1

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

     The Kingdom of Sera was alive. Men traveled to and fro, buying supplies for the morning’s catch while women busied themselves cleaning their shops, homes, and streets. It was big day for Sera and its neighboring kingdom of Balma. It was the celebration of the two respective kings’ children’s marriage. Their wedding would signify the unification of two strong sea ports which would bring prosperity to both empires and hopefully make them stronger against their enemies that lived just off their shores.

     Banners hung from light pole to light pole creating a canopy of color over the road the princess would travel on to her marriage ceremony upon the king’s vessel. People decorated their windows with flowers and banners that wished the royal couple a blessed marriage. All were focused on the preparations for the wedding. All except one.

     Under the colorful streamers, the grandson of an old fisherman walked swiftly to the docks through the port city, ignoring the elaborate decorations. His small body maneuvering through the busy streets with ease.He was smaller than most but his knowledge of the ocean and his muscular build made up for his height.

     Kyungsoo was a part of a famous sailing crew that went on trips that most men could never dream of doing. He had seen most of the ocean and prided himself on his knowledge of navigation. He knew the places to go and the places to avoid especially in the Siren waters and even the mermaid’s. In all of his years on the water, he was thankful to say that he never came to contact with either of those dangerous creatures.

      Kyungsoo’s eyes were set forward on his destination, occasionally adjusting his grip on the supplies he carried. Nets, a bucket full of bait, and a cluster of fishing poles were just a few of his supplies. The rest were in hands of the young woman that followed him.

      Taura trailed behind, her feet stumbling over themselves causing her to sway from left to right while occasionally having to catch her fall. The gir

Please log in to read the full chapter