44

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo woke up early the following the morning like usual to go fishing but this time accompanied by both Ran and Sehun. Neither spoke and kept their distance from each other, Kyungsoo acting as the middle man. He looked to either person occasionally, gauging the look on their faces. Sehun looked annoyed while Ran looked tired. Not wanting to provoke any unwanted arguments, Kyungsoo decided to remain silent as well.

“Do you do this every morning?” Ran strode next to Kyungsoo lugging with her a net she held over her shoulder. Her hair blowing back behind her, revealing her small face, Kyungsoo couldn’t help but see the similarities between her and her best friend. He nodded slowly, thinking back when he went out with Taura.

“Did Taura come with you?” The girl asked shyly seeing as his lips turned up a bit when he nodded again. Ran nodded back, looking over his shoulder to see Sehun glaring at her. He mouthed for her to keep quiet, which she did only after shooting Sehun a look back.

Sehun rolled his eyes at her as she hid beside Kyungsoo continuing a conversation that didn’t involve Taura but rather what Kyungsoo did for a living. Sehun only listened a little bit, also thinking about her in the back of his mind. He wondered if she was alright. If she was safe, if she got into trouble.

Creating some distance between him and the other two, he failed to notice the commotion going on at the pier. A large group of men had gathered around a ship that had just docked which was familiar to both Kyungsoo and Sehun. From the ship descended Kris, the captain, along with Suho and Lay who carried something in their hands.

“What’s going on over there?” Ran pointed out as she strained her neck to get a peek when Kyungsoo made out the sight of Kris’s head above the crowd, “It’s my friends. They’re back already.”

He jogged to the crowd with Ran right on his tail struggling to keep a hold of the net which she eventually dropped. Catching up with the boy who was deep into the crowd, she could hear a deep voice speak above the rest, “The King’s Ship has been found! On an island not too far from the edge of Siren waters! And here’s proof!”

Ran peeked through the crowd to catch a glimpse of what the two men beside the one speaking held. It was a banner. A deep navy blue and torn at the edges, it was soaking wet and had a hexagon on the middle with four stars on each corner. From the reaction of the crowd, it seemed to be a big deal.

“What is that?” She asked out loud when Kyungsoo replied, “It’s the King’s flag he uses on his ship and only his ship.”

A little farther from the crowd, Sehun noticed the commotion and panic overtook him seeing what ship had just docked. Crap. He searched the people around him for Kyungsoo or Ran, but his search proved to no avail. Cursing under his breath, he ran into the crowd of people in search of the two when he caught sight of Ran talking with Kyungsoo. Making his way towards them, he ducked his head down to avoid eye contact with anyone familiar.

“What does that mean?” Ran looked up at Kyungsoo who gulped and met her glance, “They found the ship and—“

He was interrupted when another voice rang out in the crowd, “Let us go then! Surely the prince and princess must be there!”

A roar of cheers broke out around them causing Ran to cringe at the loud noise while Kyungsoo stared at his friends, “They’re going back.”

The two of them were pushed around like rag dolls when a hand landed on both their s

Please log in to read the full chapter