Chapter 5: Jealous

A Leap of Fate
 
He's so cute on the picture above aigoo :"> Sleeping Arctic fox...
 
 

 

 
"This girl really Aigoo! She worries me so much! Doesn't she know I'm already old! Aigoo ya! And, and that poster in her wall! Aigoo!" I can hear my Eomma's never ending cry. I slowly open my eyes.
 
 
Where am I? I raise my hand to shade my eyes from the blinding light.
 
 
"Aigoo ya, you're already awake! What did you do you michin yeoja ya!" I felt my mother's repeated slaps in my arm, she's crying.
 
 
"Eomma, na gwaenchana." I close my eyes again. I'm here in my room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Omo. How did I get here?
 
 
 
 
"Eomoni" I heard a guy's voice entering the room. I open my eyes then squint to see who it was.
 
 
"Your friend is already awake. Gomawo Jinyoung-ah. I wouldn't know what to do if you're not here." I crinkled my forehead. Why is Eomma saying those things? It is as if Jinyoung saved..
 
 
 
 
 
Jinyoung saved me!? Again?
 
 
 
 
 
 
"How did you-- Agghh..." I quickly sit up then felt my head hurt again.
 
 
"Don't move recklessly, Aisssh.." I can feel the fox's claw in my shoulders helping me to lie again in the bed.
 
 
"Eotteoke--"
 
 
"I carried you from the bookshop, up to here." He said firmly, not leaving the look in my eye. Eomma was already outside my room, I can hear clanking of plates in the kitchen so I'm sure she is.
 
 
I pouted. Try blaming me for you not being able to walk that Ha Na girl home, I'll kill you this time for real! Jinjja!
 
 
"Go.. Gom.. Gom.. Get that bear!" I said to him without looking. Why would I say 'Gomawo'? I won't! Aniya!
 
 
"Mwoya, I thought you're going to thank me." He handed me the plush doll with my Oppa's face.
 
 
I pouted again. Why is this guy not leaving already? Aisssssh..
 
 
"Gwaenchana?"
 
 
"Uhmm" I just nod, still not looking at him. My arms automatically folded. I want him to leave, I don't want to see him right now.
 
 
"Mianhae." I slowly turn my look to him as he said those words.
 
 
"If I didn't meddle with you getting that fallen book on the floor awhile ago it wouldn't be like this." He was looking at the ground, rubbing the gauze in his forehead. He looks like he's having so much regrets.
 
 
"Gomawo." I blurted out suddenly. Maybe because I felt pity on him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
MWO? I FELT PITY? WHY DID I?
 
 
 
 
 
 
"That's for saving me. Nothing else. And don't bother telling me to repeat what I said. I won't. Ever." I looked away as I said that.
 
 
 
I heard him as he let out a gust of air on his nose, like I said something funny.
 
 
"Wae useo?" I glare at him.
 
 
"I won't ask you to repeat that. You did repeat that. That was the second time." He let out a soft and brief laugh again. When did I... Oh, I remember! At the storage room. Aigoo, I want to hit my head.
 
 
"You did well awhile ago." He said. Now you're complimenting me. This charmer fox...
 
 
"As always." I said as I look at the high ceiling. Ah, bae go pa.
 
 
"Kids, let's eat our dinner!"  I heard my Eomma say. Oh just the right time!
 
 
"Can you walk now?" I lay my arm flat on the bed for support,  but Jinyoung was already helping me sit up on the bed. His hands were supporting my back.
 
 
"Of course, its only my head that aches, not my feet." I said as he held my arm, now helping me to stand up.
 
 
"Why are you suddenly so cranky?" He asked while we were on our way on the dining table.
 
 
"If your head hurts, wouldn't you be cranky like this?" The fox just stay silent after that.
 
 
"Ya ima, why can't you be good to Jinyoung-ah? He was always there for you everytime your stupidness attacked you." My mother said as she was putting rice on my bowl. I just held my chopsticks, pretending I didn't hear what she said.
 
 
"Jinyoung-ah I really want you to become my son-in-law, but I know you won't last with this girl. Aigoo. I know there will a come time that you will get tired looking after my stupid daughter." I looked at my Eomma. Jinyoung was just smiling. The nerve, he still manage to smile!
 
 
"Eomma, you know Jinyoung is not my type. Geokjongma, I'll get marry with a good man in the future just what and how you want. Just wait , Oppa will know of my existence very soon." I said as I carved a heart shape on the rice in my bowl.
 
 
"This crazy girl.. Ya! He will never know your existence! So don't bother dreaming and just invert your attention to those who's willing to keep with all your stupidity, jinjja!" There goes my eomma again, La La La I'm not listening La La La...
 
 
"Ya, why are't you speaking and defending yourself?" I said to him as I signal him to pass the plate of kimchi to me.
 
 
 
"Do I still need to?"
 
 
"Of course Jinyoung-ah! You are way better than that huge annoying poster in that girl's room."
 
 
"YA EOMMA!"
 
 
"Ah Wae? I'm just saying my opinion, and that's the truth."
 
 
I cursed in my breath.  This two really! I stuffed my mouth with rice. I don't want to speak anymore!
 
 
 
 
After we ate, the fox ushered me back to my room then helped me to sit in my bed.
 
 
"Aren't you leaving?"
 
 
"Omo, you want me to leave? Kurae Kurae I'll leave now" He stood up from his chair and was about to go outside. 
 
 
"Babo ya, I'm asking if you're still not leaving, I didn't ask you to leave" I said to him, then he went back to sit on the chair.
 
 
"My Eomma will just interrogate me if you leave. Wait until she sleeps." I bend to get a magazine from the rack at the edge of my bed when he was about to do same.
 
 
"There you go again!" I pressed my fist onto his head slightly. That was close! He really wants me to have a concussion!
 
 
He scratched his head as he properly sit  back in the chair.
 
 
 
"You  sure got a good time singing with Mr. Jae Wook" He said while I was scanning through the magazine.
 
 
"Uhmm, how about you?"
 
 
"Oh kugeo... Ne." He said, letting out a soft laugh as I saw his cheekbones ascend to heaven.
(Kugeo, ne- That, yes)
 
 
"Jaemittne?" I hiss then put down the magazine on my side. "A very special girl. Omo, that was so romantic." I said to him, pun intended. 
(Jaemittne?- Is it fun?)
 
 
"Wae? Are you curious who she is?" He was smiling slyly at me. HAHA, is this guy crazy?
 
 
"Mwoya.. Why would I?! And well, I don't need to be curious arctic fox. Her identity is already clear as a glass." I widely open my eyes at him.
 
 
"Nugu?" He looks uncomfortable and perplexed at the same time.
 
 
"Oh why are you asking me? You should know who in the first place, this actor" I said then went back to scanning the magazine.
 
 
"What are you saying? I really don't know who you're talking about." He moved his chair closer to my bed.
 
 
"I'm going to perform a dance and this is for.. Jinyoung Oppa my feet" I said while imitating the way that Ha Na girl said awhile ago.
 
 
"Mworago? Haha! You mean.. Ha Na-sshi?" He said, his eyes became smaller and smaller as he laugh. I continue to scan the magazine, not minding him .
 
 
"Wait.. Are you.. jealous? Hmm...." He placed his hand at the edge of my bed then lean towards me on my feet.
 
 
"Do you want me to kick you? Why would I uh? I'm not like those crazy girls who buy books in the bookshop just to see your face, and I'm not the type of girl who will y dance infront of guys!"  I saw him tilt his head back as I waved my feet near his face.
 
 
He made a face showing he doesn't believe on what I said. "You're so defensive. Ara, ara. Its because you don't have taste, that Oppa you are calling only has low standards fangirls like you  hovering over him"
 
 
"MWORAGO?!?! Ya Jinyoung-ah, that was the worst comment you ever said about me and MY OPPA! YOU WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN! KYAAAAAAAA!!!" I was about to hold his neck to choke him to death when my Eomma shouted from the next room.
 
 
"YA you  SHIKKEURO! I'm trying to get some sleep here, shout again and I will tear that huge poster in your room!!!!" I zipped my mouth after that warning from my mother that made me had goosebumps, while this fox is trying to suppress his laughter by puffing his cheeks. I open my eyes wide at him and gritted my teeth. When I suddenly feel tired, I just glare at him and lay down on the bed. I turn my back on him then fold my arms.
 
 
"Mwo, are you tired now? C'mon, kill me."  He sing as I sense him peeking over my shoulder.
 
 
"I'm trying to get some sleep!" I said in a control tone with my eyes closed.
 
 
"Haha, the one I told that you have low standards, that's only a joke. I know you have HIGH STANDARDS. Because if you don't you could have gone to your Oppa's agency and waited for him there all day and night."
 
 
"Well, I'm planning to do that in the future." I said, still my eyes closed and my arms folded, still my back on him.
 
 
"Don't dare, I'll drag you out there by your hair!"
 
 
"AH WAE! Are you my FATHER?" I face him and open my eye widely at him again.
 
 
"AGAIN! DO THAT AGAIN! DO IT ONCE AGAIN! I WOULD SET ALL THE SH*T IN YOUR ROOM ON FIRE!" I bit my lip as I heard my Eomma shouted once again. I let out a gust of air on my nose. Then I went back to my position awhile ago.
 
 
"Let it go now Jinyoung or I'll make your death as silent as I can." I warned him as I shut my eye forcefully.
 
 
"Kurae kurom. I'll set my setbacks the day after tomorrow, I'll just reserve them for now." I heard him say as I sense him walking around my bedroom.
 
 
"Ya, Get out of here once my mother is asleep" I said to him as I try to get some real sleep. My head ache went away easily, wow I don't want to admit its because of that fox' again, I never knew making me angry would make my headache go away.
 
 
"Ne" he answered as I heard him get back on the chair.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm jealous..."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Mwo?" I said, still not facing him, but I open my eyes this time. Why is this guy suddenly saying weird things? I clearly heard what he said. 
 
 
 
"I'm reading, hush." Ah, I thought he's really jealous. But I hope he was..
 
 
 
 
 
MWO? you MICHYEOSO? AIGOO I'm thinking weird things too!!! Why would I want to make him jealous? Mwoya..
 
 
 
 
 
"Let's play Mafia game tomorrow with the guys in the bookshop"
 
 
 
"Uhmm.." I lazily said as I slowly went to dream land where my Oppa is waiting for me. I unfold my arms and lay down comfortably on the bed. I don't care about what Jinyoung is doing anymore because I know he'll go out once Eomma and I are asleep. I feel him covering me with my blanket. I snuggle to it and went to sleep...