Moonlight Photograph

Nine Tails, One Heart

The elevator chimes cheerily after having slowed down to a stop, the silver doors sliding open smoothly. As the doors settle into fully opened positions, a feminine voice says softly, "Tenth floor".

The fox steps forward curiously, his upper body leaning forwards as he eyes the hallway with wide, innocent eyes. Behind him, Jonghyun smiles softly at his cute actions, his puppy eyes studying the obvious curiosity evident in the other's blue orbs.

"This way, Key-ah." He calls, gently sliding his fingers down the fox's forearm to get his attention away from an abstract painting on the wall.

He smiles gently at the other when he turns to him, his head tilted to the side in question. His pure white hair shifts slightly at the angle, a few wisps of hair covering one of his blue eyes.

Jonghyun's heart skips at the sight, the sharpness of the fox's gaze stirring something in the pit of his stomach. He dumbly blinks a few times as he feels his heart drumming against his chest.

Before he can truly decifer the strange feeling, he shakes his head lightly, turning away from the feline eyes that are staring into his own puppy-like ones.

"F-follow me." He accidentally stutters, fully turning away from Kibum, making his way down the hallway and to his apartment.

 

Key follows him, walking with lithe steps along the red rug that covers the floor. He moves elegantly and gracefully, creating an illusion of sorts; that of his nine tails flowing behind him smoothly.

He and Jonghyun trudge along in silence, the latter's heart slowing down to a normal pace as he distracts himself by walking. He is so distracted that he doesn't notice that he has passed the door to his apartment.

The fox however, notices, his divine powers tuning in with his surroundings and sensing different aura signatures radiating from each doorway. He senses a warm and comforting aura, one of which reminds him of Jonghyun himself. He basks in the warmth, pausing in his steps beside a doorway.

"Jonghyun hyung." The fox calls out softly, feeling the aura radiating from the door beside him caressing his skin gently. He unconsciously leans slightly closer to the polished, wooden door, wanting to feel the soft heat permeating his skin.

 

At the sound of his name being called, Jonghyun snaps out of his reverie and turns around, noticing Key standing still. His puppy eyes flicker down for a split second, seeing Roo looking up at him from her sitting position beside one of the fox's barefeet.

The canine stares at her owner with big, disappointed eyes, silently judging his stupidity for passing by his apartment door.

Jonghyun finally realizes that Key is standing beside his doorway, quickly walking to the fox as a light blush forms on his tanned cheeks.

"S-sorry." He mutters, pulling out keys from his jeans pocket, feeling awkward under the other's silent gaze. "I got a bit distracted."

The fox simply nods in understanding, watching as the shorter of the two unlocks the door and pushes it open. The latter sticks out a toned arm, motioning for Key to enter the premises before him.

The fox gladly takes up the offer, practically skipping inside the apartment; the warmth he had felt before wrapping around him in greeting.

 

"Key-ah, how did you know this was my apartment?" Jonghyun asks curiously, letting Roo waddle in before him. He strips himself of his grey hoodie, hanging it on the coat rack standing right beside the doorway. His deep, brown eyes study the fox's form as he takes off his black boots and places then to the side.

Kibum flutters around the living room that connects to the entrance way, his blue eyes taking in every detail. He continues looking around, occasionally poking a random object before answering the older.

"The place simply seemed as if it belonged to you." He responds, staring intently at a small statue of a sleeping bear before flitting over to study the plasma television hanging above a stone fireplace.

Jonghyun quirks an eyebrow at his words, making his way to the couch that Key wasn't hovering over or poking, sitting down comfortably.

"How so?" He asks, watching with slight amusement as Kibum pokes the stereo on the bookshelf beside the TV, accidentally playing a loud and obnoxious song. The younger quickly pokes the white rectangle again, effectively shutting the music off. He breathes a sigh of relief then moves on to his next target; the vase full of colorful yet fake flowers.

"Well, it just seemed like it, that is all. It felt warm and comforting; inviting, if you will." The fox states, the stiff leaves of the flowers. His blue eyes are full of curiosity as he tilts his head slightly in question, as if he is asking the flower if it is feeling alright.

"Inviting? That's a strange way of putting it." Jonghyun chuckles, feeling rather than seeing Roo hop up onto the couch with difficulty and lie down on his lap. He immediately starts her soft fur, pulling a content sigh from the tiny canine.

"It is not strange at all, really. I just felt as if the door to your home matched your aura, radiating the same warmth and kindness coming from you." Key explains, his words sophisticated and not at all sounding like a normal twenty two year old would.

 

Key's words bore into Jonghyun's mind, moving straight to his heart. They tease and prod at his heart, causing it to thump against his ribs loudly.

He says I'm kind... He thinks, a small smile subconsciously forming on his lips. His eyes twinkle slightly and he grins goofily at Kibum's slim back; the other obliviously running a smooth hand over the black piano in the far corner of the large living room.

Jonghyun's jacket that is still draped on his shoulders shifts with his movements, leading Kibum to slide it off with one of his hands. He holds it gingerly, hugging it against his body with one arm. His other hand slides over the piano's sleek surface, his blue eyes looking out of the long window only a few feet away from him. Outside the window, thousands of little lights litter the ground and part of the sky, outlining the buildings of Seoul.

The wide window allows the moonlight to seep into the room, reflecting off of the piano's polished, black surface. The fox's creamy skin reflects the moonlight as well, making him look as if he is shining.

A of inspiration slaps Jonghyun across the face, causing him to quickly reach over to the coffee table in front of him and grab his Conan camera. He clicks a few buttons then brings the medium sized camera up to his right eye, shutting his left one as he does so. He looks through the small lense, focusing on Key's elegant form. He takes one deep breath then clicks a button.

 

A sharp snap reverberates throughout the room, emitting from the black camera.

Kibum looks back in surprise, seeing Jonghyun lowering the camera from his eye, a proud smile on his lips as he looks down at the screen of the device.

"What was that?" The fox asks, walking over to the older with innocently curious eyes.

Jonghyun looks up, startled, snapping out of his daze. His cheeks darken to a tomato red, his big eyes widening as he looks into Key's blue orbs.

"I-I'm sorry, I just took a picture of you. I'm a photographer so whenever I get inspired, I have to take a picture." Jonghyun explains in an embarrassed voice. His cheeks flame and his eyes flicker from Key's eyes to the screen of his camera that is currently showing the picture he just took.

Key lifts a questioning eyebrow, following Jonghyun's gaze to the camera's display screen. There, he sees his own human profile, the shimmering lights of the city sparkling behind him as the moonlight makes his skin look as if it is shining.

 

In awe, Key's blue orbs widen as he looks back up at Jonghyun. "This is beautiful, Jonghyun hyung. You are a very talented photographer." He says, smiling cutely at the older boy. His feline eyes squint slightly as his cheeks rise, forming an endearing eye-smile that has Jonghyun’s heart racing.

Jonghyun blushes even more, mumbling an embarrassed 'thank you' under his breath. He looks back down at the picture, a proud smile forming on his lips. “Key-ah, is it alright if i use this picture for one of my jobs?” He asks, unsure, looking up at Key with a curious puppy look.

Key simply grins, nodding his pretty little head in affirmation. “Of course you can, hyung. If you would like, you may take more pictures of me, it’s the least I can do for you since you are letting me live in your home.”

“Really?” The other asks, excitement coursing through him at the mention of being able to take more pictures of the beautiful boy.

Key nods promptly, silently telling Jonghyun that it’s alright with him.

 

A huge smile forms on Jonghyun’s face, his crooked teeth gleaming and his puppy eyes twinkling with happiness. “Thank you Key-ah!” He exclaims happily, suddenly wrapping his arms around Key’s waist and pulling him onto him.

At the sudden force, Kibum plops down onto Jonghyun’s lap beside Roo’s sleeping form. His hands automatically place themselves on Jonghyun’s chest to prevent them from colliding into each other.

It quickly turns into a compromising position but Jonghyun doesn’t care, he is too busy overflowing with happiness. He smiles goofily, unconsciously burying his face into the fox’s slim shoulder. His camera is long forgotten on the sofa beside his leg, it’s lens twinkling in the light.

Key is completely unsure of what to do. Without his knowing, his body moves closer to Jonghyun’s, seeking out the warmth of his body and aura. The comfort radiating from the latter’s pure aura calls for him, urging him to revel in it.

It’s a strange, new feeling. He has never really known of such a pure soul. Humans are usually greedy, self centered creatures, their hearts always somehow corrupted. Being enveloped in Jonghyun’s warm purity just makes him feel confused.

 

It confuses him yet... intrigues him.

 

 

 

 

 

 


-----------------------------------------------------
WAZZAAA!

I’m alive! (^~^)/

I hope you liked this chapter!

Jonghyun’s photographer swag was revealed! *squeals* Isn’t he y as a photographer? Just LOOK AT THIS FACE!

SO YEAH! This ish chapter 6! *exaggerated flourish of a cape* *celebrates*

Thank you to all of my 83 subbies! I only had 57 last chapter! KYA! *happy* *gives you all kitty kishes*

Oh and thank you for the 14 votes! Lol I like how this story beat my 2nd story vote wise... this is so sad...

Please VOTE and COMMENT! *practically screaming* *gets scared by a plushie*

LOVE YOU ALL! OK BYE!