Hopeful

Out of Darkness
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kris didn't realize that the answer to one of his problems would come so quickly. He also didn't know whether he would call it an answer or just an event that may or may not have helped Tao.

Either way, this event brought about a some sort of change that would effect Tao's recovery.

Considering the fact that his day started with Tao having another breakdown, Kris was sure that whatever events that may happen throughout the day will receive a negative response from the maknae.

It all began after everyone had woken up. Kris had been recieving several texts, all from Suho, who had been asking for updates on Tao.

"How'sTao?"

"Is he eating?"

"Any progress on finding the guy that did this?!"

"Has he been talking to you guys?"

"Why doesn't he reply to any of our calls and texts?!"

"Please make sure he's eating."

"And don't leave him alone. Take care of him, okay?"

Kris warned Suho that babying Tao would only make the maknae angrier. That didn't stop Suho from worrying about Tao all day, everyday. Returning to Korea would be good for Tao, but also good for the sake of Suho's sanity.

Being the responsible leader that he was, Kris would always answer Suho's questions. The K members deserved answers just as much as the M members did.

Kris was lounging in the living room. He finished answering another seemingly endless round of questions from Suho before Luhan started rushing down the stairs. "Yifan!" the older one yelled, causing the leader to jump in surprise.

Kris noticed the panicked expression Luhan wore. "Lu Ge," he responded. "What's wrong?"

Luhan swallowed. "It's Tao." Again.

Kris didn't exactly remember what was going on as the older one began to answer, but Luhan didn't even have to finish before Kris had gotten off the couch and began to run towards him. The two of them rushed up the stairs, speeding through the hallway before reaching Tao and Xiumin's room.

When the two of them got there, Kris wasn't surprised to see Tao quietly sobbing into Xiumin's chest, not even aware that more people had entered the room. Xiumin had been holding the maknae tightly, not wanting Tao to even think about trying to leave him.

It turned out that Tao come across a fansite. A few "fans" were saying not so nice things about Tao regarding his situation. 

Thankfully, this hadn't been the worst breakdown from Tao that Kris had ever seen, but it was still bad enough to make Kris believe that whatever progress they had made with Tao's recovery might have been slowed down a bit.

Kris was angry at the people who did this, wondering if people could get any more insensitive to someone's suffering. 

But Kris had to calm down, even for just a second. Comforting Tao was more important than his anger, and thankfully, Kris realized that fact quickly. 

He tried to make his voice sound as pleasant as possible, even though after reading all those comments, all he wanted to do was punch something. He didn't want his anger to.show in fear of making Tao feel uncomfortable. 

Kris took the liberty of taking Tao from Xiumin's grasp, whispering gentle sayings into Tao's ear.

"It's alright, Tao," Kris said. "I told you no one else's opinions matter, right? Just ours?"

Surprisingly, Tao nodded, proving that he wasn't as deep in thought as Kris first suspected. He felt the younger one slowly relaxing in his grip.

"Everything will get better soon," Kris promised. "You watch."

A few hours later, Tao groaned as he slowly opened his eyes, something he immediately regretted as the light of the room practically blinded him, making his head pound violently. He hissed in pain and squeezed his eyes shut as he curled up under his blanket, feeling an uncomfortable combination of hot and cold. He kept stirring, trying to make his sore body find a comfortable position.

Kris lied. Didn't he tell Tao that everything would be okay when he woke up? How was this better? 

Kris really was a liar.

Tao didn't know what was wrong with him, but he was sure if he had the energy, he would yell in frustration. Instead, he let out a whine, his version of a cry for help.

He moaned as he felt a cool hand on his forehead moments later. That actually feels really nice, he thought, feeling sadness as the hand separated from him.

"Oh no, Tao," a worried voice said. "You have a fever. How did this happen?"

Tao slowly opened his eyes, since his mind was too jumbled to match the voice with the person. 

"Minseok Hyung," Tao muttered before blinking his eyes shut again.

"Is the light bothering you?" Xiumin asked, earning a nod from Tao. A few s

Please log in to read the full chapter