Haunted

Out of Darkness
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Aren't you supposed to be the strong one? Let's see how well you fight me off..."

"N-no," Tao muttered in his sleep, stuck in his horrid nightmare. He started tossing and turning.

"If you scream, I'd like to hear my name."

Tao started to sob. "P-please just let me go."

Xiumin's eyes slowly cracked open. He heard strange sounds coming from the other side of the room. He rubbed his tired eyes before he realized what was going on. He jumped out of bed when he heard Tao scream.

"Zi Tao!" Xiumin yelled as he quickly made his way towards the younger one. He got on Tao's bed, gently trying to shake him awake. "Tao wake up it's just a dream!" he yelled as he dodged one of Tao's fists.

Tao's eyes snapped open at the same time Kris, Lay, Chen, and Luhan barged through the doors. The crying maknae sat up and hugged his knees to his chest, distancing himself from the forming crowd.

"What's going on?" Kris quickly asked as he the light.

After involuntarily flinching, Tao allowed Xiumin to wrap his arms around him, holding Tao's trembling body in a tight embrace. Tao didn't return the hug. He was too busy trying to put his mind back together as he stared into nothing.

"I think he had a nightmare," Xiumin answered as he Tao's hair.

"Oh Tao," Kris sighed as he took a seat on Tao's bed. Kris didn't expect Tao to feel better overnight, but he was also hoping that Tao wouldn't feel afraid in his own home, either. "Were you dreaming about the party?"

Tao nodded. "I-I'm sorry," he said, sensing that Kris had become frustrated with him. Tao couldn't blame the leader. Everyone had woken up because of Tao anyway; it wouldn't surprise him if he had upset any of them.

"Tao you know you have nothing to apologize for," Kris quickly replied.

"I woke everyone up," Tao muttered.

"We were already awake," Lay lied. Once he found out that it was seven in the morning, he figured it wouldn't hurt to lie a little if it meant making the maknae feel better.

Tao didn't reply. He simply buried his head in Xiumin's chest. 

"I think I'll make some breakfast," Chen announced, figuring that no one was going to go back to sleep anyway. "Are you hungry, Tao?"

Tao shook his head.

"That's too bad," Chen replied with a shrug. "I'm not actually giving you an option. You're eating breakfast."

"Okay," Tao muttered, knowing that he would argue a losing battle. He watched as Chen left the room.

"Tao," LuHan said. "Why don't you rest a little more while you wait for breakfast?"

Tao shook his head. "I'm not tired anymore," he muttered. Tao looked to Xiumin. "I think I'll take a shower if that's all right with all of you."

Xiumin nodded. "Of course that's okay," he replied, slowly unwrapping his arms from the shaken maknae.

"Thank you," Tao said in a quiet voice. He slowly got out of bed.

"We'll be in the living room if you need us," Kris promised.

Tao nodded.

"Here's your towel," Lay said after going into the closet for Tao's towel and a change of clothes. He handed the things to Tao.

Tao held the items tightly. Everyone started leaving the room while Tao made his way into the bathroom.

Once Tao locked the door, he squeezed his eyes shut as he began to take off his shirt. He didn't like seeing the damage done to his body. He didn't want to see the bruises Yu-ching gave him every time he yelled for help. He didn't want to see the cuts on his body from Yu-ching digging his nails into Tao's skin every time he tried to escape. He didn't want to see the bite marks Yu-ching gave him. They were all reminders of what happened. He didn't need a reminder. What he needed was solace, something he felt he wouldn't get any time soon.

Tao could feel tears building up in his eyes as he let his pants fall to the ground. He knew about the scar tissue the nurse at the hospital had found during his examination. He knew how bruised his thighs were.

He hated all of it.

Tao slowly opened his eyes as he began to guide himself to the shower. Careful not to look at his body, he the water and stepped inside.

"You've just been asking for this all night," Yu-ching confidently said as he started kissing Tao's neck, ignoring the tears that had fallen from the younger one's face.

He quickly started washing himself, scrubbing at his skin so hard that he wouldn't be surprised if his cuts were to open up again.

"You don't really think your friends would want you after this, do you?" Yu-ching asked in amusement upon hearing Tao's constant screams for help. "I wouldn't be surprised if they kicked you out of EXO. You can't be good for their image."

Scrub harder.

"Try calling for help now," Yu-ching taunted as his fingers wrapped around Tao's neck. A sick smile appeared on his face as he watched the younger one struggle to breathe.

Tao scrubbed at his neck, the rate of his breathing increased as his flashbacks began assaulting his mind again.

"Is this how you like it?" Yu-ching asked as he whispered in Tao's ear.

Tao suddenly collapsed, dropping onto his knees. His eyes were wide as he stared into nothing. His heavy breathing eventually turned into sobs, and Tao couldn't help but allow himself to cry like a baby.

Yu-ching was right.

This was his fault.

He let this happen. If only he had paid attention. If only be hadn't been too trusting. If only he had stuck with Kris. If only he hadn't been so weak.

Tao sobbed as the water continued to fall from the showerhead. Even as he let his body be assaulted by the pelting hot water, he still didn't feel clean. He had violently scrubbed himself multiple times, to the point where his skin was r

Please log in to read the full chapter