Growling in the Shadow [Tao/ Huang ZItao]

❤ Hyoyeon's one shot collection ❤ by fanficholic☺

Have you ever have the fear that you felt like you were watch? Yet, nothing is there. You felt something is looking at you. deeply, observing? Yet, pitch black was all there is to it. Have you? If you haven't, I might say you live a normal life. But for me? I have to live with the fear of being near to the dark. As if, something could snatch me away in an instant, I'm Kim Hyoyeon and it all happen during college year. 

------------------------------------------

"Kim Hyoyeon, I'm sure you'll finish your work before the holidays. Since you are one of my excelling students in my class and that goes to all of you in this class too. I repeat every single one of you, don't disappoint me" as Miss Janice told the class. Groans and sighs were heard, as Miss Janice glared at everyone. She took deep breath and gestured us to leave class. It was our cue to get our out of the class before she dismiss us on 6pm. It was Physic class, numbers, formulas, everything was mixed and mashed around. Theory, science and yet non has the answer the fear I'm encountering. It was all so blur, even to myself. It felt harsh, very harsh. 

"So Hyoyeon, you wanna join me tonight?" I sighed and slams my locker for a couple of times before it could close for the better.

"Jessica, you know I can't and well mom prefers me being at home. You know my mom"

"I know your mom Hyo" Sica said in a sarcastic tone, I sighed harder.

"I know you cared for me Sica, but I have to live up to my mom's expectation"

"Come on Hyo, one party won't hurt no one. Well look at me? I party a lot to be honest, yet I'm still keeping my grade the way it is and still maintains my flawless beauty" Sica swings her hair. I giggled a little before making up my mind.

"Sure, I'll try ask mom"

"I expect no canceling last minute Hyo, you know I hate it"

"Yup, I know"

------------------------

As I stood in front of my house, I took deep breath before gaining the courage to just go in and ask mom.

"Keep it cool Hyo, just say you're having a mini party with Sica and leave her Sica's phone number. Simple right? It's not like Physic's class or Chemistry" Hyoyeon mumbled before entering her house. 

"Mom? I'm home" Hyoyeon screamed around.

"I'm here" Hyoyeon lead herself to the kitchen and sat on one of the kitchen stool. 

"Well, it seems like you have something to say or ask. Since you sat on the wanting-something-stool" Hyoyeon's mom stopped from cutting some vegetables and sat on one of the stool, just the opposite of Hyoyeon.

"Well, Sica invited me to her mini party and I was hoping you would let me go?" Hyoyeon's mom paused before taking a deep breath. 

"Hyoyeon, you know I don't want you wondering around at night, right?" Hyoyeon's mom grasps on Hyoyeon's right hand.

"Please mom? It was just a present from Sica. Since my birthday is coming up right? She's just doing an advance celebration for me. Please, please, please?" Hyoyeon begged with both of her palms joined and puppy eyes. Hyoyeon's mom thinks really hard.

"I'm not sure honey" Hyoyeon slumps both of her hands to her side and looked at her mom sadly. 

"Just once? I'v always obey you and helped you. Living up to your expectation and just this once mom. Just this once" Hyoyeon rests her chin on the kitchen bar. Hyoyeon's mom, again though for a while.

"I'm so going to regret this" Hyoyeon cheered and hugged her mom tightly before dashing upstairs, packing her clothes. Stuffing them randomly in her gym bag and dashed back downstairs. 

"Thanks mom! I love you!" Hyoyeon kisses her mom a couple of time before leaving. Jessica was waiting in the car as Hyoyeon jumped in, since Sica leaves her car roofless. They drove off in a second, Sica's house was located around the seaside. Making their journey quiet long.

"That took you for ages"

"Well, I lied a little"

"Oh, no Kim Hyoyeon. You don't lie, if they found out, would get more problem that you should"

"But, it was the only way?"

"Well, depends on your lie. What did you say?"

"Well, I said it was an advance birthday present from you"

"And?"

"It was a mini party at your place?"

"Hyoyeon, I might have to give you some lesson in lying you know. I don't do mini parties"

"I know, but mom doesn't"

"You better thank God for that"

---------------------------------------

"Sica, where are we going anyway?" as Hyoyeon sat on Jessica's bed with only a towel wrapping around her body. Sica did her hair and came out with her robe, gesturing Hyoyeon to come near her walk in closet. While Jessica was picking dresses, they had their conversation.

"Well, I found this place. 'Club UnderGround' and it seems cool. I did tried to enter first, but they won't let me, they said they have rules around the place"

"What sort of rules?" Hyoyeon curiously asked Jessica as Sica picked a plain white dress for Hyoyeon and a black one for herself. As they change into their dress, Jessica continued her conversation with Hyoyeon.

"Well, to bring one of your friend whose born on September and to appeal with fresh coated blood. I did tried one of my friend whose just faking her birthday, but we couldn't. So I though it might be you"

"I get the born of September, but 'to appeal with fresh coated blood'? What's that suppose to mean?" Hyoyeon curiously look at Sica, as Sica paused for a moment and shrugged her shoulders. Making Hyoyeon leaving the riddle the way it is. Jessica helped Hyoyeon on her hair and make up, Jessica make sure Hyoyeon to wore less make up and irons Hyoyeon's hair straight. 

"We're ready, let's go" as Hyoyeon stood up and hugged Jessica as a thank you sign. Jessica patted her back lightly and they go into Sica's car. They both drove off to the main city and stopped at a silent ghost town road. The only sound that filled the town was the club itself. Jessica approach the bouncer, the bouncer looked at Jessica and waited. Jessica walks towards Hyoyeon and pulls her nearing the bouncer. The bouncer nods and made way for both of them. Jessica was so normal with everything, Hyoyeon felt weird. As if the eyes of each pair was greeting her. Some were red, some were white and some were just pitch black. Hyoyeon, being her usual self, frighten, she approach Jessica and held on Jessica's right wrist. 

"Sica, I'm scared" Hyoyeon whined. Jessica lifts her right hand and wiggles Hyoyeon's grasp on her wrist. Hyoyeon lets go as Jessica walks away, drowning herself in the sea of people on the dance floor. Lost, unknowing what to do. Hyoyeon decided to hit the bar, sat on one of the stool. The bartender approach her.

"Can I help you with anything? Lovely lady?"

"No, I'm good" the bartender lifts his eyebrows, confused but smiled later on.

"Ok, it's on the house. What you want?" Hyoyeon smiles at the bartender's generousity, but she shakes her head this time. 

"I don't drink"

"Well, what are you doing here then?"

"I'm just accompanying my friend"

"Wild friend you got there"

"I know, but she's nice"

"Well, how bout I suggest you to take this shot. Here you go and then go hit the dance floor? Sounds good?" the bartender prepared a shot of vokda for Hyoyeon and himself. Hyoyeon hesitated a moment.

"It's on the house?"

"Yup. Cheers." Hyoyeon pick up the shot and drank it in one go. Hyoyeon took a deep breath before heading towards the dance floor. Eyes was on her,  but she tried her best to ignored them. The effect of the drink starts to linger around her, she danced around. Before someone joined her dancing. Hyoyeon placed her hands around his neck, before Hyoyeon could remember anything. She's knocked out.

-----------------------------

Hyoyeon woke up with a feeling as if a bomb just landed to her head, slowly she sits up. rubbing the sides of her forehead. She exhaled hard, before feeling someone moved around beside her. Hyoyeon looked at the person in shock. She looks down, thanked God for her underwears is still on. Hyoyeon though hard before slowly standing up, wanting to use the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" the guy on the bed voiced out. 

"Oh, your awake. Emm, I was just going to the bathroom" the guys stood up and looked at Hyoyeon. He has only his boxers, making Hyoyeon blushed a little. Hyoyeon turns around and entered the bathroom. Hyoyeon was about the close the door before the guy slams his palm on the bathroom door.

"We can share? Saves much more time" the tall structured guy enters the bathroom. Took off his boxers and starts to shower. Hyoyeon in shock, looked away before slowly heading towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Outside?"

"You come here and help me wash my hair"

"Emm, no. I'm leaving" Hyoyeon was about to walk out before the door slams. Locking itself, making Hyoyeon eyes grew larger. 

"What did you say?" the guy looked at Hyoyeon, as the water was running on his body.

"Nothing" Hyoyeon, knowing what it sounds like. It was a threat, Hyoyeon stood still while rubbing her arm.

"Come here" Hyoyeon though for a moment. She was in a daze, watching the floor. Praying it was just a dream. 

"I said, come right?" the guy stare into Hyoyeon's eyes before slowly feeling herself got pulled. She did try to stop her steps, but it was like magnetic force pulling her body. Slowly, she was infront of the guy. 

"Wash my hair" as Hyoyeon stood infront of him, Hyoyeon tip toed. Trying to wash his hair. He sighed and kneeled in front of Hyo. As she slowly washing his hair, he stood up and rised it on the shower and then left. Without any towel. Hyoyeon proceed to take off her underwears then take a shower and change into her last night's dress. 

"I'm leaving, you can stay if you want to" the guy is in a tuxedo now, fixing his hair then slides his phone into his pocket along his wallet then left the place. Hyoyeon was blur for a moment, then she left the condominium after a good 10 minutes of blurring herself.

---------------------

"Mom, I'm home" Hyoyeon screamed around, she sighs hard. Maybe her mom is at her work place. She jogged up stairs and charged her phone. As her phone regain it's battery, floods of messages and missed calls came from Jessica. Asking her where is she? Is she alright. Hyoyeon decides to call Jessica. But just to get into her voice mail. Hyoyeon exhaled hard, then she just decides to gave her a voicemail.

"Hey, Sica. It's me, Hyo. I'm fine, I'm at my house now. Don't worry, nothing lost or found. Weell, se you in class tomorrow, bye" Hyoyeon turns off her phone before changing her clothes then continues her sleep. She woke up around 10 in the night, with a stick note on her forehead. She reads it and sighs. 

'Hyoyeon honey, you seemed tired. So I let you continue your slumber, I'll be having my bussiness trip to London tonight. It's for 3 months, I know you've been through this situation. So, I'm counting on you to just take good care of yourself. Tomorrow would be your last day in school before the next semester right? Have a nice day and please be careful. Love you - MOM'

"Great, dinner alone for the rest 3 months" Hyoyeon headed down to found some dinner was left for her from her mom. She eats them alone on the dining table. She was looking around before she felt as if a pair of eyes was staring at her around the dark corner. She simply shrugs it off. She washed the dishes and prepare herself for tomorrows class, finishing her assignment from Miss Janice like crazy. For a moment, she regreted following Sica to the club. If she didn't follow Sica, she would finish them earlier. Again, she felt as if someone was looking at her from behind. For a moment, she gained the courage to look back. She looked around to see nothing is there. She shrugs it off again. Then she headed towards her bed, even with her eyes closed, she kept feeling as if someone was watching her. She shuts her eyes hard, before drifting to slumber land. 

-----------------------

It's been 1 month for Hyoyeon living as if she's been watched. She did ignores them, before as some point, it's actually haunting her in her dreams. She tried to find alternative choices, such that she takes calming pills, sleeping pills and just distract herself by going to clubs and bars. It eventually hits her, around 1 month after being at Club Underground. She did express her problem too Jessica, but it seems Jessica was not taking anything she says seriously, they starts to drift apart from each other. She was busy thinking a way, before something dings in her mind. She felt as if it's the only way, she decided to go into the core of the source. Club Underground.

---------------------

Hyoyeon simply wore a skinny jeans and a tank top. She approaches the club bouncer, the bouncer simply lets her in. She didn't want to know why, she's going to solve this fear. She hits the bar, as the bartender approaches her.

"How can I help you?"

"No, I'm good"

"Anything on the house"

"Coke"

"Really?"

"Your not knocking my sense out this time, bye" Hyoyeon knew something was up, she hits the dance floor, simply pushing anyone aside before she could get to the toilet. Before she could even walk towards the toilet, she felt someone pulls her wrist. She looked at the person, it was the person before.

"Lets leave, you might send someone go crazy later" Hyoyeon confused, she followed the guy out of the club. In to his car.

"Get in" he harshly shoves Hyoyeon into his car and slams the door.

"Would you be nice a little bit, it hurts you know" Hyoyeon rubs her wrist before setting her eys on the road.

"You don't walk around like that, something could go crazy. It's bad, this is bad" as the guy told Hyoyeon, while looking at the moon. Hyoyeon, angered, why is he doing what he want's with her?

"Would you mind explain me the craps you're talking and what is your name anyway"

"Tao, your the September's daugther. Your timing would determine by the moon" Tao, still looking at the moon, while driving. 

"Would you just focus on the road? And I don't get anything your saying"

"Don't worry, I know what will happen" Tao drove off fast at they reach his condominium. Tao pulls Hyoyeon off the car and quickly pushes her into the room. Tao lock Hyoyeon in his room. He was outside.

"What are you doing? Open the door" Hyoyeon bangs the door, trying to twist the doorknob a couple of times. 

"I'm protecting you. Your scent is too strong, I might unable to handle it" before Hyoyeon wanted to ask more, she heard growls, screams, in pain. Hyoyeon couldn't do anything, she waited. Before the door knob unlocks itself. Hyoyeon slowly opens the door, to be greated by a pile of blood, a pile of sticky bloods. She was shocked, but all she could think of was Tao.

"Tao?" she hears a groan around the kitchen area. She quickly walk over and pickes him up.

"Come on, I'll treat you. Aid kit" Tao shakes his head, telling her there is not. Hyoyeon lay him on his bed.

"I'll go buy some" quickly, Tao held her wrist, shaking his head again. Mouthed dangerous. Hyoyeon nods in understanding. Hyoyeon nods as an understanding sign, she then take a towel with warm water and starts to clean up Tao. 

"Tao? Are you okay now?"

"Yes, I'm good. I'm used to it"

"Can you tell me why am I feeling as if I've been watch?" Tao sits up straight and sighs. 

"You are the September's daughter, you were born to seduce not earthlings but underworld creatures. I'm one of them, You scent increases it's seductiveness based by the moon. If the moon is full, I'm not sure if I could even endure. You scent would seduce creatures to have you. Your blood itself, would bring fortune to our generations and having a child with you would born an immortal child. But that's what some of us fear the most, having an immortal child would bring us different lives, if the child is good. Peace would exist between the two world, but if the child bares a cruel mind. Chaos would occur between two world. You are the daughter of September" Hyoyeon, unable to process all of those in her mind. She sighs and continues to cure Tao.Tao looks at the moon before standing up. 

"It will be the full moon within 15 minutes. Please do not open the door, even if I begged Hyo.Promise" Hyoyeon nods in understanding, before locking the room. Whatever happens behind the door will remain a history to Hyoyeon. What would the future hold for Hyoyeon? What will happen to Tao? All sorts of question came up. Before a knock on the door, suprises Hyoyeon.

"Hyoyeon-ah, open the door" Hyoyeon looked at the moon, it was full.

"You said not to"

"Come on, open it. I'm fine, you can open it" Hyoyeon hesitated before opening the door for real. Stood in front of her was Tao. But with the eyes which reads hunger, Hyoyeon shivers before Tao approaches her. 

"You should have hear what you mom says about monsters, they exists. They are like me"

--------------------------------

Supp all! This is a HyoTao special chapter and I hope everyone eonjoyed this one. I have an obsess on HyoExo couples. I would try to think a way to cure it, to sereve already -,- Well, a forever a mysterious and hanging story. Byee everyone - fanficholic, PEACE ~ **Sorry for any typo's, okay?