32

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Taura  left Sehun and his mother to give them time to talk over things on their own. After much subtle arguing, Taura  finally pushed Sehun to take the initiative. The mermaid now found herself swimming around the palace alone trying to find her way to her room. She had some of her own things to think about. If she were to go back home to her family and friends, would she be leaving Sehun behind as well? Did it even matter? To Taura, it did.

            She began to swam faster when she could hear voices coming from behind her. Looking over her shoulder, she saw three other Sirens were indeed following her. Two girls and one guy, all of them carried mischievous smirks on their faces. Taura didn’t give them much thought and continued on when one of them called her, “Hey!”

            The mermaid debated whether or not to stop or continue. In the end, not wanting to be rude, she stopped and waited for them to catch up with her. Once they were within arm distance, Taura felt uneasy being surrounded by three Sirens without Sehun and Talya. She rubbed her arms but kept her head up, “Yes?”

            “You’re that mermaid, the prince took in right?” The male Siren had his arms crossed with a smirk on his face. It seemed unsettling to Taura but she nodded when a girl chimed, “Are you two together?”

            The mermaid shook her head with a nervous giggle, “No, of course not.”

            “Good, because you know what they do to the Siren’s partner if she's another species, right?” The second girl raised a brow as she swam closer to Taura twirling a strand of her hair.

            “No, I don’t.” Taura gently lowered the girls hand away from her even though she’d rather break it for touching her like that. She didn’t like their attitudes at all.

            The boy scoffed as he made a cutting noise while dragging his hand across his neck. The two Siren girls giggled while they twirled around Taura, “They’ll kill you.”

            One of them jabbed her tail from behind causing Taura to whip around only to get pocked again once her back was turned. Whatever it was, left a prick on Taura’s back leaving a small cut. Blood swirled around her as she kept turning never keeping her back to any one of the Sirens. The three left her laughing while she tried to search for the place they had poked her.

            Sighing, Taura covered the small wound and continued to her room. She could have easily followed them and did worse but why should she? Here she was nothing but the enemy and an easy target. Most of them probably didn’t know who she was so why should she use the excuse she was a princess? It’d only get more people to pick on her. Her title was just a title here.

            In her room, Taura sat upon the sunken mattress. Staying here wouldn’t do her or anybody else any good. I need to talk to Talya again. She started to pluck her scales again mindlessly when a head peeked into her room, “May I come in?”

            It was just the person she wanted to see. “Sure.”

            Talya came in and sat beside Taura with a sigh, “Sehun told me what’s been on your mind. You want to leave?”

            Taura let go of her handful of scales with a nod, “I have to. It’s not like I belong here anyways.”

Please log in to read the full chapter