Can't Stop

Arpeggio

It's been 5 hours into the schedule and there's 3 hours more, I wonder what's she doing right now? 

 

"Fany ah, why are you stoning here? Director Kim asked you to go over and film another cut for the shopping scene.",Jessica said coldly. She's been my manager for only the recent 3 months, but we're known each other since high school when I came over to Korea. We've been school mates and good friends but miraculously, she became my manager as well. The world is really small.

 

It's really cold today and it doesn't help that I'm wearing this really thin one-piece dress for the past 5 hours. Furthermore, I have to stroll along Myeongdong street for the street perspective of the shopping scene for the CF. What I would really want now, is a cup of hot chocolate. What I need, is a tight hug. Yuri could give me both if she's here right now. I don't know what's with me, but I can't stop thinking about her ever since yesterday night. The moment she fell on me, I can feel there's a huge urge gushing through my arteries. I've never felt like this in a long time ever since debut, what is that Yuri girl doing to me that I can't spend a minute not thinking about her?

 

The hours passed by unusually slow thanks to the merciless winter wind. By the time I'm done with my CF filming, it's already 5.30pm. Oh no it's supposed to end at 4pm. I felt to exhausted but at the same time, I can't wait to see her.

 

 

 

"So, it's great. Your filming's schedule is done. Up next, piano lessons with Yuri, right? I'll ask her to go to YT and let's head there now."

 

"No wait Jessi. Why not I have lessons at her apartment instead? The location's near Myeongdong, it's also safe from the media attention as well as the fans. Plus, you can call it a day now. I know it's been hard on you recently and you need some personal time to settle it. No worries Jess, you can count on Yuri to keep me safe."

 

"Are you sure about this? I mean, it's my job to take care of you. Plus, I don't want too much private time as of now."

 

"Yes Jessi, I'll be very safe. I understand your circumstances but look at you. What I meant by personal time, it's actually for you to rest and repay your sleep debt. Look at your panda eyes and sullen face. Please Jessi, you need to."

 

"Well, okay then. Just let me drive you to her apartment to make sure you're really safe."

 

"It's really fine, I have my own car! Listen to me, go rest, right N.O.W~"

 

"Wow look who's talking. I'm your manager , I should be saying that, not you."

 

"You're no manager, you're zombie Jung!"

 

"Damn you! Okay, I guess I should really head home and rest for awhile. See you later at 11pm for Chinchin's Radio recording."

 

"Yeah. Rest well Jessi!"

 

 

Well, Jessica recently broke up with Taeyeon, which is one of YT Entertainment's music producer. She previously produced Lost In Love and Because It's You for me. Which explains her cold facade, grumpy expression and sunken eyes. Pretty much a zombie I'd say. Their relationship was known throughout YT, from trainees to office staffs to securities, everyone knows about them as they were really obvious. However, it's unspoken and the reason why they broke up was unknown. I've asked Jessi about it but she'd always brush me off. It's a pity they aren't an item anymore, but I wish they'll find their respective happiness after some time. 

 

So, Jessica left and I'm stucked inside my car in a secluded parking lot. No one's around me so I'm pretty safe.

 

"Hey Yuri. I'm done with my schedule. Where are you now? Let's go to your house for lessons since it's nearer to me and there's less media attention, what do you say?"

 

"Mmm I'm currently at home with my family. We've just returned from our movie. Since it's Saturday, my mom will cook dinner here. But it won't be inconvenient as they'll be in the living room. I'll fetch you at the carpark okay?"

 

"Ahh how nice. Okay see you. I'll reach in say, 15 minutes?"

 

"Okay I'll get ready."

 

 

This is so nice. To have a home-cooked family dinner. I haven't had it in 9 years. I really missed my mom's traditional dubu jigae and my dad's cheesy burritos.

While reminiscing, I realised I've driven into the carpark of Yuri's apartment. The girl is wearing trackpants and wrapped in a fluffy coat, playing with her fingers and slightly shivering. I bet she haven't noticed my presence due to the distraction from the cold wind. This sight is so adorable. Planning to play a little prank with her, I honked twice. Yuri looked so surprised and her heard started turning around until she spotted me. She poked my hip when I got off the car. This little gesture does ignite the ticklish side of me. Urgh Kwon Yuri STOP IT.

 

"Your honks shocked me~ So, how was your filming today? Did it went well? And, why aren't we having lessons at YT instead? Where's Jessica?"'

 

"Stop Yuri stop. There're too many questions at one go. Okay first, it went pretty well despite the cold. Secondly, I prefer your place and thirdly, I asked her to take a rest."

 

"Oh I see. So..."

 

We entered Yuri's apartment. I saw a friendly looking ahjumma preparing dinner at Yuri's kitchen, an ahjussi watching the television and a guy that resembles Yuri playing his ipad. It's surely her family members.

 

"Appa, omma & oppa, this is Tiffany. She's my piano student. We'll be having lessons in my study room. Omma tell me when dinner's ready. Please prepare Tiffany's share too. Omma please make the seafood soup less spicy as Tiffany can't take spice, thank you."

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo Yuri omma, Yuri appa & Yuri oppa. I am Tiffany. Nice to meet you. And ahjumma, thank you for the food."

 

 

They all returned my greetings with a cheery 'You're welcome'/'Enjoy your stay'/'Please play the piano well'. So sincere, so warm. It feels just like home.

 

 

"Urm Yuri, since when I can't tolerate spicy food? I don't recall telling you that."

 

"Ahh. It's just, not good for your throat. You're a singer, your voice is your pride. Please take good care of it~"

 

What can I say, she's just so thoughtful. I can't help but smiled when she mentioned that.

We spent the time learning and memorizing the improvised chord progression for Lost In Love. The other songs will be easier to learn as I'm going to sing along with it, so it's only going to be the bass segment. However for Lost In Love, I need to play the entire song. So, we started of with learning this song. I feel like my fingers are so not flexible and to the point of breaking as it is really difficult to transit from chord to chord. Yuri's patience is definitely motivating. She's never gotten frustrated despite my repeated mistakes when playing. She repeatedly demonstrated and I simply can't stop staring at her eyes whenever she's playing the piano with 200% concentration. So attractive, so passionate. Wait, I totally got side-tracked. 

 

 

*knock knock*

 

"Girls, dinner is ready!", Yuri's omma said from outside the room.

 

"Yes omma, we'll be out in a while."

 

"Tiffany, don't go too hard with yourself. Know that I'll always be here to guide you through. I know the start is really difficult but I'm sure you'll do well. Come, let's take a break and grab some dinner."

 

I nodded at Yuri and she patted my arm to encourage me.

 

We went out to the dining room and enjoyed the lovely dinner prepared by Yuri's mom. The table consists of seafood soup, chives pancake, kimchi fried rice and bossam. Seasame leaves, gochuchang sauces and kimchi are at the counter beside the table. I thank Yuri's family for the food and took small portions of them. The food cooked by Yuri's omma tastes so flavourful and fragrant. We all shared a great conversation after the dinner while having tangerines prepared by Yuri's oppa. I've never felt such feeling in a long long time. A fuzzy and cozy feeling evoked by interactions with families. Even a simple dinner and conversation made me so happy. I've missed such genuine interactions with people, really.

 

 

----------------------------------------

Tiffany's POV y'all~ :)

 

On a side note, I'll be meeting the girls in a few days time! I definitely pray it's going to be OT9!