8

Losing someone you love hurts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Babykyu?” Siwon’s head popped out from behind the opened door.

 

"Hyung!” Kyuhyun responded with a great big grin on his face.

 

“Are you ready to go?” Hyukjae asks as he troops into the room next. Kyuhyun fiddles with the last buttons on his knitted vest before nodding.

 

“Where’s Jongwoon-ssi?” Youngwoon asks trailing in after Jungsu.

 

“Bathroom.” Kyuhyun replies as he allows Donghae to fix his hair.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” Jongwoon said immediately when he returns and finds everyone in the room.

 

“It’s ok.” Jungsu smiled kindly. “We can leave now!”

 

Nobody remembers whose idea was it, but the idea came up amongst the elder brothers that they would like to bring Kyuhyun out for some sun and fresh air. Their little brother was starting to resemble a fading apparition and that alarmed all his brothers greatly.

 

“Where? Where?” Kyuhyun was all childish delight when they first told him of their idea.

 

“We are thinking a picnic.” Heechul replies.

 

“Seaside.” Donghae interrupts mirroring Kyuhyun’s excitement.

 

“Park.” Jungsu intercepts firmly.

 

“Outside the city.” Heechul adds.

 

“The sea is too far, Hae.” Hyukjae tries to comfort a downcast Donghae.

 

“Let’s invite Jongwoon-ssi along!” Kyuhyun bounces excitedly in his bed.

 

“Wouldn’t think not to, baby.” Siwon smiles as he ruffles Kyuhyun’s hair.

 

“I’ll check with the doctor when he thinks is a good day.” Jungsu promises.

 

And so it is. Today. Picnic in a park outside the city.

 

Jungsu drove, Sungmin and Ryeowook carried 3 picnic baskets between themselves, Heechul held a small carrier filled with medication, Youngwoon and Siwon are given the task of “bodyguards” for they can be counted on for support if the boys are exhausted or ill. Donghae and Hyukjae will be solely relied on for comic relief and atmosphere enhancing. Their ability to tattle non-stop kept Kyuhyun excited and distracted from Jongwoon who remained silent and moody in the car.

 

“Are you feeling alright?” Ryeowook sitting next to him lean close to ask in a very low whisper.

 

“Y-yes, I am.” Jongwoon was surprised out of his reverie and realised belatedly that he is ruining the otherwise happy atmosphere this family is trying to build for their ailing sibling. “I’m s-sorry.”

 

“Don’t be.” Ryeowook replies with a bright smile. “As much as we want Kyuhyun to be happy today, we want the same for you too.”

 

“T-thank you.” Jongwoon is taken aback that he is playing an important role too. He stole a glance at Kyuhyun who is sitting infront of him laughing loudly at Donghae’s joke.

 

Only Jongwoon would know that Kyuhyun suffered through a bout of high fever the night before. The doctor had decided to forbid him to travel when the fever did not subside in the morning but Kyuhyun had begged him to let him go.

 

“Please doctor, this may be my last outing with my brothers!”

 

“Kyuhyun-ssi, you are not fit to make the trip. Your fever may flare again!” the doctor replies equally frustrated.

 

“I promise to be very careful! Please doctor….I promise I will not push myself too hard!” Kyuhyun’s eyes are rimmed with tears as he begs further.

 

“But~”

 

Jongwoon knows that Kyuhyun is trying to distract his brothers from his condition by being extra jaunty and loud. And it won’t take much to cause all of Kyuhyun’s efforts to come crashing down.

 

“I’m fine, I really am.” Jongwoon smiles at Ryeowook till the slight man believes him and smiles back with relief.

 

The place to set the picnic out was carefully selected by Jungsu too. It has to be under the largest tree so they can have the largest shade possible. It also has to be by the lake so it will offer them some cool relief from the afternoon heat.

 

Lunch was first on the agenda and everyone is relieved to see Kyuhyun’s exceptionally good appetite as he wolves down everything they put on his plate. Jongwoon does not have much of an appetite to boost about but he ate as heartily as he think he can pretend to be.

 

“What’s wrong, baby?” Siwon shot up from his seat when Kyuhyun struggles to get onto his feet. Youngwoon also got onto his feet.

 

“Toilet, I think I drank too much.” Kyuhyun laughs and his brothers burst out laughing too.

 

Siwon let a sigh of relief escape between his lips as he reaches out to hold his brother’s arm.

 

“No, no, you guys have a rest, Jongwoon-ssi will go with me.” Kyuhyun said with a little too much false cheer. All his brothers avert their stares on him over to Jongwoon who jumped to his feet rather sheepishly.

 

“S-sure.” Jongwoon said with a sharp bark of laughter. “Let’s go!”

 

With his brothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter