Home

Out of Darkness
Please log in to read the full chapter

Final chapter! (This is kind of cheesy)

When Tao woke up this morning, he was in a good mood. He knew what day it was, and it was a day he had been waiting for almost for what felt like an eternity.

Tao played with his pen in his fingers, staring down at the blank page in front of him. He had so many thoughts going through his head right now, and he wanted to release at least some of them to pass the time.

They were all good thoughts though. All of them pleasant and in relation to the good mood he had woken up in.

He had actually formed a habit of writing in his notebook. His routine was the same. He would spend a while reflecting on everything before he actually started to write, whether his words were positive or negative. He just wanted to make sure that all of his words made sense once it got down on paper. 

With a heavy sigh, he started writing.

We're going back to Korea today! I don't think the others understand how happy this makes me. I really miss Joonmyeon, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Sehun, and Jongin. I'll admit that I'm really nervous to see them also. I know that they know what happened. There's no way Yifan or any of the others would keep it a secret from them. But I'm glad I didn't have to tell them, and I'm glad I wasn't there to see the looks on their faces when they found out everything.

I honestly never thought that I would be so happy to leave China. Yes, getting to see my EXO K brothers again is wonderful, but I'm glad I get to escape China. I place where I called home and always felt safe has been a little ruined for me. That really upsets me. Hopefully I'll feel happier in Korea.

For the first time since the party my ...that night, I checked all my messages on my phone. Just as I thought, I received a lot of calls from people. My voice mail inbox is completely full, and I had close to one hundred unread texts. I feel bad that I've purposely ignored all contact from my friends and family. They must have been worried sick after seeing the news and I'm not helping them one bit. I'm really sorry to them, honestly, and I will contact them...eventually. I know I shouldn't let them go. They're my family, I love them and they did nothing wrong, so I shouldn't be punishing them like this. What I'm doing may seem a little selfish, and I wouldn't blame my family if they're upset with me. I'd be upset too. I just hope that when I finally do talk to them, they'll be happy to hear from me. I just really hope that they're not spending every waking hour thinking about me. I hope they're still healthy also.

Tao sighed, his body frozen as he realized what he had just written. It seemed like it had completely dawned on him as to what he should do next, even though it hurt his brain just thinking about it. He bit his lip as he started to write again.

But I can't prolong running away from them, huh?

Tonight, I'm calling them. They at least deserve to know that I'm okay.

I'm calling my parents and hopefully after that, all of us might feel better.

Tao sighed as he closed his notebook. He looked around. The plane was nice and quiet, just like he would have liked. Kris was sitting next to him, dead asleep. Tao smiled at the sight. He couldn't deny how comical Kris looked with his head lolled to the side and his mouth hanging open. His charismatic image was completely dead right now.

The others were asleep as well, each of them taking advantage of every possible minute of sleep they could get, no matter how short it might be.

Tao, on the other hand, he just couldn't sleep. Whether it was his nerves acting up, or if he really wasn't tired, Tao didn't really know. But he did know that he meant every word he wrote when he said that he was so happy to be going back to Korea.

Tao put his notebook back in his bag, pulling out his iPod as well, before hearing Kris shift in his seat and release a sigh.

"Tao," Kris muttered sleepily, his eyes still closed. "Sleep a little," he said. Though tired, he was still worried about the younger one, and even though Tao's sleep and eating patterns were beginning to get better since the last couple of days, Kris still wasn't satisfied and was still a little concerned. Of course, he was sure that he would be concerned about Tao's well being for a while.

"I'm okay," Tao replied with a smile. "I'm not tired anyway."

"Try," Kris commanded gently.

Tao shook his head. "I'm fine," he responded again. "Besides, we have less than an hour left of this flight. Going to sleep now wouldn't do anything for me."

Kris opened his eyes a little more, seeming less sleepy while looking at Tao skeptically.

"Go back to sleep, Duizhang," Tao said, knowing everything Kris would like to say. "You don't have to worry about me."

Kris responded with a grunt before closing his eyes again and obeying Tao. He'll just force the younger one to get some sleep when they get to the dorms anyway.

Chaos erupted in the EXO dorm. The K members hadn't gotten this loud in a long time. Everyon

Please log in to read the full chapter