Just the beginning

Rivals or Team mates?

Normal POV

 

Woohyun walked towards the room with Kibum by his side. They have been chatting, catching up with each other, their conversation stopped when the teacher stopped them. “Are you Nam Woohyun?” he nodded his head. “Ah I have to introduce you to the whole class before you enter, Kibum you may enter now.” The teacher instructed Kibum, to which he complied.

 “My name is Seo In-guk but I prefer that my students just call me hyung. Also I’m your home room teacher and this will be your homeroom.” In-guk smiled then went inside the room. At least the teacher’s isn’t that bad. Woohyun thought inside his mind. “Morning everyone, Class we have a new student today I would like you all to meet Nam Woohyun.” Sunggyu’s ears perked up when he heard the name. ‘Heh we have the same class huh? Wait since its first class too… Damn…’ In-guk leaned on the table and waited for Woohyun to come in. Woohyun came in with a smile then it dropped a little when he saw Sunggyu smirking at the back. “Please introduce yourself.”

“Ah yes I’m Nam Woohyun nice to meet all of you” he bowed and instantly whispers were hear. ‘He’s so cute’, ‘he’s hot’, ‘do you think he has a girlfriend’ do think he has a boyfriend?’ Woohyun shuddered at the last one. ‘I’m not interested thank you very much’ but he had kept that in his head. “You could seat next to Kibum, please raise your hand, in front of mister Sunggyu.” In-guk pointed at the only empty seat in the whole class.

Woohyun hesitated at first but seeing there is no other option he moves to sit at the vacant desk. He smiled at his childhood friend and looked at the front of the classroom paying attention to the teacher. Tough there’s a weird feeling that he felt that there’s someone staring at him.

Sunggyu leaned closer to Woohyun and whispered his ear, for the second time this day. “Well I didn’t expect you to be here small fry” Sunggyu smirked at the startled boy in front of him. Woohyun looked behind him with a frown “Look hamster I don’t like you, you don’t like me so let us just ignore each other, and have our lives get going.” He said simply and looked at him with a glare.

At lunch

“Guys I found a perfect spot for us!” Dongwoo came running towards his friends after not seeing them for three periods. Sungjong was in a bad mood and kept on tossing his almost wet school jacket back and forth in his locker and Woohyun complaining about something. Kibum patted Woohyun’s back, Minwoo, Zelo, Baro, Taemin are watching in amazement on how much Sungjong have so much anger in a day and Niel was trying to calm down the boy.

“What happened to you?” Dongwoo asked then the two stopped on their stress relievers. “I’ll tell you later by the way where is it?” Sungjong turned back to being calm and made his friends surprised by the sudden change of mood. “I found a huge tree and it’s perfect for us to seat under it! It’s just near here the building” He smiled happily.

“Do you guys want to come?” only Sungjong and Woohyun nodded, the others have different periods for the day, and followed the boy.

When they got out they walked for a minute but they finally arrived at tree at the farthest corner of the lawn behind the second year academics building. It was big but not how Dongwoo told them, it’s just a big oak tree good enough to shade them and there were grass so they could sit comfortably, not many people are around too, and there’s shade where all of them are covered by it… It was perfect.

Woohyun sat leaning on the tree, Sungjong sat next to his brother while Dongwoo sat in front of them crossing his legs. “Mind telling me why the both of you are frustrated?” Dongwoo asked as he took out his lunch from his bag. The two followed his suit, Woohyun rolling his eyes, and Sungjong blew his hair up.

“Woohyun first he looks like he got it worse than me.” Sungjong suggested and scooped some kimchi with his chopsticks. His brother sighed after he swallowed his food “Well it’s because of that cocky hamster I met, Kim Sunggyu” he put rice in his mouth angrily. “Why would you be angry at a hamster?” Dongwoo asked. Sungjong had hit him at the back of his head.

“Hyung he meant a guy but he called him a hamster why? Do you think he’s cute?” Sungjong looked at his brother with a raised eyebrow.

“Ughhh it’s because he looks like hamster okay? And he is not cute” He answered quickly. The other two nodded their head to let Woohyun know to continue.

Earlier today at singing class

In-guk was demonstrating on how to sing ballad since it was his major ballad. “Did you guys get that?” he asked after he demonstrated his singing. His students nodded their heads and left Woohyun his jaw hanging. He is very amazed to how his teacher sings; maybe that’s why he’s the 4th year teacher. “Now I want all of you to do a ballad song as a duet.” He said as he was reaching something from his desk. Immediately everyone, except Sunggyu, said, “would you like to be my partner?” or “You and me!” Woohyun smiled at Kibum and both of them did a thumb up.

“You’re not going to pick, we will be doing draw lots actually” everyone’s smiles dropped and turned into a pout. Woohyun just shrugged, his voice could get along with anybody. ‘Just not hamster boy’ he hoped in his head.

“Hyeri and Minyoung!” In-guk shouted and the two students went in front, and started singing since they looked close with each other. So on and so forth until almost everyone is called, to Woohyun’s dismay Kibum was partnered with someone else, but he did a pretty good job. Woohyun smiled at his friend when the teacher applauded. His mind thought of something important. ‘Wait doesn’t that mean I get paired up with…’

“Sunggyu and Woohyun!”

“What?” Sunggyu shouted then stood up. “I would not pair up with him!” Sunggyu pointed at Woohyun as the latter looked at him.

“Well the feelings mutual!” he shouted back.

“I always do solo I will not sing with this person!”

“Then why don’t you sing alone for all I care!”

“Then I will do that since your voice will probably be horrible!”

“How dare yo-”

“QUIET!” In-guk commanded the arguing boys. “Sunggyu you always sing solo since we’re always one student short, but since Woohyun is here you have no reason to go solo.”

“But…”

“That’s final, now go discuss what you are going to sing for one minute and go in front, you could sing only a chorus since it’s Woohyun’s first day” The two boys groaned in annoyance then Woohyun turned his seat looking at Sunggyu, glaring at him. “Well what song are we going to do?” he asked with no interest but then Sunggyu smirked and gave him a piece of paper and signaled Woohyun to turn around to read it. The boy complied and when he opened the note and read the paper, he frowned; there were no parts for him and he didn’t know the song. “Sunggyu, Woohyun come up here now.”

Sunggyu stood up Woohyun following him. ‘Heh let’s see if you could sing now’ they stood in front. Woohyun gulped again not knowing what to do. Then Sunggyu started.

[Sung Gyu] O nan... Nege jul su inneunge eobseo Missing u (Oh, i... I don’t have anything i can give you (but i’m) missing you)
Ttatteutan maldo motae I missing u; (I can’t even give you loving words But i’m missing you)

Woohyun quickly took what supposed to be Sunggyu’s part and prayed that he got the tone right.
[Woo Hyun] Gamhi baral sudo eobseo I missing u… Ireoke mireonae (I can’t even boldly wish for you to be mine
But i’m missing you… So i push you away)

Sunggyu looked at the Woohyun with shock while the boy sang, how did he get that part? But quickly sang his part going back to singer mode.
[Sung Gyu] Naegen gajingeon simjangppun motnan nomira
(Because i’m a guy who has nothing but his own heart)

 

They glared at each other at first but then the whole class started applauding. “Wow, When did you make that song?” In-guk looked surprised. “We didn’t, my brother wrote the song, and I sang it.” Sunggyu glared again. “wow you two should sing duet always your voice blends perfectly”

“I will never duet with him ever,” Woohyun said in his mind but he accidentally whispered it to himself and went back to their seats. “Well sorry but you’re going to have project together to be perform tomorrow.” The two groaned and they sat I silence not talking to each other.

Back to the real time…

“Hyung we said to just tell us why so frustrated but then you told the whole story!” Sungjong complained they already finished their meals and just waited the bell to ring. “Sorry, well how did your day go? Why did your uniform get all wet?” Woohyun leaned at the tree and looked at his brother, “Well I’m going to tell you the whole story cause it’s short…”

Earlier at Bio

After the group left the clinic when they think that Minwoo and Zelo will be okay they headed to Bio. They showed the excuse letter to the teacher then he welcomed Sungjong to the class, and instructed him to seat near the window, in front of Taemin, and beside a guy sleeping. The lesson went on but Sungjong began to get bored. ‘Ha… I already know this lesson! Maybe I should have a little cat nap since I didn’t enough sleep last night… hehehe I always think I’m a cat’ he thought a bit before putting his book in front of him and slept for a while.

In the middle of the lesson Eric was called to the teacher’s meeting Myungsoo woke up satisfied that his plan worked, the bump isn’t that bad anymore. Best of all, the teacher is away. “VACANT!” someone in the room shouted and immediately, and the whole room went to their group of friends. Sungjong’s new friends came to him and put his book down to find the sleeping boy. “Aww… look at Jongie he’s so cute!” Zelo whispered and hugged the boy a bit only to be hit by Niel.

“Do you want him to wake up?” Niel pulled Zelo up and shook his head. Minwoo laughed at the cousins, Baro was trying not to laugh at the scene while Taemin was debating whether to wake up Sungjong or not, so they could do the seatwork.

At the kingkas place, they were playing dare and its Myungsoo’s turn. “I dare you to pour water over the new guy,” his ‘friend’ said and gave him a bottle of ice cold water. The other kingkas were chuckling at the dare; they think it was a good idea, as for Sungyeol he put his hand over his eyes not wanting to see the result and Myungsoo was smirking. ‘Perfect way to get rid of him’

“Myung think about at what are you doing!” Sungyeol said to his friend without removing his hands.

He stood up and walked over the losers table, passing the queenkas table with him winking at them for a second. Sungjong was still sleeping silently and his friends too afraid to stand up to the school’s greatest fighter so they helplessly backed away. He stared at the sleeping boy ‘wow he looks angel- what am I thinking!?’

Myungsoo shook his head; no way, he was attracted to this boy, so he proceeded with the dare.

“GAH! COLD!”  Sungjong shot up from his sleep to see Myungsoo still emptying his bottle until nothing was left. The whole class except Sungjong’s friends, laughed at him. ‘Look he’s so thin!’ ‘Are you sure he’s a guy?’ someone shouted among the laughs “What the heck?” he slapped the bottle away from the kingka’s hand and glared at him. “Why would you to that?” he wrung his hair and slicked it back. The laughter died a little part of the girls and they swooned at him. “It’s because I want to loser” Myungsoo smirked then left the classroom when the bell rang.

Taemin offered Sungjong a towel, Niel glared at one of the kingkas’ back when the other left. Zelo, Minwoo, and Baro got the cleaning equipment and the five of them cleaned the mess…

Back to real time

“Poor Jongie!” Dongwoo hugged the feminine boy to which Sungjong rolled his eyes at. “How bout you Woonie?” Woohyun questioned the dinosaur looking boy. “Well its actually great! I got to be paired up with the most awesome guy ever!” Woohyun and Sungjong looked at each other with a questioning look. “Well it went…”

At dancing class

“Okay class, since we’re done stretching, we are going to do creative dancing today and to demonstrate it is as always Howon, come up here” Ms. Jang moved out of the way to make room for the dancing machine. He went in front and the whole class made room for him. Dongwoo was in front of the crowd and sat like a little kid seeing a magic show for the first time. Amazement was in the eyes of Dongwoo, seeing his idol dancing live in front of him. Hoya stretched for a while before he nodded at Dongwoo’s noona. The music started and Hoya’s body began moving with the beat, he was completely content on his dancing. He danced for 5 minutes and it was the end of his dance everybody knew how he was going to end it, Paradise’s signature move, The scorpion. The boys use it at every dance battle they have and it’s hard to imitate it, only a few could. Dongwoo watched in amazement, on how Hoya lied down with his stomach on the floor, his hands supporting him. He kneeled with his left leg and raised his right then stood up with no problem.

Everyone applauded for his performance, some girls squealed and some boys really are just amazed. The one who was most mesmerized is Dongwoo. He was snapped out of his trance when everyone began picking partners. He’s still the new student and he doesn’t know anyone but his noona, also he is a bit shy to ask someone. So he did the next best thing, going to his sister. “err ms. Jang?” Dongwoo tapped her shoulder, she told him earlier that to call her Ms. Jang. “I have no idea what to do… why are they picking partners?”

“Yah Dongwoo, don’t you ever listen?” she slapped him at the head. “you don’t listen to a word I say do you?”. Dongwoo rubbed his forehead while doing a pout. His sister sighed and called someone from the corner leaning on the wall. Hoya came with an eyebrow raised; Dongwoo blushed in shyness to see his idol again, after that little accident he had with him

“Partner up with my pabo brother here. He doesn’t know what to do.”

“N-noona!” Dongwoo blushed and shook his hands. “I-its okay I-I c-could do i-it alone.”

“Well he wants to do it alone” Hoya shrugged and began to walk away. “Then I’ll be on my” Ms. Jang pulled his shirt to get him back. “Lee Howon I am your teacher do what I say” Ms. Jang’s scary side revealing, Hoya was scare beyond his belief, so he nodded his head and grabbed Dongwoo’s hand and to the corner. “So we’re going to try to choreograph a dance which we are to dance at Wednesday.” Hoya groaned. He didn’t like working with the rival, he wants to end this right here right now. He’s wasting his time on such a talentless person. They sat on the floor, Dongwoo still shy to say something but he nodded. An awkward silence was between the two while their other classmates were playing songs to know what to use. Dongwoo kept on playing with the hem of his shirt “Either you say something or I’ll have to this myself” Hoya complained.

“Umm… We could find a song to use first then we’ll start working?” Dongwoo suggested his partner shrugged his shoulders. “I’m taking that as a yes!” Dongwoo took out his phone, and searched a song that they could use. ’I can’t believe this guy is so oblivious that I don’t like him.’ Hoya thought and watched in disbelief at Dongwoo scanning by sliding his index finger at the screen like a kid. He couldn’t believe that a very shy person could change into a happy-go-lucky one. “Let’s just talk later, where do you want to practice?” Dongwoo snapped the kingka from his thought. The boy grabbed Dongwoo’s phone, typed in something, and tossed it back to him. “I’ll just tell you later” The bell rang and dismissed all of them.

Back to real time… (Yeah I kept on doing that mianhe!)

The brothers slept under the tree when the dinosaur looking boy finished his story. He pouted at the two then he had a great idea. He took out some whipped cream he was going to use later on a sundae but since this is so much important, he decided to use it.

He had put some on the hands of his friends, pulled a weed, and tickled it near them. Woohyun on the nose, Sungjong by the cheek. 5…4…3…2…1… splat! The two woke from their slumber at first they were shock, only Dongwoo laughed then…. “Jang Dongwoo!” they tackled the laughing boy onto the ground and wiped the cream off their faces then to the tackled one. They laughed at each other when they sat up, whipped cream all over their faces, oblivious that someone was watching them.

At the Paradise HQ

The four boys are sitting at the edge of the building, feet hanging. They watched their newfound rivals who ate, talked, and laughed with each other. “Tch, they’re just other talentless losers who think they got what it takes.” Sunggyu muttered under his breath, “I wouldn’t like it if they stay here” Myungsoo the corner of his lips. “Dongwoo is not that a challenge why bother.” Hoya said cockily.

“Well I want to be friends with them they look okay” Sungyeol said immediately. His friends looked at him weirdly but shrugged it off. Their not the kind who controls people on who he should hang out with. ‘this is going to be a long year for you, its just the beginning’ their conscious told them which shocked them but dropped it…