I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

The Music In Me: MinYul One Shots

 

This one shot was requested by AdifaSince1495

 

Aerosmith: I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~

 

Minho smiled at the girl next to him.

He watched carefully as her hair flew with the wind.

Her eyes were closed and she was just enjoying the moment.

“Wae?” Yuri asked as she stared at Minho who was already staring at her.

“You’re gorgeous Yul.” He praised.

“I know!” she playfully pushed him but Minho lost balance causing him to fall out of the speeding boat.

 

“YAAAH!” Minho screamed as he waved his hands up in the air.

Yuri laughed hysterically before telling the driver that Minho fell.

“O..M..O! YO-OU SHOULD H-H-HAVE SE-E-E-N YO-O-U-R F-A-A-CE!”

Minho glared at Yuri who was still laughing as he wrapped a towel around himself shivering from the cold water and wind.

 

He decided to give her the silent treatment until they reached the hotel.

“Ehh! Are you still gonna ignore me?” Yuri asked as she sat on their bed.

Minho ignored her and continued unpacking.

“You’re still gonna ignore me even though we only have a few weeks left together?” she pouted.

Minho dropped the clothes he was holding, looked up in the ceiling with his eyes closed as he let out a big sigh.

“Please don’t bring that up Yuri.” He held the bridge of his nose.

Yuri played with her fingers “It’s true though.”

“I told you not to bring it up! How many times do I have to keep telling you?” Minho finally looked at her with his eyes watery.

 

Yuri bit her bottom lip as she tried not to let her tear escape.

Seeing Minho like that hurts her and knowing that she’s the reason behind it breaks her heart.

 

“Mianhe…” she stood up and pulled him in for a hug. He embraced her so tightly, not wanting to let go.

“It’s ok. Just, don’t bring it up.” He reminded.

“Ne.” Yuri whispered.

 

~That night~

 

“C’mon, get in! The water feels amazing!” Minho signaled Yuri as he waited for her to get in the Jacuzzi.

“Careful…” he helped her get in carefully and soon they were splashing each other with water and one thing led to another (and no you erted people, nothing HAPPENED between them) and they decided to go to bed.

 

Yuri was sleeping peacefully, facing Minho who was her hair.

He watched her whole feature, studying it carefully.

Minho closed his eyes for a while.

 

“Minho yah… I need to talk to you.” Yuri called Minho out of the restaurant where he and all their friends were having dinner.

“Um sure.” Minho excused himself as he and Yuri went out.

“What’s up jagiya?” he asked. “You’re not breaking up with me now, are you?” he tried to joke but Yuri didn’t show any emotion.

 

“I got my result from the hospital…” she handed him an envelope.

Minho stared at it for a while before taking it away from her hands.

 

I am sorry to inform you that you are confirmed to have Lung Cancer.

I’m afraid it’s too late to cure it as it is in its final stage.

My advice would be to spend your last year wisely and make wonderful memories while you still can.

 

Yuri was looking at the ground, not wanting to see Minho’s reaction.

“Andwae. There must be a mistake.” Minho shook his head as he dropped the envelope on the floor.

“Andwae… andwae.” Minho kept repeating it to himself.

 

Tears were already falling down Yuri’s cheeks.

Minho held on to his hair before walking away to his care leaving Yuri there.

 

Minho opened his eyes and it was still dark.

He looked at the clock.

2:30am.

It seems like he has only dozed off for 30 minutes.

 

He looked around the room before looking back at the sleeping Yuri.

Minho quickly took his camera out and took pictures of her carefully in every angle.  He treasures every moment with her and he wants to make it as memorable as he could. He wants her to be happy 24/7.

 

Yuri woke up to find Minho taking pictures of her.

It seems like he hasn’t slept all night and it was already 8:00am.

“What are you doing?”

“Taking pictures of you. AIGO! YOU LOOK SO CUTE!” Minho clicked the camera yet again.

 

“Come here, let’s take a picture together.” Yuri suggested.

They snapped a picture together.

“Aigo! My hair is so messed up!” Yuri laughed “AND YOUR PANDA EYES!” she pointed at Minho’s eye bags.

 

“Well it was worth it because you moaned out my name while sleeping.” Minho teased. “You were smiling like an idiot too.” He pinched her cheeks.

Yuri covered her face in embarrassment.  

“Did you have a good dream about me?” he asked.

Yuri bit her bottom lip and admitted it by nodding.

 

Minho chuckled at her honesty.

 

~That afternoon~

 

Minho made sure to do activities that aren’t to tiring for Yuri but would still be fun so he decided to take her cycling, the one where Yuri doesn’t have to pedal.  Minho would do all the work.

 

Yuri felt the warm sun on her face as she tighten her embrace on Minho’s waist and rested her cheek on his back.

Minho smiled at her touch.

Suddenly, Yuri’s breathing became uneasy.

“M-m-minho.” She groaned out.

 

Minho’s eyes widened and quickly stopped the bicycle.

He grabbed Yuri’s medication out of his pocket almost too quickly and gave it to her to drink it.

She quickly drank it down and Minho hugged her until her breathing steadied again.

 

“Don’t scare me like that!” Minho was close to tearing up.

“Mianhe.” Yuri smiled weakly.

“Let’s go home and rest.”

 

~At the hotel~

 

After they had dinner, they were both sitting in bed.

“I made you something.” Yuri smiled brightly as she handed Minho a scrapbook.

“Bwoh?” he asked as he looked at the cover page.

It says MH & YR.

 

“Whenever you feel sad and miss me, you can always look at that.” She explained as Minho flipped through the pages.

It was filled with the memories they made together.

 

From the picture of Yuri with the flower Minho gave her on their first date to when they arrived at the hotel yesterday.

 

Minho felt himself chocking up.

He wasn’t the type of guy to get emotional but with Yuri, he can’t help but be sensitive.

She was the greatest thing that ever happened in his life and the fact that he could lose her any moment scared him to death.

 

“I love you Yuri ah.”

“I love you more Minho. And don’t you forget that.”

 

~At midnight~

 

Minho stared at her again.

He hasn’t been sleeping well since he found out her condition so this became a habit for him.

The most time he would probably for is an hour.

 

This time, something was different.

Yuri was holding his hands as they slept but soon he hands were becoming colder and colder.

“Yuri ah…” Minho whispered trying to wake her up in the middle of the night but he got no response.

“Yuri.” He lightly shook her.

Minho carefully kept his finger beneath her nose and realized she was no longer breathing.

 

She was gone. The love of his life was gone.

“I didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye…” were the words that came out of his mouth.

 

 

***

Right now, my mind is on UPVOTE.

Yes, readers, don’t forget to upvote!

Each upvote makes me feel like I’m getting a hug from a friend.

And of course, tell me what you think about this one shot.

Thank you for reading!

~emkrys