6

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hey! Hey! Yah!” Kyungsoo stopped when he reached the trail from the beach back up the docks when he noticed Taura wasn’t right behind him. She was standing all alone with a blank look on her face and the water was fast approaching her feet. Kyungsoo yelled out to her, but she didn’t seem to hear.

“Yah! The water!” Kyungsoo yelled one last time.

Taura heard a familiar voice yelling at her and blinked a few times to see Kyungsoo a few yards ahead pointing to his right. The girl turned her head to see what he was pointing at and saw the waves crashing on shore and running towards her. She gasped and quickly scurried backwards when she reached a small hill and tripped, falling flat on her . Taura huffed but didn’t make the move to get up instead she slapped her legs and pulled at her calves as if trying to take them off.  It’s no use. They aren’t coming off, Taura thought as she dropped her hands to her side.

“Hey, you okay?” The sun that hit her face was blocked out by a frame that towered over her. She looked up to see Kyungsoo standing over her with a hand outstretched. She stared at it but smacked it to the side before getting up herself, dusting off the sand from her bottom and flipping her hair to the side.

“Okay then.” Kyungsoo raised both brows and walked towards the docks again, this time making sure that Taura was right behind him. She was walking mess in the wrong place. Kyungsoo shook his head as he climbed up the steps to the docks, occasionally looking back at the girl making sure she didn’t slip or who knows what else.

When he stepped onto the deck he turned back around to help Taura on her feet before heading in the direction of the city. Kyungsoo made sure to always be a few steps ahead of the girl to avoid conversation. He’d be doing all the talking anyways and he wasn’t for one sided exchanges. Though, he was curious as to what her name was and tried to find ways to ask but never could. He told her his name and she only nodded but he sometimes saw her lips move as if saying his name to remember it.

The two were now in the midst of the late afternoon crowd. The center of the city was a giant plaza with buildings housing bakeries, cafes, stores, and even some homes surrounding the large circle. In the center of it was the cities centerpiece it was a large statue of the current king, surrounded by a large fountain that had water shooting up creating arches around the base of the statue. People sat on the rim of it while some children splashed water onto each other. The plaza was filled with people and Kyungsoo worried he would lose the girl behind him. People pushed passed him as he stopped until he was side by side with Taura, “Just stay with me. I don’t want you to get lost.”

Taura nodded. All the people surrounding her intimidated her so she glued herself to the man’s si

Please log in to read the full chapter