35

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Taura approached  Kyungsoo dripping wet and wrapped in a towel. She hesitated seeing that Kyungsoo didn't seem as happy to see her as she was to him. His expression blank and limbs frozen, he gulped seeing her and didn’t know what to do or say. Seeing her was a shock in itself, but seeing her so scantily dressed made him gulp a second time. His hands shook while holding onto his remaining fishing gear when she placed a hand on his wrist and gripped it carefully, “It’s me, Kyungsoo. It’s really me.”

            He gasped hearing such a sweet melodic voice and dropped what was in his hands letting it hit his feet. The pain was nothing compared to the shock he felt running through his veins. Taura gasped at the loud noise and stepped back a bit so the buckets wouldn’t hit her feet. She held back her hair from her face as it fell over her eyes. Kyungsoo couldn’t help but continue to stare at the girl in front of him.  It was her. Same long black hair. Same face. Same clumsy mannerisms. But this time she was talking to him, saying his name with a voice that Kyungsoo could never dream up. What’s going on? “You’re talking.”

            As much as he questioned why she was suddenly speaking, part of him didn’t care. Whatever heavenly power brought her back to him and with a voice, he was thankful and had no reason to question anything. He smiled widely and wasted no time in pulling Taura in for a hug. She gasped but clung to him out of joy but also to keep her body covered, “K-Kyungsoo, my towel is slipping.”

            A few whistles and holler could be heard around them as the girl pressed herself tighter to him and turned so that Kyungsoo’s back was facing everyone else. “Why are you even wearing a towel and not actual clothes?”

            He slipped out of his jacket and wrapped it around Taura while buttoning a few of the top buttons and leaving her with the rest. She was blushing the whole time feeling his breath on her damp neck as Kyungsoo stepped

Please log in to read the full chapter