Chapter 19

Caught In An Arranged Marriage

Chunji POV

 

 

I feel so weak and aching all over my body. Slowly I open my eyes trying to adjust with the brightness of the room. The last thing that I remember is I was pushed inside the operation room and then everything was blank.  I want to know whether my baby is safe or not. I look to my right and see Byunghun is sleeping with his head on the bed while sitting on the chair. His finger is intertwining with mine. I smile at the sight.

“B..Byunggie…,” I grasp his finger tighter to wake him up. My voice croak a bit while calling him.

“Huh…what? Channie!,” He still sleepy when he awaken but when he see me call him his eyes widen.

“Hi,” I greet him.

“Thank goodness you finally wake up,” He hugs me tightly. I shriek in pain when he does that.

“You hurting me,” I groan when his hand contact with my tummy.

“I’m sorry. I’m just too happy to see you finally wake up,” He release his hold and apologise to me. I just smile warmly at him. I know he was too happy seeing I’m already awake.

“H..how long did I sleep?,” I ask him.

“Hmm.. almost a week. You left me alone too long,” He pouting at me. I just chuckle weakly at his action.

“I’m sorry. W..where is our baby?,” I ask him.

“He is still in the incubator. The doctor didn’t let us to hold him yet because he still weak,” He say.

“Ouh.. then can we go see him?,” I really hope that I can watch my baby today.

“Sure.. but I don’t think the doctor letting you to walk right now. Your wound is still new plus you also still weak,” He explains to me.

“B..but I want to see our baby,” I pouting and making some aegyo to persuade him to take me.

“I also want to watch the baby with you but we must obey the doctor order. Let me give you see his picture that I have taken,” He pulled out his phone and search our baby picture in the photo gallery.

“You took the pictures? Let me see it,” I’m curious to know how our baby look alike.

“Here. This on the first day he was born,” He show me the picture.

“Aww.. he looks so small. I can’t believe that he was inside my tummy for almost nine month,” I smile in adoration looking at the picture.

“This pictures is when he three days. Look at his face. I think he resemble me too much,” Byunghun chuckle but he is right about it. Our baby look a lot like his face.

“Hmm.. you’re right. His face is look like you. How could he inherit you so much? I also want him to inherit my features,” I pout.

“Is my baby Channie here is jealous? Come on.. don’t be like that. It must because you love to see my face too much until he inherit mine,” He pinch my cheek.

“Pfft.. who is love to see your face? I do not,” I slap away his hand and rubbed my cheek.

“Don’t try to lie to me Channie. I know you love it,” He smirk at me.

“Yah!,” I try to hit him but fail because he avoid it.

“I love you,” He quickly kiss me to quite me down.

“I love you too,” I reply with blush face.

“Thanks Channie for giving me opportunity to become a father. It means a lot to me,” He links his finger with me again.

“Thanks to you too because you make me pregnant,” I reply.

“That’s so sweet of you,” He smirks naughtily. I know he must be thinking of something else. Something that is ert.

“Has mom and dad come here?,” I ask him to change the topic.

“Yeah. But they have gone back since it was late night already. Both of our parents really love to see our baby. They keep saying how he looks so cute,”

“Of course he will be cute. It was our son. Byunggie.. what should we name him?,”

“Hmm.. I’ve been thinking about this while you were sleep. How about Lee Ji Hu?,” Byunghun suggest.

“Lee Ji Hu?,” It seems like a good name.

“Yeah. Do you like that name?,” He ask me.

“Umm.. it sounds good. I like it,” I agree with the name.

We spent that day by talking with each other. Byunghun keep saying how he was worry and anxious all the time while I was being operated. I feel a bit disappointed because I cannot see my baby with my own eyes. I want to cradle him in my own arms. After nine month having him inside my tummy I want to hold him.

 

------

 

 

Almost a week has passed and my wound slowly heals. I can stand up and walking by now but not too fast. The doctor doesn’t want the wound to open up again. As soon as I get the permission to walk from the doctor I quickly usher Byunghun to take me see Ji Hu. I want to see him with my own eyes not though the pictures.

I stand outside the big window with the support from Byunghun. My legs seem cannot stand right on its own. I stare inside the rooms and find the baby with the tag Lee Ji Hu. When I find him my lips curving into a bright smile. He looks so small and fragile sleeping like that. I didn’t realize that my tears have drop from my eyes as I continue watching him. Byunghun realize that I have been crying and quickly sooth me.

“Hey.. don’t cry. What make you cry anyway?,” He ask me worriedly.

“I..it’s just that I happy to see him. He looks very beautiful,” I continue to watch Ji Hu.

“He is our precious little angel,” Byunghun hug me from behind and watching our baby together.

“He looks small and fragile. It makes me want to protect him from anything,”

“Of course we will take a good care of him. I promise,” Byunghun promise to me.

“When the doctors allow us to carry him? I want to cradle him so badly,” I shift my body to look at Byunghun face.

“Hmm.. I’ve speak with the doctor and he say that in a few more weeks. They need to monitor his health first,” He understands that I really want to hold Ji Hu.

“Forgive omma . I give birth to you too early,” I turn to look at Ji Hu again.

“Don’t say it like that. I’m sure he was that cannot wait to meet us. Look at him. He comes out two weeks early than he was supposed to,” Byunghun say to calm me.

“I’m glad that there is nothing dangerous happen to our son,”

 

------

 

The day I waiting for its anticipation has come. Today the doctor has given us the permission to bring Ji Hu home. I cannot wait until we reach the hospital to pick him up. The first things I want to do are kiss all over his face and cuddle him in my arm. I have wanted to do that since the day I woke up from the coma.

Both of our parent accompany us to celebrate the day Ji Hu is allow to go home. Although I keep telling them to not come but they insist.  They say that their grandchild is the most important thing right now. I chuckle thinking how big their love toward Ji Hu. Once we arrive I drag Byunghun quickly with me which make him whining. But I could care less about that. Ji Hu is more important right now.

“Yah Channie! Slow down your step. Our baby will not going anywhere,” Byunghun say after he catching up with me.

“But I cannot wait to meet him. It’s been two days since I see him,” I pout at Byunghun. I miss Ji Hu so much.

“I also miss him but there is no need to rushing over it. He will be coming home with us today,” Byunghun try to reason me.

“That’s why I need to see him quick. I want to bring Ji Hu home as fast as possible,” Byunghun could only sigh at my childish behaviour.

“Sometimes I wonder how you would take care of our son if you still this childish,” Byunghun suddenly say.

“Yah! I’m not childish and I can be a good mother,” I snap at him because he says that.

“See! You get upset easily over small matter,” He whines at me.

“Now is not the time to question about my capability to take care of our son. We must quickly meet our son,” I mad at him but I need to see Ji Hu now.

“Alright alright.. let’s go,” Byunghun just follow my words.

When we arrive at the babies’ room I was jumping happily at the thought of Ji Hu coming home with us. My mom also joins the happy new with me. We were practically laughing and jumping around like some crazy people right now. Byunghun could only sigh and mutter something about the similarity of my behaviour with my mom.

After signing some document I finally could hold in my arm. I was frozen at the spot when Ji Hu is in my arm. I cannot believe it that this is my baby. He was sleeping peacefully in my arm. I lean down and plant a soft kiss on his forehead. His skin is so soft, white and beautiful. It was like if I was being rough with him he will be break.

“Byunggie.. look at him,” I whisper to Byunghun.

“He sleeps well in your arm,” Byunghun come closer to me.

“Omo Chanhee.. he is so cute,” My mom squel.

“Of course! He is as cute as me,” I laugh.

“Let’s go home now. We must let him get used to our home,” Byunghun say.

“You will stay at mom house first right?,” My mom suddenly ask.

“Yeah. Channie should learn first how to handle a baby with you mom,” Byunghun answer my mom. We already decide to stay a few weeks at my mom house until I can handle Ji Hu by myself.

 

 

 

Do drop comment and subscribing! hehe... xD