Chapter 14: When Jealousy Strikes

A Leap of Fate

I went off from home early because I'm in such a good mood, I don't know why. It's just 7am, the bookshop will open in 8am so I decide to take a walk at a park just near the bookshop.

 

I sat on one of the bench and put my bag beside me. I looked at the surroundings, the wind blows so soft, and the leaves of the trees sway to its rhythm. I embrace myself, then I suddenly remember what happened last night.

 

 

"YOU!" The moment I hear his voice calling out my name from behind, I turn around and then he embrace me, so tight,and so warm. I cried to my heart's content, then everything I feel felt like they went to all the right places. He gave me a piggyback ride, and the warmth of his back gave me security I never thought I would feel.When we were young he would always give me a ride on his back but only when we're kidding around, and that was so many years ago. Last night was the piggyback ride that was not for kidding around, but because I'm hurt and scared.

 

I felt my cheeks reddened as I reminisce that incident, aigoo mwoya! I should just feel this towards Oppa and now it's on Jinyoung! I shake my head, i'm cheating to Oppa. But why does this cheating to Oppa feels so right? Aigoo i'm getting corny because of that fox!

 

I continue to look around when I notice a guy and a girl walking in the street. They don't look like a couple, but.. the guy looks like a girl! His hair is nearing to his shoulder, and he has a small face. I squint my eyes to get a better view, oh they seem to be shopping for clothes. I also notice the way he walks, is he pretending to be gay? What kind of a guy would do that? I shake my head as I continue to stare at them. Then suddenly, another guy entered, I mean went from behind, he was running then he caught the arm of the girl. Oh, maybe the three are friends. But I stare at the expression of the long haired guy, he was like disappointed or something. I hissed, hmm maybe the long haired guy likes the other guy. Aigoo, It suddenly gave me goosebumps, I can't imagine two good looking guys loving each other! I shift my gaze to the trees when I think I saw..

 

 

Jinyoung?

 

 

A bus stops where I thought I saw him standing, then when the bus moved he was already gone from the spot.

 

 

Is my eyes just deceiving me?

 

 

The bus stop is for the passengers who will travel to Seoul. Seoul? If that's really Jinyoung what will he do to Seoul then?

 

 

Ani ani, I'm just imagining things. He doesn't even have friends in Seoul or maybe he does, but why would he go to Seoul all of a sudden right?

 

I sigh to shrug off the Jinyoung thoughts I'm making in my mind again, concentrate on Oppa you, you must not get addicted thinking of Jinyoung fox!

 

 

I look at my watch, it's already 7:30am. I took a walk around the park then decide to go to the bookshop.

 

As I enter the bookshop, I look at Mr. Jae Wook who is having his coffee in the cashier. I greet him  then he smiled at me in return. I head straight to the locker room to put my bag inside, when I think of looking inside Jinyoung's locker.

 

 

I make sure no one's looking, then I open his locker slowly.

 

 

 

His things are inside.

 

 

So he's here already?

 

 

I immediately close his locker then look around again, maybe he's hiding on the door, or he wants to startle me. I slowly walk towards the door, then quickly turn to see if he's there.

 

 

 

 

No one.

 

 

I scratch my head, why didn't I saw him in the cash register if he's already here? Usually when he goes at the bookshop early he would wait for me at the cash register while he chats with Mr. Jae Wook.

 

 

Maybe he's on the storage room. Right, maybe he's there. I open another door to the storage room, then look around the shelves.

 

 

 

No Jinyoung.

 

 


I frustratedly went to the cash register when I saw Eun Nel entered the bookshop, she was having a bright aura just by the look on her face.

 

"Jeoun achime, Mr. Jae Wook" She smiled to the man who was concentrated with his work.

 

"Oh wasseo." She said to me then went to the locker room. I followed her.

 

"Why are you looking down?" She noticed, aissh I don't know why too!

 

"Oh I remember!" She exclaimed all of the sudden then rush back to where Mr. Jae Wook is.

 

"Sir, Ha Na told me to say to you that she won't be able to work today. She told me she's sick, but she would get back to work here in the bookshop once she's well." I look at Eun Nel. Wow, the troll is sick? Bad Karma, it is.

 

"Ladies, I also want to say that today, only the two of you are in duty. Sun Woo, Jung Hwan and Jinyoung will not be able to work today also." Mwo? The three of them?

 

"Its not that I want to ask Sir, because this is related to the duck looking guy but, why do the three of them suddenly decide to absent together?" Speculations start to come across my mind again, hmm, this fox!

 

"Ahmm Mr. Jae Wook, I know it's bad to look on other person's things, Mian. Uhmm, I look inside Jinyoung-ah's locker, and I saw his things there."

 

"Uhmm." He nod. "The three of them went here before going to their destination to ask for my permission."

 

"Where will they go to Sir?" Eun Nel asked.

 

"Molla." He shortly said then went back to his work.

 

Mwoya? The three of them leave all of a sudden, and Ha Na is sick. Or pretending to be sick? I widen my eye as I went to the shelf I'm designated to, that fox really!

 

Or maybe, he told Ha Na what he's up to that's why that troll decide not to work for today because Jinyoung is not around. Remember, Jinyoung is the only reason why she works in the bookshop. I glare at the stack of books then pull out the books one by one. He's really getting on my nerve! I grip a book and was about to tear it apart when Eun Nel swung the door open, leaving me on that position. Her eyes were shut wide open, unbelieved by what I was about to do.

 

"Are you going to vent out your anger on the book?!"

 

 

*****

 

Lunch time came, Eun Nel and I are now here at the garden. I give Jinyoung's doshirak to her since that fox is not around today.

 

"You're worrying about Jinyoung, right?" She said to me while her eyebrow is raised. She was like an investigator with the tone of her voice.

 

"Jeoldae!" I widen my eye at her as I defend myself, err rather, deny myself.

 

"Then why did I caught you on the act of  tearing apart that book in two?"

 

"I'm just, I just.."

 

"You know, don't try to reason out anymore, it's obvious you're angry because you think Ha Na knows why your guy is absent today."

 

"How.. How did you know?"

 

"Of course I know! I can see through peoples' actions, and I know you're the kind. You try to overthink things so I know already." She said as she eat her jjajjangmyeon.

 

I let out a gust of air out of my nose, am I that obvious? I stuff my mouth with the jjajjangmyeon.

 

"I don't want to add up the burden you're feeling right now, but I think Ha Na knows why Jinyoung-sshi is not around. I went to her house awhile ago because she called me last night and told me to come at her place in the morning. When I went to their house, she told me she's sick, but she didn't look like it." Now I got the answer, aissh I'll kill that guy when he came back! He didn't even say it to me, who am I to him really? Ha Na was the first one he told about what he's up to.

 

"My appetite went away."

 

"Jinjja? Ok, this is on me then." Then she get the doshirak I halfway ate. I drank on the bottled water, trying to chug down the heaviness in my chest.

 

 


"Eun nel-ah, you-ya, I'll dismissed the two of you early today since there are only few customers at the bookshop, I hope you already know why."Aissh, why does he need to say that? I try to forget what Jinyoung did but I really can't, especially now that almost all of the girl customers and even old women who came in the bookshop always ask if Jinyoung is around.

 

 

"I'll dismiss you at 5pm, since I also heard that you almost got into an accident last night." Mr. Jae Wook was referring to me, maybe Jinyoung said it to him.

 

"Accident? What accident?"

 

"That doesn't matter anymore Eun Nel-ah, since we are all assured that our you is safe" He smiled to me and pat my shoulder. I try to absorb some relief on Mr. Jae Wook's gesture but I feel more burdened. Aissh I didn't even talk or saw him after he gave me a piggyback ride last night. All I can remember was he was walking me home while he carries me on his back then I slept, and I woke up only in the morning.

 


After Mr.Jae Wook dismissed us, Eun Nel asked me if I want to go to her place to watch football, but I refused and  just reasoned out to her that I should go home early because my mother told me to do chores for her.

 

Instead, I went to the park where I went awhile ago and sat on one of the bench again. There are more people unlike when I went here in the morning. There are kids playing around, mother's scolding their child not to get near on the small lake, couples having their picnic under the trees. I think I'm the only one who's alone here. I put my bag beside me and play with the straps as I look at the people around, when my eyes saw a band performing on the other side of the park. I grab my bag and went there, I think I should just kill my time listening to them than just content myself looking at the people when I can only feel, more jealous...

 

(Play this song
Two Voices by Morrie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8OeJJ7tNDo)

 

I sat on a  flat stone where others are also sitting and listening to the indie band performing.

 

I thought of Jinyoung again.

 

*Sigh* I can't get over a day without bugging or seeing the face of that smelly, charmer fox. I think I became really attached to him, especially now that I already figure out my feelings for him.

 

I like Jinyoung, okay I now admit. But should I let this feelings continue? To him, I'm just his annoying, damsel in distress bestfriend. I remember what he said when we played Truth or Dare yesterday.

 

"I like her... I like her because.. she's my bestfriend..."

 

Those words echoed into my head until I can't hear the band anymore, I can only hear those words in my mind. I cover my face, I think I'm gonna cry. I bite my lip as I control the tears welling up in my eye, ani ani you must not cry. The band might think you were very touched with the song when you're not really listening to it.

 

I quickly wipe the tear that was forming in my eye and decide to sit back on the bench, but when I get back there there was already a couple sitting and snuggling with each other.

 

I just walk around the park, I can feel the breeze in my face, and it felt like it was slapping me, like it was saying "You were not like that when you didn't let those feelings grow for him, you babo!  I thought you'll only love your great great Oppa, but now, there you are! Sobering over that fox. You spend almost all of your childhood with him and you only figured out that you like him just now?"

 

I stop in my tracks, Aiissh if I can only see the wind I would slap it and tell it to mind his own business, but I can only feel it and if I did slap the air people will think I have gone out of my mind.

 

I look on the street where I saw the three people I notice in the morning when I think I saw..

 

 

Jung Hwan and SunWoo?

 

 


Okay guys I'm giving you the permission to kill me (but if you do, how will you know what will happen in the next chapter? HAHA). I'm sorry, really sorry for not updating my stories. HUHU And I didn't even announced Hiatus. Its not my intention to keep you guys hanging but you see I've got a lot of issues back then that needs straightening up that's why updating my FFs became my last priority. BUT NOW THAT I'M BACK, be rest assured I'll update more often. Oh and I didn't edit this yet because I got a little alienated with AFF's new features. I thought the old editor has been put down that I spent a lotta minutes trying to understand those HTML thingamajiggas just so I can update this chapter. But fortunately the old editor is still alive haha sara ittne! So where are we?

 

AUTHOR NIM IS BACCCCCCK AND I'LL BE UPDATING MY JINYOUNG FICS FROM NOW ON OMG!

 

AND I WANNA SAY THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO WAITED FOR ME TO UPDATE. GUYS YOU KNOW YOURSELVES AND I REALLY REALLY THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR STAYING WITH THIS FIC. AND I ALSO GAINED A LOT OF SUBBIES THO I DONT UPDATE AND ITS JUST SO OVERWHELMING YET EMBARASSING IN MY PART BECAUSE IVE BEEN SO LAZY. HAHA YEAH AUTHOR NIM IS SO LAZY. -___-

 

WAIT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE HALMAES! LOVE LOVE LOVE <3