050

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Just below the surrounded island, Mira managed to slip through the awaiting attackers. Sirens and mermaids alike armed with spears, swords, along with their own special powers. All of them sharing the common hope of dominating the oppressive human race, those unwilling to fall in line were long gone. Mira nodded at a few of the higher ranked individuals who guarded the underwater entrance to the lagoon in the heart of the island where their leader resided with a few guests.

            The mermaid swam through the small alcove carved out of the rocks and soon found herself in warmer waters. The lagoon was a good size and well hidden from anybody who came from the shores. Surrounded by thick foliage and away from any watchful eye of other suspicious sirens and or mermaids, it made for the perfect base to carry out the devious plan.

            Mira smirked as she saw a row of purple tails unmoving near the edge of the lagoon. Six in total, each were tied multiple times with barbed ropes. The mermaid flicked a few as she passed by before surfacing near the last two, who happened to be Taura’s best friends.

            Mira smiled at the two beaten royals seeing their swollen cheeks, bruised eyes, and cut up skin. She the younger maiden’s hair closest to her, “I saw your little friend today. I came this close to killing her.”

            Senna said nothing nor moved. Any movement, she learned, would resort to her getting a beating. Though she wanted to do something, she really did but her body just couldn’t take it anymore. It was hard to breathe as it was. Mira continued to the mermaid’s hair when she saw the other had managed to lift her head a bit to look at her. Kora could barely see but she knew who it was talking to them and looked away.

            “Aw, not happy to see me,” Mira swam to Kora taking the girl’s chin in her palm, “it could be a lot worst you know.”

            The two mermaids met eyes, one barely able to keep her eyes open while the other looked on amusedly. Mira shook her head and let go of Kora’s chin when she looked to the other four bodies beside Kora’s. Two men and two women, they were the nobles closest to the King and Queen but also the couples next in line to take the thrown if anything were to happen to the current, rather ex, king and queen of the mermaid world. Just as beaten and abused as their daughter’s beside them, Mira felt no pity. They stood in the way of her and her family’s chance of getting the crown but now they were one step closer.

            The only thing that stood in their way…Taura.

            “Meri, what are you doing here? You’re supposed to be looking over things back at home with the others.” The mermaid gasped and turned around to see her father swimming towards her accompanied by a few sirens. Meri was Mira’s real name. Mira was the human princess she impersonated.

            “Huh? Oh I was but father,” Meri swam to her father looking at him with a shaken expression, “Taura…she came and, and she attacked me. Father I-oh, she was scary and she’s on her way here!”

            Her father, a corrupt lower noble, turned his head to the two sirens behind him and told them to get their leader just as she swam into the lagoon.

            “No need to send for me, I’m already here.” The blonde haired siren approached the father and daughter with a

Please log in to read the full chapter