3

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            The four mermaids swam to the very border that separated their waters from the Siren’s. From where they were they could see the clear difference. The mermaid’s waters were a clear deep blue but the Siren’s waters ran a murky green that didn’t look as inviting. It was barely visible from below and on the surface the waves were rougher across the line. Taura surfaced again to get a visual of where the boat sailed. They were far beyond the Mermaid line. She dove back down to find that Ran was swimming back and forth with her fingers at her lips as she nibbled on them, “Taura, they shouldn’t be sailing on these waters. Every sailor knows the dangers of this area.”

            “I don’t like the feeling I’m getting.” Kora remarked as she swam closer to Senna who also looked worried.

            “If that’s the case, someone on the ship guided them here or the captain is completely incompetent.” Senna looked to Taura. The mermaid closed her eyes and envisioned the scene around the large vessel. Two Sirens were located on either side of the large ship while one was in back. If someone were to have rigged the ship, the mermaids would have no idea of finding that out but the least Taura and her friends could do was keep watch and make sure nothing happened.

            All eyes were on Taura as she opened her eyes to reveal that one was deep blue while the other a light green, only when she used her powers did this happen but  she slowly blinked them away and her eyes faded back to brown, “Even if there was someone like that on the ship. It would be too late. The most we can do is just watch and make sure nothing happens.”

            “And if something does?” Kora swam to Taura and held her hand back. The latter shrugged out of her friend's grasp and continued on.

            ~*~*~*~

            The large ship sailed through the open waters with ease. On it, a celebration took place for the King’s son and his soon to be wife, Mira. The deck was where most of the crew  gathered, the prince and princess just two of the many people that danced to the music that was being played on board. Kai was the center of attention as he danced around with his friends. A smile adorning his tanned face as his dark brown hair moved as he did. Mira watched from the side with some of the younger crew members as she clapped along to beat when she caught Kai’s eyes. He beckoned her to join him but she shyly shook her head with a giggle. Kai pouted but excused himself from the festivities to join the girl off to the side.

            “Why won’t you dance with me? This celebration is for us you know.”  Kai leaned into the girl and kissed her cheek. When he pulled from her, Mira’s cheeks were a light pink as she held onto Kai’s hands.

            “I just enjoy watching you with your friends.”

            Kai pulled her chin up lovingly for a kiss when one of the other sailors pointed off to the side of the ship at the water and yelled, “Aye! There is someone in the water!”

            The music on board  stopped abruptly as men moved to see if it was true. Kai looked as well as Mira, who stood behind him. There in the water, a woman swam. Her golden hair slicked back as her fair skin looked to be almost shining in the moonlight. Th

Please log in to read the full chapter