Two Puppies

Nine Tails, One Heart

"My lord, there are humans nearby." Wind says quietly, her power rustling the grass underneath her.

Kibum's blue eyes widen in shock as he stiffens. "The humans that are after me?" He asks in a panicky voice, looking around in search of a hiding place.

"No, my lord. It's only one human... a boy." Wind replies in a reassuring voice, her pixie wings flapping quickly, her transparent body slowly moving up and down in mid-air.

"Oh! Human boys are so cute!" Water squeals happily, her hands forming into loose fists and covering . Her body shivers in her excitement, the full moon reflecting off of her fluid skin.

Wind sighs in exasperation, rolling her eyes at her friend's behavior.

"Is he coming towards us?" The fox asks, looking around in curiosity. He ignores Water's fangirling, his tense muscles relaxing.

Wind closes her eyes and a gentle breeze emits from her, spreading throughout the park. The breeze inspects the area, focusing on the human male's presence. The soft gust of wind rustles the fox's pure white hair and gently urges his snow colored cloth to dance with it. His golden belt glints in the moonlight when some of the fabric shadowing it shifts with the breeze.

 

Suddenly, Wind sitffens and her green eyes fly open, shocking both Kibum and Water.

"Whistling winds, he's coming this way! Water, quick, go back to your natural form! My lord, hide!" She panics, quickly dissolving into the air, Water following her lead by flying over to the lake and diving in. Her form melts into the clear liquid, hiding her from any observer.

The fox in human form watches his followers diappear with wide eyes, confused as to why they abandoned him so quickly.

"Lord Kibum, he's coming this way!" Wind whispers from her invisible form above her master.

"I have nowhere to hide! I'm in my human form!" Kibum responds in an irritable voice as he searches for some type of covering. All he is greeted with is the lake that Water disappeared into and a few scattered benches. No bushes. No trees. Only grass.

"Why do human have to be so neat with their parks!" He growls in frustration, his blue eyes flaring with anger and panic.

The sound of footsteps catches his attention, causing his mind to replace his frustration with fear.

"Roo, slow down will you?" A deep, melodious voice calls out in a gentle yet scolding tone. The voice emits from the stone walkway at the edge of the grass area that wraps around the whole lake.

Kibum freezes, staring at the darkness that the voice escaped from. He knows someone is there. He knows they're there, he just can't see them. And they can't see him...

Right?

 

"ROO! Will you stop running already? I'm tired!" The voice whines as the footsteps get closer and closer to Kibum.

Suddenly, out from the darkness appears a tiny dauchsaun puppy, yipping happily. The fox stares at it in fascination, surprised to see such a small and adorable creature.

The puppy notices Kibum, its big brown eyes locking onto his piercing blue ones. In response, Kibum lets a small smile form on his lips as he kneels down on the soft grass. He holds out a hand, silently calling the small animal towards him. Being a god of nature, he feels comfortable and happy with other animals.

The puppy barks happily, bounding towards Kibum who's smile widens as it approaches. The puppy sniffs the fox's hand and sighs contentedly at his comforting scent.

Hello, little canine. The heavenly fox says telepathically, his words reaching the puppy's mind. The latter jumps slightly and looks up at him with shocked eyes, confused.

Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I protect your kind along with other creatures of nature. The fox explains in a soothing voice, petting the puppy's tiny head softly. This calms the canine, making it crawl closer to Kibum's pale knees and lay it's snout on them. The puppy sighs once again, its big eyes fluttering closed as Kibum its back gently.

 

"Roo!" The melodious voice from earlier calls out, startling the fox and the puppy. The smaller of the two barks in response to the voice, its tail wagging.

Out of the darkness, a young man appears, jogging toward the dog's voice. When he notices the fox in human form, he freezes, his brown eyes widening slightly as he studies the beautiful stranger.

Roo barks at him, placing her small paws on Kibum's knees and looking back at her owner. She looks like she's proud of herself, having found a beautiful stranger during her night time walk.

Kibum's blue eyes look into the young man's brown ones, the wind rustling his white garment.

The wind spirit is frantically flying around her master, her power causing the grass to wave after her. She is panicking because of the human seeing her master.

No human is supposed to see the nine tailed fox.

No human is supposed to know that he even exists.

 

The fox stares at the young man, his powerful eyes staring into the other's surprised ones. He inspects him out of curiosity, noting how handsome the man is. His strong facial features interest the fox, causing him to tilt his head to the side and squint his eyes slighty. When he does so, he notices a light shade of pink appearing on the other's cheeks.

The reaction being a new discovery for Kibum, his light eyebrows rise.

How strange. He thinks, his blue eyes slowly rising up to connect with the others big brown ones. Once their contrasting eyes make contact, the fox smiles widely, revealing his sparkling teeth.

He looks like a canine as well. He thinks happily, completely oblivious to the reaction the other has once seeing his shining smile.

The handsome man's heart speeds up in his chest and his cheeks flush a bright red, visible even as a fluffy cloud passes in front of the full moon.

Beautiful. He thinks, staring at the white haired beauty sitting amongst the green grass, smiling at him. The lake behind him frames his small form, shining as the moon reflects off of it. The water's slow movements cause the reflecting light to twinkle every once in a while. This natural occurence makes the white haired boy seem even more beautiful.

He looks like he's sparkling.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

Annyeong!

GUYS! 17 subscribers for my first chapter! *genuinely surprised*

Thank you to all of you who subscribed~ *kidnaps you all and carries you to cookies*

Please VOTE and COMMENT!

I'll update soon! BYE~ *slides away*