Reality

Out of Darkness
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kris woke up.

The first thing he did was look down to see the precious load in his arms.

Tao.

Kris suddenly regretted waking up. He regretted having to now face reality. Everything that happened last night wasn't a sick dream, it was a horrid reality.

In his sleep, Kris had a good dream. It was so realistic too. He and all the EXO members had a normal day. That was it. They completed their schedules and practices, ate like monsters, and hung out. Though that dream may sound unexciting to everybody, Kris loved it. They were all so carefree about everything. The only things they had to worry about were promotions; how well they were going to do, what they needed to improve on.

Kris would rather have that.

Which is why he felt so devestated once he woke up and found out that was all just a dream. 

He missed the dream world as memories of what happened the night before began racing through his head.

Harsh reality slapped him in the face once he finally accepted an important fact.

Tao was .

His maknae, his innocent and sweet maknae, was violated like he meant nothing. Why would someone do something so cruel to Tao? There could never be a good reason. Tao didn't deserve what happened to him. He didn't deserve to be unhappy. He didn't deserve to be .

Kris choked at the thought. He worried about how Tao would fare from now on. The few words Tao spoke of last night was enough information to show his hyungs and geges how dark his mind was going. If Tao was brave enough to talk about how "dirty" and "disgusting" he felt, then what thoughts were floating in his head that he was too afraid to mention?

Without thinking about it, Kris held Tao tighter, as if trying to demostrate how dear Tao was to him. He wanted to show how much he never wanted Tao to get hurt again. Kris would die protecting him if need be.

"Are you okay?" a familiar voice asked.

Kris' head jerked up surprise. He thought he was the only person awake. He didn't expect to see his four other band members gathered around him, watching him and Tao with worry.

"Yeah," he answered LuHan with a nod.

"Really?" Lay asked in concern. "Because you don't look so good." He checked the time on the clock hanging on the wall. "And you've slept til noon."

Kris' had a surprised look on his face. It was already noon? "I'm fine," Kris finally emphasized. "I was just a lot more tired than I thought."

"I can imagine," Chen replied. "It was hard to sleep last night, especially with Tao waking up multiple times. I almost felt guilty every time I went back to sleep." Chen sighed. "He was probably having bad dream after bad dream. But me...I didn't even have any dreams last night. It's as if my mind shut down."

Xiumin started rubbing circles on Chen's back. "No need to feel bad," he said. "Let's be honest. Tao would have wanted all of us to get as much sleep as possible. He wouldn't want us feeling so much stress."

Kris sighed.

"We called the police," LuHan announced. "While you were asleep. They...they want to talk to Tao."

Kris sighed again, this time nodding as well. He figured this would happen. It was only a matter of time. "When are they coming?"

"We called them a few minutes ago," Lay announced. 

Xiumin looked to Tao, who was still asleep as he stirred and snuggled closer to Kris. 

"If the police get here soon," Chen said as he also began looking at Tao. "I don't think I'd have the heart to wake him up."

Everyone else in the room nodded in agreement.

"So who wants to be the heartless jerk that wakes him up?" Kris jokingly asked. 

"If no one comes up with an idea soon we're drawing straws," Xiumin said with a smile.

Kris smiled back. A few seconds later, he found out that no one would have to wake up Tao, because the younger one was already waking up.

"Hey Tao?" Kris said in a soft voice as he rubbed Tao's arm. "You awake?"

Kris felt Tao nod against his chest. 

"How are you feeling?" LuHan asked gently. 

Tao didn't respond. He didn't know how. Part of him wanted to tell the truth. He wanted to break down and cry, allowing his hyungs and geges to comfort him and baby him. But at the same time, he remembered how stressed and worried everyone was. Tao hated the fact that he was the cause of it all. 

"Tao?" Lay asked. He looked at the younger one with worry. A look in which Tao shied away from. 

"Is something wrong, Tao?" Chen asked. "Are you in pain?"

"Tao," Xiumin pleaded. "Talk to us. Please?"

Tao swallowed the lump in his throat. "I wanna leave now," Tao finally choked out. "Can we go back to the dorms?"

Kris sighed. "Not yet," he answered sadly. 

"Why not?" Tao asked as he fisted Kris'

Please log in to read the full chapter