Truth

Out of Darkness
Please log in to read the full chapter

The entire dorm broke out in a panic upon hearing a familiar scream of terror.

"Get out! JUST GET OUT!!" 

Kris and Chen looked at each with worried looks, wondering what could have possibly been going on. The two of them quickly ran out of their shared room. Lay and LuHan must have done the same thing, because all four of them were standing in the hallway surrounding Xiumin. The eldest was on the floor, his face buried in his knees as soft sobs wracked his body.

"Hyung?" Chen asked gently. "What's wrong? What happened?"

Xiumin raised his head, revealing his red, watery eyes and puffy cheeks. He also revealed a large orange stain on his white shirt, causing all the EXO M members to be confused and in a desperate need of answers.

"I was getting a drink in the kitchen," Xiumin started to explain as he wiped his face. "But it spilled on me..." he trailed off, looking away from his friends' worried glances.

"And then what?" Kris asked patiently. Whatever happened obviously shook up the eldest one severely. Kris needed to know what it was. 

Xiumin swallowed. "I went to the room to get a new shirt," he continued. "I should have knocked. I just didn't think about it. I've never had to knock before so I just assumed... It's all my fault..."

Lay shook his head. "Nothing's your fault."

"Tao didn't have a shirt on when I walked in," Xiumin muttered, as if he was hoping no one heard him. "I saw... everything. His scars. His bruises. And I said nothing! I should have done something, said something. But I ended up just staring at him." Xuimin was ashamed. He just stared at Tao, his mouth wide open but nothing came out. Xiumin's eyes had widened at the sight of Tao's body, and he didn't fail to see the shame and fear coming from Tao's eyes. He wasn't surprised when the maknae began to scream before violently pushing and shoving the older one out of the room. "He probably hates me," Xiumin concluded.

"He doesn't hate you," Kris said. "He's still in shock."

"Just give him some time," LuHan recommended. "You come to our room. You can borrow one of my shirts for now, okay?" he offered.

Xiumin nodded, slowly rising from the ground. "That monster," he muttered. "How could he do this to Tao? It's not fair."

Chen started rubbing Xiumin's back. "He'll get what's coming to him," he promised. "There's no way he'll get away with any of this."

"Literally every part of his back and stomach are covered in bruises and cuts," Xiumin continued. "Now I can only think how much Tao must have screamed and cried before any of us came. And to think he had to endure the whole thing..."

"Tao's a strong guy," Lay reminded him. "But that doesn't mean he's indestructable. He's going to have days like this but that doesn't mean that anyone here should blame himself for what happens."

 "Thanks, guys," Xiumin finally said. "Are you sure he'll be okay?"

LuHan slung his arm around Xiumin's shoulders. "Of course we are." He sent a kind smile towards Xiumin's way. "Now let's change you out of this shirt, okay?"

Xiumin nodded. "Okay," he replied, a small smile finally forming on his face.

Kris sighed as he watched the two of them enter Lay and LuHan's shared room. "I'll go check on Tao," he said to Lay and Chen.

"Ge," Chen said. "Remember what YiXing said. Even if Tao doesn't want to speak to you right now, don't be too hard on yourself, okay?"

Kris nodded. He took a deep breath before gripping the door knob of Xiumin and Tao's room. "Tao! I'm coming in," Kris warned before he slowly began to open the door. He didn't receive a response, but he figured no response was better than an angry one. "Tao," Kris said again as he closed the door behind him.

Tao was covered with his blanket as he was curled up in bed. Kris would have thought Tao was asleep had it not been for Tao's shoulders jerking as he sobbed. 

Kris slowly approached Tao's bedside. "Are you okay, Tao?" Kris took a seat on the edge of Tao's bed. "He didn't mean to hurt you," he said as he brought a hand to Tao's shoulder. He felt the maknae flinch in fear. Kris tried to ignore it. He kne

Please log in to read the full chapter