I Got a New Friend

The Day We Fall In Love

    

 

Kevin pouts on the waiting chair behind his mother and Krystal who are having a girls time enjoy the hair treatment in one of a famous salon playing with his transformer robot. Today is their beauty trip since next week will be Krystal and Minho’s engagement day so the bride to be has to prepare herself to looks beauty at her important day. While the ladies are having a good time there, Kevin feels really boring just sit and watch them from his seat. Usually Victoria will pay full attention on him whenever and wherever but now just let him sit alone without any friend at least this robot could be his mute friend for awhile. Actually Minho is suppose to take care of Kevin but he has something to do at office so he cant join them. As minutes pass there is no sign that the two ladies will finish their treatment, how many second , minutes , or hour he has to waiting for ?Reaching his limit, Kevin get up from his seat and step toward his mom.

 

“Mom.. Let’s go somewhere else.. it isnt fun here..” He whimper like a small kid pull the tip of Victoria’s Tshirt.

“Are you that boring dude ?” Krystal take a peep by her right eye.

 “Yes I am.. Mommy, can I go outside ? just take a walk for 20 minutes then comeback..”

 “No, how about if you lost dear?? Just stay here for awhile.. “ Victoria try to persuade his son, she really worry if Kevin go outside without her or Krystal. This is a foreign county, even Kevin can speak Korean there is no guarantee for his safety. Kidnapping? gangster?Car accident? all those though come to her mind. No way!!

 “Come on mom, I will not walked up toward the road, just around this shopping complex. Promise.. !!!” He raise up his little finger. Kevin really curious about Seoul though, his mom always tell him lots of story about this city since he was younger in Beijing. When the opportunity to come here comes, Kevin being the most excited person. Previously he will spend his time with both woman now its time to satisfy his adventurer desire.

 “Just let him Unni..  he must be really boring watching us here.. “ Krystal support his beloved nephew.

“Ok.. but promise just 20 minutes dear.. don’t walked up toward the road, always watch right and left side, don’t talk with stranger,  and.. “

 “Oke, I got it !! Good bye , I love you mom.. !!!” Before Victoria could finish her word Kevin already run toward the door.

“Really.. your son is no joke..  “ Krystal chuckle.

 

~

 

Come out from the salon Kevin look at his left and right side, confuse which direction he suppose to goes to first. He steps excitedly with a bright smile, has no idea that Soul will this cool and modern. He claps his hands , jump , and sing along walking by himself. There are lot's of boutique, salon, supermarket etc which most of it are woman area. He keep walking doesnt realize how far he go, " I just walk stright way right ?" He said to himself when the though of losing comes. Dynamic music heared with some people circling near the road over there. Kevin curiously step closer watching a street dancer group show their ability.

“You are so cool hyung.. “

He compliment one of the dancer after finish their performance. Looks at his excited face, the man pulls his wrist and ask him to come join them dance in front of the audience. 2PM ‘Hands Up’ is now playing,

“Uh.. this song is my favorite!!”

Kevin said to his sunbae who start to dance following the addicted rhythm of the song. People one by one gathering to watch their performance, although he isnt a great dancer but the way he moves and dance are very cute makes most girl and ajjuma wont miss his performance. Today Kevin success draw people attention with his star aura, get a thousand applause even same people asking for his picture.

“Waah.. you are a shining star here kid !!”

a man with a jumper pants approach Kevin. Because of this little kid they got lots of audiences and money for the first time since being a street dancer.

“Kamsahamnida hyung.. “ He said shyly.

 “Here, buy some ice cream!” The man hand him some money as their gratitude for help them today.

“Kamsahamnida, but my mom said I must help people without reward.” He refuse politely. Victoria always tough his son giving something for others is much better then being the one who receiving, Kevin always remember it.

“It’ yours.. don’t you perform too? Come on !!” The man grab Kevin’s palm and put the money in.

“Thanks, anyway what is your name little boy?”

 “Kevin imnida.. “

 

~

 

“Hyung, why didn’t you just depose that shameless man? He was talking behind your back !!”

Junho cant believe that Nichkhun still give an opportunity for one of his employer who said something bad about him to the other staff while Nichkhun and Junho are behind them at Office café this morning. Junho though he suppose to at least give a punch on his damn face or kick him out from his company, but Nichkhun’ reaction was opposite. He reminds calm and just gave that man a serious warning, what a surprise.

“You should differentiate which is personal problem and business.. “ He said calmly as continue walking around this shopping complex.

 “But he said that you used a dirty trick to got your position at your old company by hid your marriage status.. “

“I admitted that I ever married at the job interview when they said it was only for single, didn’t I? but they didn’t believe me cause I didn’t have my marriage document. So.. ?”

“But still.. “ Junho cant accept that other people talking bad about his best friend.

“But how could he know about your marriage, I means.. “

“We are at the same company 6 years ago as employer. He also know me and her, I was a newbie but in two months I became the head of department while he just a staff.. and now it’s my own company so no need to care about those unimportant thing.. “ He pat Junho’s shoulder calming his burning friend. Junho smile realizing the change of Nichkhun, 6 years ago he just a spoiled kid who live under his family power but now he only can see an independent  Nichkhun. Life teach him became a responsible and thoughtful person.

To cooled Junho’s burning head Nichkhun pull his arm to the ice cream counter nearby, vanilla ice cream his favorite favor while Junho having his chocolate ice cream. Like a small kid, the mad Junho turn into cheerful in a moment as they leave the ice cream counter. Its very very long time ago for  Nichkhun since the last time he ate ice cream, as time pass coffe replace this sweet and memorable thing which is one of his favorite back then.

 

Being tired of work for more than 12 hours, Nichkhun came back to their house with a pallid face. It had been two months he work at one of famous airline, one of famous airline in 2010. Although he really suffer being commanded and ruled by other person which was never he experienced before. He used to be a son of Teeragiant Horvejkul the powerful person who controlling this republic’s economy at that time with his multinational company. He got everything easily and people never ruled him whereas him who commanded them. But now, he had to work hard with his own hands to fed his beloved wife, Victoria.

Nichkhun climbed the metal stairs toward their apartment door, hoping Victoria would still awake for this already 11 pm but she might still waited for him like she usually did. Knocked the door weekly as he hid the small bag in his grip, after 5 minutes Victoria showed up with big smile planted on her face knowing her beloved husband was home.

" Welcome home yeobo.. “

Her smile that he missed for the whole day, how could he missed her this bad when they only separated for half day? He felt like he didn’t met her for a year, makes his tired gone replaced with a week smile as Victoria cupped his tired face. Her warm touch was wreaked more strength from his body, while her eyes gave a peacefulness inside him forgetting the thought day in his office. Just like that he never would regreted married this woman for the rest of his life, she.. Victoria Song was the greatest gift ever God sent to him, and now how could he asked for more wheareas he already got enough.

Victoria twinned his arm walking inside their house, guided his husband to sat on the couch while she started to massaged his tired shoulders. "Ouh.. it's feel good yeobo.. Victoria realized his pallid face and tired expression, it must be hard for a person like him to worked like this. This last 2 months Nichkhun was promoted to a good position and to got more money to paid this house for them he had to spent longer time in office. If it wasn’t because she really took care of his meal and life style he might lost some weight then. Unrealized a stream of tear escaped from the edge of her eyes watching his efforts for her, made her believe that he really loved her sincerely so did her.

“Wait, I have something for you.. “

Nichkhun turned his back faced her, took a small bag on the table. Slowly he took a pale green box from it and handed it to his wife. Victoria’s eyes widen when “Tiffany Ltd” written on the box, one of famous jewelry product from US which made her very sure the price wasn’t a joke.

“Open it.. “

Nichkhun said then slowly Victoria opened the box. He smile brightly watched his speechless wife who looked at him back and forth with her bunny eyes, couldn’t believe what her husband gave just now. A chain white gold bracelet with a small heart hung on it, “Johayo ?” He asked although he really knew she liked it from her expression but she couldn’t answered him for she really surprised. Got no response he took the bracelet from the box and put it on her right hand which looks very suit on her white skin.

“Chagiya.. gumawoyo.. “  she said buried her face on his chest. Felt very touched for his gift, not that Nichkhun never gave her such as this expensive gift before even when they were dating he gave her  a 3 million dollars  handmade bag from Paris as her birthday present. But this time the gift was so special because he bough this with his own money. “ I love you.. “ She whispered on his ear. “I love you more than you love me.. “ He said as he kiss her head , smelled the scent of her hair. While he pampered inside his wife warm embrace, Victoria pulled herself from him.

“I also have a gift for you.. “ made Nichkhun frowned as she rushing toward the kitchen.

“Tadaaa.. vanilla ice cream from Chef Victoria Horvejkul.. !!!” Victoria offered bow of ice cream which was her husband favorite favor. “You make it ?” Now his turn to became speechless as Victoria nodded.  As usually only Victoria could made him this speechless with a small thing such as an ice cream, ice cream made by his beloved Vicky. She took the spoon and fed her beloved husband first. “ How is it?” “It’s the best vanilla ice cream I ever eat.. “  Those lovely eyes shoot Victoria eyes “Don’t make me shy.. “ Victoria’s face turned red by his compliment. "Really, thanks.. I have nothing to say.. " Nichkhun still locked his eyes on her red face. No more reason he need to answer why did he love this woman whole hearted,  you already knew how she could changed his life become more meaningful than ever.

"Look what written on the heart.. " Khun said as he fed his wife. Victoria directly looked at her hands and searching for the heart around the chain, there , over there was written 'KV' which was their name initial. "This isnt a public edition?" "Of f  course, I only have one heart and its only for Victoria." He grabbed her palm and put it on his chest so she could felt how crazy his heart pounding just now for his only lover.

There were few more spoon of ice cream on the big bow as both keep fed eachother. Suddenly Nichkhun blew into laugh saw his wife ate like a little kid with ice cream around her lip. “"What?" She asked cunfused. Aaah.. “ Victoria looked at the mirror beside her , when she about to wipe the ice cream from her lip in one swift motion Nichkhun pulled her wrist and landed his lip on those soft lips of her, poured all loves and disire inside him through the kiss.

 

~

 

“Hyung what are you thinking about.. ?” Junho break his daydream. “Uh nothing.. “ He throw him a ‘don’t worry’ smile. “Brrruuuukkkkkk.. “ not far from where they stand a little girl fall to the ground makes Nichkhun run toward the girl to help her but a small boy come first help the criying girl to stand up. “Gwaencana?” Said the small boy gently brush her dirty knee. “My ice cream.. “ The girl still cry pointed at his ice cream on the road. “Igo.. don’t cry again ok !!!” He said giving his ice cream to the little girl. “Kasamnida oppa.. “ the girl stop sobbing and wipe her tears. Nichkhun and Junho are amazed wathing this touching scene, slowly they approach the little boy. “Hi are you ok?” Junho brush the girls hair lovingly. “Yes, I stubbed but oppa help me and gave his ice cream ajussii.. “ The girl said as she eat her ice cream. "Good bye oppa.. " The girl said leaving the three of them.

“Ommo.. what is your name little hero?” “ My name is Kevin ajussii..” “Kevin.. ?” Nichkhun frown heard that familiar name, but doesnt too remember where and when he heard.“Yes.. why ?” “Nothing.. anyway I proud of you for being such as a good boy. " "Never mind as long as she happy although I cant eat my ice cream.. gwaencana!!!" "For my regard I’ll treat you an ice cream then.. “ Nichkhun squad looking straight to his big eyes, his eyes are very warm somehow remind him of someone else. “Thanks ajussi.. but my mom said it’s better to giving then receiving.. I am happy for helping her. “ He bow politely makes Nichkhun and Junho even more impressed. “Aissshh.. it just a gift for my new friend. Wanna be my friend?” Nichkhun raise up his little finger and wait for Kevin to tangle his. “We are friend from now on.. “ Kevin said as Nichkhun twinned Kevin’s shoulder. “Hyung, I’ll back to office first something need to be solved.” “Should I come too?” “No, I’ll handle it.. calka..!!” Junho watch their figure from behind, walk together like a father and son and for the first time Nichkhun being so welcome and comfort around kids. Isnt Kevin’s face little bit looks like his best friend or just his imagination?? What ever.. at least Nichkhun is happy today.

“What flavor do you like dude?”

“ I like green tea flavor, Uncle.. “ Nichkhun stiff for a moment heard he just mention green tea flavor, the flavor she likes the most. It’s the first time hearing someone else like those flavor for people rarely like it.

“Thanks Uncle.. “ Kevin takes the ice cream from Nichkhun’s grip, “Where do you live Kevin?” Junho ask as they reach a wood bench nearby. “I live in China but I stay in my Aunty’s house during we stay in Seoul. “ “So you aren’t from Korea? But how can you speak Korean so well ?” “My mom used to live here for quite long, she tough me Korean plus I live in Korean neighborhood so I can speak both Korean and Chinese.”

Kevin took his backpack and took something from it. “Here.. it’s for you Uncle.. “ Kevin gives him his favorite toy, a transformer robot. “What for?” “Arent we a friend? This is the toy I like the most, since Uncle is my friend you can have it.. Promise you’ll take care of it“ Nichkhun receive the small gift with a sparkle eyes, very touched for he gives him his important thing. “Thanks, I will take care of him. this is for you.. You cant lost it no matter what!” He put a white bracelet on Kevin’s wrist. Cause he gave him his important thing, Nichkhun also gives his meaningful bracelet the bracelet is from his late grand father which this bracelet used to cling on his father’s wrist and now he gives it to this little boy whom he know few hour ago, has no idea why did he give him that bracelet.

 

They have a good time together on the wood bench, “Oh, you’re so funny Uncle.. !!” Kevin rub his painful stomach cause he laugh hard with Nichkhun’s humor . Kevin feels more comfort near Nichkhun rather then other adult include Minho, Nichkhun is a funny and playful person while Kevin almost never really laugh with Minho’s jokes. Nichkhun and Kevin also have some similarity such as swimming, robot even they like same fruit strawberry. What a fate! “Uncle what time is it?” Nichkhun lance at his wrist “12.40.. “ “Aiiyaa.. Mom must looking for me !!!” Kevin panic remember that he broke his promise to comeback after 20 minutes. “Where is your mom? I bring my car so wanna go together ?”

 

“Thanks Uncle.. “ Kevin said when Nichkhun open the door for him. “Your mom work here?” “No, she is a costumer today! Let’s go inside! I’ll introduce you to my mom.. my mom is very beautiful uncle, you might like her “ Kevin becomes excited will introduce his new friend, his mom will jealous that he got a friend earlier in Seoul. "Wait.. " He said feels his mobile ringing.“Yes Junho, what’s wrong?” Nichkhun said after pick up the call. “Oke, araso.. !” Nichkhun cut the line the squad hold Kevin’s little shoulder. “Kevin-ah.. There is something Uncle must finish at office now. . “ he said with a regret tone. “Really.. it’s pity.. “ Kevin pout feels disappoint with Nichkhun’s leaving. “ I am sorry, maybe next time!! Send my regard to you mom..  don’t be sad buddy !!” He pat his shoulder and gives him a high five. “Good bye Uncle.. !!” Kevin waves his hand to Nichkhun who reach his car with a heavy heart.

 

 

Anyeong , new chapter for you guys.. I ma not feeling well lately so I cant update soon.. enjoy reading dont forget to upvote subscribe at least leave a commant.. love you ! maiy babo