04

Chosen

 

It all happened too fast. I couldn't see, I couldn't yell. Whatever came through my window was as fast as lightning. It attacked my father who was hovering over my bed. I was four at that time. I didn't know how to react when I heard the gurgling noises of my father on the ground or the growls I heard that were next to him. By the time the noises stopped I heard my mom shuffle around her room on the second floor. 

 

She was coming.

 

What should I do? I started to panic. Would she blame me for all of this? My panic left quickly when I finally decided to lift my head out from under the blankets. My eyes met some strange red ones. They didn't scare me. I felt safe. I heard the thing emanate a small whimper noise barley audible as it nudged its nose to my hand. My door knob shook.

"Anya!Anya! Are you ok?! What's wrong honey?!? Open the door right now!!" I heard my moms frantic pleas.

 

I quickly turned back to the thing to tell it to leave but it was already gone.

My door burst open and out came my moms heart piercing shriek. I finally looked down and saw how horrible and gnawed my father looked. But what caught my attention was the shiny sharp object that he held in his hand. Then everything went black.

 

"And has this dream been going on for long miss.Lee" Dr.Hoang asked. 

She was one of the main doctors here in the Psychiatric hospital I'm staying at.

 

No one believes me here. They think I'm mental when I tell them what really happened that night. The animalistic growl, the red eyes, the gurgling.They said I was the one who killed my father. No one saw what he was going to do to me. No one else saw the knife in his hands. Only the “thing” saw it and it rescued me. 

 

They didn't even question the bite marks all over his body. So here I am 8 years old and stuck in a mental ward "diagnosed" with schizophrenia.

 

They think I thought someone was out to get me on the night my father died. They told me I was being paranoid and attacked my father. My mom easily influenced by the doctors agreed I was acting jittery and "wild" some days before the incident happened. Not even she, my own mom believed me;but then again she doesn't consider me her daughter anymore, not after what happened. Her eyes hold so much hatred towards me now.

 

"Miss.Lee" Dr.Hoang's voice snapped me back to reality.

 

"...Yes?" my voice felt so foreign to me. It sounded so faint and weak. It was barley above a whisper.

 

"Why did you do it?" she cautiously asked

 

"Ha..ha.hahaha" I couldn't contain my laughter. After these four years they are still asking me this ridiculous question?

 

"You tell me doctor... Why would a four year old want to kill her daddy?" I asked with a smile.

 

Her face quickly became grim. I don't blame her though, this was my third doctor that was assigned to me. All the others had given up on me.

 

"We don't have to talk now if you don't want to sweetie" she gently put her palm on top of mine "take her away" she smiled.

 

I was quickly lifted off my chair and pushed not too gently toward to door by two big men. They led me to my room. It was plain and simple. My room contained one bed, a small desk that also held drawers with my clothes and a medium sized window with bars that currently showed it was night. I was tired and sick of it. I just want to go home.

 

"Awwwwooooo"

 

My head snapped towards the window. A small smile made its way up to my face as I saw the mark on my wrist glow.

 

He was here.

 

-----------

 

 

Who should be the first wolf?:D