Weekend Camp-Out

I DON'T BELIEVE IN LOVE

“Come on Min, let’s check if he found the right room,” I said after a few minutes.

Min agreed. Hangeng went to the kitchen to start off his fried rice and also to check how the pie was going. I and my cousin walked upstairs. We reached the study room and saw Donghae there… his face pressed against the huge aquarium. His eyes shot from each fish to another. I smirked when I saw Hyukjae in the same room. The monkey-boy stood at the other side of the aquarium. He smiled at Hae.

“Min,” Hae said with his face still pressed on the glass “can I have that handsome fish right there?” he pointed towards the smiling Hyuk.

“That’s not a fish, dummy.” I chuckled.

 

Hae’s eyes widened when Hyuk waved at him. He stood up and smiled shyly at the monkey-boy. They both looked stupidly shy and sweet.

“Hi there!” Hyuk walked towards Hae “I’m Hyukjae!”

“I’m Donghae!” the fishy replied and they shook hands.

If we weren’t there, I was sure they would hug each other dramatically.

“Hey can we camp here for the weekend?” Hangeng suddenly said. I didn’t notice that he went upstairs after us.

“Sure!” I happily replied.

“Who’s house is this?” Min pouted.

“Yours, my dear cousin,” I patted his cheek “we can camp for the weekend right?”

“Oh alright,” he agreed.

Hangeng high-fived me. Oh these blasted butterflies, if only I could digest them all! After a while I smelled something nasty.

“Hey Minnie…” Kyu went upstairs holding a huge pie using both hands “how do you turn off the oven again?”

We all looked at the pie he was holding… and it was nearly burnt. Compared to my ramen, this one looked edible enough, but it still smelled bad. Min shook his head but he was still smiling at Kyu.

 

That afternoon, Hangeng stayed in the kitchen. I watched as he cooked my all-time favorite Beijing fried rice. He was teaching me how to do it but I was only half-paying attention. Oh that smile and laugh!

“It’s fairly easy, right?” he said after throwing in the last spices.

“Oh yeah!” I enthusiastically nodded and pretended that I got it.

“So, you’ll cook next time?” he eagerly asked while mixing the rice.

“Uhm, you know it might taste different if I do it…” I pulled out a cutie face “and besides, the only fried rice I’ll eat happily is the one you cooked!”

Hangeng shyly smiled and simply shook his head.

I excused myself for a while to go to the bathroom. I had the feeling that my hair needs a little retouch. I walked by the receiving area and saw Kyu setting up the game consoles that Min owned. My cousin bought lots of game consoles and controllers but never got the time to use them. Now he looked really excited while Kyu told him about the cool games he loved to play.

“You really played all of those?” Min asked.

“I finished them all in less than a month,” Kyu boasted “this one’s really easy. No challenge at all!”

“I’ve read reviews about this!” Min complained “everyone said it’s impossible to finish!”

“Bunch of babies,” Kyu smirked “hey, have you played Starcraft before?”

“What’s that?”

“You don’t know Starcraft!?” Kyu asked as if it was a great religious offense or something.

“I don’t play games…” my cousin pouted.

“I’ll teach you Pumpkin Pie,” Kyu pinched Min’s cheek “then we’ll play.”

“The winner gets a kiss,” I butted in.

Min frowned at me but his cheeks burned red. Kyu nodded with a smirk.

“I can’t wait for my second ki—“ Kyu started to say but Min threw a small pillow at him from the couch.

“Ooooh pillow fight!!” Donghae and Hyukjae suddenly appeared, grabbed the other pillows then started to throw at each other. Kyu picked up the pillow that Min threw at him and threw it back to my cousin. I remained a few steps away from the racket… when suddenly a pillow hit the back of my head.

“HEY!” I shouted and looked behind.

Hangeng was standing a few paces from my back and he was holding another pillow aimed at me. In an instant, I grabbed the nearest one and threw it towards him. We all started to hit each other and at the same time run away from the flying pillows.

“Ow you hit my eye!” Hae whined when Hyuk threw a small pillow towards his face.

“I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry!” Hyuk ran straight to Hae and apologized.

“GOTCHA!” Hae shouted and hit Hyuk with a huge pillow the instant he got there. Hae ran around like a kid and bumped us all.

 

The neat receiving area turned into a huge trash bin. Pillows scattered everywhere. Ceramics and other expensive things were destroyed on the floor. The newspapers and other books were torn apart because we used them as shield. The only stuff that we didn’t wreck are the tv, sofa, and the center table. The rest are for disposal.

“Okay, the room’s ruined…” Min said as we all looked around “what should we do for tonight?”

“I know!” I excitedly said “let’s watch a horror movie!!!”

 



So there's my lame update o_O apologies dearest readers...

I hope I somehow gave justice to three OTPs at the same time.

 

And I ruined the pattern of our updates here.

Starting from here, the even numbered chapters belong to Pumpkinita and the odd numbered ones are mine :) Good night everyone! I hope you'll continue to support this fic! <3