Regression

Out of Darkness
Please log in to read the full chapter

Of course chaos erupted in the EXO-M dorm as a hysterical Maknae came in, followed by an apologetic Xiumin.

"What happened?" Kris asked, almost impatiently. From his viewpoint, it looked like the same case as yesterday; Xiumin "messing up", with Tao taking everything the wrong way. His question was followed by Tao running straight to his room, slamming the door.

Xiumin jumped at the sound, looking at Kris with scared eyes.

Kris couldn't believe it.  Xiumim was shaking with anxiety.

"The news," Xiumin replied. "Have you seen the news?"

Kris shook his head, followed by Lay turning on the TV and flipping through the channels.

"He's on the news," Xiumin muttered.

Kris gave him a confused look, about to ask Xiumin to explain further before Lay's voice cut him off.

"Oh my God," Lay muttered as he stared at the screen. His eyes were wide and his mouth hung open. He couldn't believe it. This had to be a joke. "No," he breathed out.

When Kris turned to the TV screen, everything made sense.

"They're still showing it," Xiumin said in despair. "I can't believe they're still showing it."

"Who took this?" Kris asked angrily as he watched the video. It was clear that someone had used their phone to take this video. The video was shaky and blurred, and the sound quality was cheap. But whoever took this video, knew to make sure that all of EXO M was shown.

"Someone saw us that night and posted on the internet," Xiumin explained. He ran his fingers through his hair in a rough manner. "I can't believe this!"

Luhan and Chen slowly walked into the living room, confused by Tao's dramatic entrance. 

"What's going on?" Luhan asked. All he could understand was that something bad happened to Tao, whether it was real or imagined, he wasn't sure.

"Come watch this," Kris commanded, rather aggressively. 

Chen and Luhan sheepishly obeyed. They sat on the couch and watched. Their eyes instantly widened.

"Who-"

"I don't know," Kris immediately answered. He already knew what Chen was about to ask. To him, it didn't matter who did this. What matters is that this happened in the first place.

"But this could have been anything," Luhan muttered. "How did they know Tao was ?"

Lay shrugged. "His shirt is kinda ripped," he reasoned, watching the video closely. The dancer shook his head when a thought came to his head. "Maybe the person who took this had help from someone who works at the hospital. Maybe the person who took this actually works at the hospital. We won't ever be sure."

Kris sighed. "He might be right," he painfully admitted. 

Xiumin gave them a shocked look. "That can't be right!" he argued. "Hospitals are supposed to keep things confidential!"

"We're celebrities, Hyung," Chen reminded him. "Nothing is confidential with us."

Xiumin sighed in defeat, running his fingers through his hair. "This isn't right. Isn't Tao a patient like everyone else?"

Kris got closer to the distraught one, rubbing the older one's shoulder in hopes of comforting him. "Tao's different," he finally said. "We're all different. We're celebrities. They won't ever view us as just people."

"I messed up again," Xiumin muttered, tears coming to his eyes. 

"No you didn't," Luhan argued. "It's not your fault this ended up on the news." There was no way that any of them were going to let Xiumin take the blame

Please log in to read the full chapter