24

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taura wanted to strangle her. Better yet she wanted to scream at her until she couldn’t hear anymore. I can’t even say anything to defend myself or my people. I hate her! Whatever she is! I want to push her off the damn boat and watch her be eaten by sharks. She sat off by herself while everyone else slept. If she were to be around Mira, she knew all hell would break loose. Just thinking about her, made Taura want to start breaking things and rip her hair out.

“Don’t let her get to you.” Sehun took a seat next to Taura with another Soju bottle in hand. Taura began to wonder if that was his favorite drink. Sehun saw her eyeing it and by pretending to hand it over, “Want a sip?”

He was smiling at her in a way only Sehun could. It wasn’t a pleasant heartwarming one, but it was one that could get you to do anything he pleased. Taura surprisingly took the bottle with force from him and took a long gulp. It hurt, but once it hit her stomach it felt good. It made her feel warm.

“Humph, so you can take your alcohol.” Sehun watched in amazement as Taura’s eyes turned to slits as she opened to relieve the burning sensation. She shoved the bottle back into the boy’s hands as she wiped her lips and looked off to the side.

“She’s one of us, but which one of us I’m not quite sure,” Sehun scoffed as he leaned back on his hands and scoffed, “She practically said it at dinner.”

So, I’m not the only one who noticed. Taura took a quick peek at the boy beside her as he chucked the bottle out to sea before lying on his back. He shut his eyes while Taura stared at him. He’s so different when he drinks. He’s different all the time. He needs to pick a personality and stick with it, so confusing.

He began to laugh. Does he hear what I’m thinking? I wouldn’t be surprised, he’s a Siren after all. Ugh, no privacy at all!

“I can’t hear what you’re thinking but I feel like I know what you’re thinking.” Sehun’s head turned to Taura as his eyes opened revealing his brown eyes. They were soft this time as he supported his head with his palm, “We’re the same you know.”

The mermaid didn’t meet his glance for long because looking at them made Taura feel dizzy. Instead she stared at his slender fair hands and defined arms.

“I wonder what you’re really thinking sometimes. I just want to know, that what I’m feeling is the same thing you’re feeling so I don’t feel so alone anymore.”

Taura finally looked to him. He looked like a lost child and everything he had said made Taura see that they were in fact similar. They left their homes and had to

Please log in to read the full chapter