Pretty Face

I DON'T BELIEVE IN LOVE

 

Poor Sungmin. He’s in detention room right now… suffering with all those troublemakers.

I’m not rejoicing that he’s there, but it’s his fault. Lately he keeps on spacing out, like he has a little world on his own. He never tells me what’s going on in his mind. I wish he could just tell me and maybe I could help out.

 

But I can’t really blame him on that aspect. I’ve got problems on my own as well. I want to talk to him and open up to him but I’m afraid he might just laugh at my main problem…

I’M TOO PRETTY.

 

“Mr. Kim!” I turn around to see who called me.

“Yes, Mr.Choi?” I innocently asked.

“Why are you still here?” he walked towards me.

“Just fixing up my things, sir.” I said as I pretended to shuffle the books inside my locker.

“Your locker has more pictures of yourself than books…” he commented

“It’s because they’re more pleasant in the eyes, Mr.Choi.” I laughed and winked at him.

“Here,” he handed me something “maybe you can add this to your population of books there.”

“A Bible?” I skeptically asked as I held the book by the corners.

“So that you can review for my pop quizzes” he smiled at me “and please hold it gently. It’s not going to burn you, Mr.Kim.”

“Sir, it’s starting to poke holes on my fingers…” I seriously replied “can’t you smell my burning precious skin?”

“Just keep it Heechul” he looked quite pissed “and try to be active during my class.”

“Bye sir!” I waved at him as he walked away and dumped the book inside my locker.

 

And there, I saw it again… my pretty face reflected on the mirror that I glued on my locker door.  Sungmin would really laugh at me when I go to his room one day and say “Sungmin-ah, please help me. I’ve been constantly bothered and troubled because of the extreme prettiness and godly aura that I possess. It’s not my fault! I didn’t ask to be born this way! It’s just that—“

I stopped myself from imagining more about that complain because it sounded pathetic already.

Being a guy, it’s indeed hard to be beautiful.

Let’s take Mr.Choi for example. Now he’s a guy who’s already content with his looks. He’s got that manly jaw and facial features added by deep dimples on both cheeks.

I often stare at him and even call him “yummy” because I envy his looks… and that resulted in plump pumpkin to always accuse me of having a crush on Mr.Choi.

Don’t get me wrong… I love my looks. The problem is that, girl tend to get insecure because if ever I go out on a date with a girl, we’re both sure that I’ll look prettier no matter what she does. And I’ve got problems interacting with guys as well. They avoid me. They don’t accept me because I look like a girl! Just listen to my voice, especially when I’m all irritated and war-freak, and you’ll know how much of a guy I am!

Enough of this drama. I’ll just go to the bathroom and then head home. My crazy cat, Heebum, must be feeling lonely already.

 

I made my way to the bathroom and stared at my face in the mirror again. I washed my hands and fixed my perfect hair.

“H-hello?” suddenly came a voice from one of the cubicles “is someone there?”

I didn’t respond and continued to admire my beauty after all my drama.

“I heard the door…” the stranger said again “and I hear the faucet…”

What’s his problem? Why can’t he just finish up and leave?

“Please talk to me…” he begged

“What’s your problem, kid?” I finally asked.

“OH THANK HEAVENS!!” he exclaimed “Please don’t leave yet and wait for me…”

“I don’t even know you.” I said and prepared to leave.

“DON’T LEAVE YET! I’M ALMOST DONE!!”

I glimpsed at my watch and mentally gave the kid half a minute to get out and explain what his problem is.

“THANK YOU!” he went out from the cubicle and jumped around “my classmates left me and I’ve been there for twenty minutes, holding back—“

“Just stop,” I said “I don’t know what’s wrong with you but I can tell you’re having some issues in being alone…”

“Precisely!” he happily said.

This kid is weird. But he’s cute. He’s also scary… but I think he’s really nice and fun to be with.

“I’m Donghae, by the way,” he held out his hand “Lee Donghae!”

“Kim Heechul,” I said, not taking his hand because I just washed my hands on the sink “you can just call me Heenim.”

 

Donghae ran to his locker after that and asked me if we could leave the school together. He’s one heck of a dependent person. I wonder why he doesn’t have a best friend that he could drag around everywhere.

Headphones plugged in and hands in my pocket, I casually walked behind the jumpy Donghae.

We passed by the detention room and I had to restrain a loud laugh when I saw my chubby cow cousin there focused on his writing.

PSSST!

I called out to Sungmin.

He didn’t look up.

PPSSSST!

Instead of the cow, the one sitting next to him was the one who looked up. He then flashed a gummy smile.

“He’s handsome!” Donghae suddenly said to me.

I looked at Donghae then back at the boy with the gummy smile.

They were smiling oddly at each other…

 

Hmmm would someone ever smile at me like that?