Beginning of the Day

Rivals or Team mates?

 

Sungjong’s POV

“Jongie wake up! We’re going to be late!” I feel something squirting water at my face. “Hyung~ I don’t wanna wake up…” I whined and I turned my head to the wall so my hyung won’t squirt more water at me. “Sungjong-ah it’s our first day in Woollim and we need to scan the school so we wont get lost” Woohyun explained to me I didn’t stir, not one bit. I don’t want to wake up this early!

“Sungjong~ if you wake up I’ll give you your lemon lollie/candy pouch back” he bribed; I instantly jumped out of bed, and went to the bathroom. I really want my pouch back! My name is Lee Sungjong and the smooth talker of a hyung is Nam Woohyun, my brother. Shocked? Well we were orphans when we met and luckily, a rich and nice family adopted us. I excitedly walked out of the bathroom and beginning to put my uniform on. I wasn’t only excited to get my pouch but I’m also excited to go to my new school. We got a call from the principal that I’m the first student to get into two levels and in the other level, I’m top! At that day, Woohyun-hyung was like a proud father and Dongwoo was practically jumping off the walls. “Sungjong-ah! Help me wake up Dongwoo!” I heard Woohyun yelled at the other room. Woohyun, Dongwoo, and I live together in a dorm (more likely a house) because our current homes are too far away. I quickly ran to Dongwoo’s room in my polo and black pants. I saw Woohyun dancing dorkily at the side of Dongwoo’s bed with some dorky music to accompany him. I tried to suppressed my laughter but I let out a chuckle

“Sungjong! Get the !” he shouted, I smiled at my hyungs and got what Woohyun asked.

“Good now spray him until he wakes up!” I did what he said; I have to admit this is always fun to spray him, scratch that it’s always fun to wake him up. After five squirts, he finally woke up.

Later

 “Great we’re gonna be late!” Woohyun exclaimed sarcastically, while we are walking towards the large gates. “Hyung I never seen you like this!” I acting shocked, putting my hand over my gaped mouth. “Hahaha very funny. You, Dongwoo, and I all know this is a great opportunity. We’re going to the most famous school ever!” great Woohyun’s exaggerating again. I have to admit it is a great opportunity for us to be here, it’s our dream ever since kids to get in here and now we’re walking in the halls of our dream school!

“It’s also where noona works and she says that there’s this boy Howon who is super great at dancing!” I could’ve sworn that Dongwoo hyung is turning red is it hot here? I just shrugged off the thought

We walked towards the principal’s office, Woohyun’s hands sweaty and shaking, Dongwoo admiring all the awards that could be given and me smiling at my hyungs. They are one of the things that I love (in a brotherly way of course!) and I strive to be happy, even though I love to see them getting embarrassed.

“Oh are you three the new students?” the secretary asked. We nodded our heads and she led us to the principal’s office. “Sir the three are here” she introduced us to the man, who is the principal. “Ah yes come in” he stood up and bowed at us, of course we bowed our famous 90-degree bow. “Wow you three are very polite, it’s hard to find students like that, and who are also talented.” He stated and sat down to his. “I know you three just transferred and I’m very glad you are here.” I was surprised that he wanted us to be here, well I understand why he wanted my hyungs but why me?

“You don’t need to be polite sir. What did we do to qualify here?” I asked shyly I could feel my face getting red from embarrassment while my hand is playing the hem of my blazer. He shot me a questioning look and played a video on the TV. Our audition performance.

~~~~~~~~~

After the video of our performance, our mouths were hanging open, Dinowoo hyung’s the largest.

“Close your mouths, boys, you might catch flies” the principal laughed at us. “Also your tests are very great, like what our four students got.” He stated. “Anyway these are your schedules so you have 30 more minutes to find them, good luck.” We walked out of the room we looked at each other’s schedule, my two hyungs smiled while I frowned at mine. Dongwoo has dance, Woohyun has sing and I had biology. Why did they get Talents while I am stuck on academics? I looked at my schedule again; well at least I have singing on my 3rd period.

“Do you want me to go with you to your class?” Woohyun asked me as if I was a little kid. “C’mon Hyun he’s a big boy already!” Dongwoo slung his arm on my shoulder. “Besides, if he gets into trouble he’ll just Diva his way out” I punched his stomach lightly, and he acted like it hurts. “You almost killed me… awww Jongie hates me now” He whined then laughed. “Please I don’t want the last dinosaur to become extinct...” Woohyun laughed at my little joke about Dongwoo. “Well enough that let’s go!” He exclaimed.

We went on our separate ways Woohyun going to his singing class, on the second floor. Dongwoo heading to his dancing class, on the first floor. And I need to go to another building, which is across the gym, Sigh, well a little exercise wont hurt.

“Jongie be careful okay? Don’t get bullied, if someone did bully you just do what you do outside okay!” Woohyun yelled as I turned my back and a lot of bystanders looked at me. My face quickly turned red as I waved my hands in front of me. “H-hyung! I’ll be okay honest!” I stuttered and I ran out of the building. Gosh, that was embarrassing!

 

Woohyun’s POV

I laughed as I saw my brother’s back turned to a corner. It’s not my fault that I’m a very nice brother, well he is a grown up now and I still try to protect him. Yeah we are from a rich adoptive family, our adoptive parents are both musicians traveling all around the world, so I felt like the responsibility to take good care of him, but they are very nice. I mean they are so considerate that they rented us a house, let Dongwoo live in it, sends us our daily allowance (they even give Dongwoo), and lastly let us fulfill our own dreams. They were even shock that Sungjong and I wanted to be entertainer. I accidentally bumped into someone, I fell on the ground while the other person stood his ground. “Watch it will you,” the person growled and put his book away.

“I-I’m sorry for bumping into you” I stood up regaining my composure and looked at the one I bumped into he looked like he’s from a gang or something. I bowed my head and started to walk away from the guy. Suddenly I felt someone grabbed my arm and pulled me to face him. “Do you think you could get away with that?” he smirked at me menacingly, who does he think he is?

“Look I already apologized to you and I don’t need to explain myself to you” I tried to pull my hand free but something was wrong. I felt like my arm weaker than usual.

“You don’t know me huh?” He grabbed the collar of my uniform and pushed me to the lockers, with great force. I winced in pain but stood my ground. “Yeah and I don’t have the pleasure of meeting you either.” I glared at him, at the same time looked at him carefully. His eyes are so small, but I have to say it’s very attractive that way, and his cheeks are puffy like a hamster. I have to admit he is cute if he isn’t violating my personal space.

“Woohyun! Where have you been? You said that I’m going to-“someone exclaimed. It was Key my old friend from my old school. I now remember that he transferred here earlier than I did, and I asked him to tour me. He stopped dead on his tracks when he saw the guy, who was practically lifting me off the floor. “What?” the stranger diverted his attention to Key.

“M-mister Kim S-Sunggyu, w-would you please l-let my f-friend go? He’s the n-new student,” he stammered, so Kim Sunggyu huh? Sunggyu looked back at me with a smirk, he leaned near my ear, and I could feel his hot breath. “Don’t think that this is over” with that, he let me go and walked away. Key immediately went to me as I was fixing my collar. “Good your okay… you shouldn’t do that! Talking back to him rudely may be the last thing you do! I suggest you stay out of his way for your safety” Key panicked while he crossed his arms in front of chest and thought of one of his silly reminders.

“Aish who is that guy? How come you’re scared of him, he’s just a huge jerk” I sighed with frustration. “Well you should too!” he stood in front of and leaned in his head. “Listen to me Hyun that guy is Kim Sunggyu, the school’s best singer, fighter and the leader of the most feared, popular, and hottest for the girls of course.” He quickly added when he saw I raised an eyebrow. “Gang we ever know, Paradise!” His face was too close for my taste so I pushed his head back using my index finger. “Okay he’s from a gang who probably had beaten up tens of guys-“

“Hundreds” Key interrupted.

“Fine, Hundreds, but he is not that scary for me,” I stated, but with the look he is giving me, he clearly wanted to be just safe. “But fine I’ll stay out of his way for you.” I sighed. With that, he hugged me and jumped.

“We’re going to have a lot of fun here! Give me your schedule” he opened his hands and I gave him the piece of paper I have been holding. Key scanned it with a bright smile on his face. “Well we have homeroom, first, and last period together well it’s better than not being your classmate right?” he looked at his watch and looked back at me. “We still have time to get to class” he exclaimed, and walked to one direction.

“You sure where we’re going?” I and I saw him pout. He is very bad at directions from when I remembered.

“Of course I know now let’s go!” we walked together to our first period and I have the feeling that this school year is going to be extra ordinary.

 

Dongwoo’s POV

 

I skipped happily going to my noona’s dance class. She is very nice but sometimes she’s so strict that’s so scary. I turned to a corner and went inside the dance room. I was the first one to get into class because either I’m early or every one is late. Seven forty five, still early. I saw my noona stretching, squatting every now and then, so I decided to surprise her. I put my bag by the corner and waited for the perfect opportunity. When she squatted, again, I sat on her back and she got off balance for a moment but regained it.

“Yah Dongwoo! What are you doing?” She yelled at me, and I laughed because she was squirming to get me off and she succeeds. I sat on the floor laughing, “awww c’mon noona you used to ask me to do the couple’s stretch on you.” I said between laughs.

“Yeah that was when you were a little boy” she smiled at me and ruffled my hair, then hugged me. “My little brother had grown a lot,” she giggled.

She broke away from the hug and stood up “Enough chit-chat you should change your clothes” she helped up and dusted my uniform. “You did remember to bring your clothes right?” she questioned me. “Of course I brought my clothes what kind of person who is having dancing class doesn’t bring dance clothes!” I exclaimed. She looked at me smiling then said. “Woohyun reminded you, didn’t he?”

“Yeah he did” I smiled and blushed while scratching the back of my head. She told me where the changing room was and I was thankful for that. I thought I was gonna be lost again. I practically circled the whole school already. Now I know where the library, need to tell that to Woohyun, the canteen, and the boys bathroom. I was just so happy that other students came to help me with my little problem.

I entered the changing room and saw a lot of boys loitering around. I looked to one of the aisle of the lockers, empty. I just need to hide there until everyone left. I hate to say this but I am err… shy about my body. I don’t strip in front of people I don’t know. I sometimes trot around in only my piggy boxers, in our dorm only, but Sungjong and Woohyun already know how my body looks like. I looked again at my clock, seven fifty. Ten more minutes, please leave now. Well I couldn’t do anything about it. So I daydreamed about the most daebak Howon, like I usually do, I only saw him perform when I sometimes go to this school’s programs. I don’t know him personally but I think I will have no chance to be noticed by him. He is very popular and the fact that I am, how can I say this, lower than him. Hahaha though it will be great to meet him. I heard silence dead silence; I peeked outside and saw only an opened locker next to mine perfect everyone left! I looked at my watch again seven fifty-four. Gah! I’m gonna be late! Noona hates late students! I hurriedly put my bag down in the locker I was assigned to and put out my clothes out then took off my uniform hurriedly, clumsily falling down in the process. I slipped on my white jogging pants, every now and then hitting the locker because I always get off balance and I accidentally hit the door of the other locker. “Gah!” I heard from the other side of the locker when I already held my green sweatshirt on my hand.

“I’m so sorry! I thought no one was left” I apologized and opened the locker slightly. Ottoke! I hit Howon! “Yeah I noticed that when you comfortably banged on the lockers.” He groaned and held his forehead with his hand. I looked at him very worriedly oh no! What if his head is bleeding, what if he got a permanent brain damage! Look he’s even staring at me weirdly.

“Should I get an ice pack or something?” I seem to interrupt his thoughts because he shook his head and looked me in the eyes, I instantly turned red. “I should be going and I’m sorry” I bowed one last time then I hurriedly put my shirt on and dashed outside hitting the bench at the process. I speed walked on the way to her class. Idiot, I’m too shy even to help him. I mentally slapped myself, heck I’m not even worthy to exchange sentences with him! Well I’m going to face the wrath of noona so nothings even worse right?

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

Aish! Where am I? I passed the gym now I’m trying to find the second year Academics building, but where is it? Ah there are bunch of students chatting maybe I should ask them. Unlike my very shy dinosaur of a friend and my greasy brother, I am very confident with myself to ask. I walked towards them and try to make my best smile. One guy looks like he has bouncy hair, and the first thing I noticed is that he has puffy lips, looks good on him I have to admit. The guy next to him has bucked tooth, looks good on him too, and wearing a cap. The last one next to the one with the cap looks like a girl.

“Um…. Hello” I started and did a small bow. I caught their attention, and the three of them looked at me. I feel my face getting warm at this moment Okay maybe I’m a bit shy but whatever what done is done! “Erm… do you know where biology class is? I’m kinda lost and I’m new here” I smiled shyly to these students. They returned it and the one with the cap asked who my homeroom teacher is. “Um…” I took out my schedule paper and scanned it.

“Moon Hee-joon and my next teacher is Eric,” I answered while looking the smile on their faces. “Their also our teacher, by the way my name is Daniel Ahn or Niel if you like” Neil put out his hand and I shook it. “Mine is Sunwoo but I rather like it if you call me Baro” Baro bowed at me and I returned it. “I’m Taemin no nicknames for me” he bowed then laughed. “I’m Lee Sungjong nice to meet you”

“Well since we all have the same class we should get going our friends just texted and their already upstairs” Baro stood up from the bench and took his bag. “You guys don’t know how glad I am to meet you” I sighed in relief. “No problem, you have got to meet our other friends Minwoo and Zelo” Taemin started. “They were excited when we heard we’ll get a new student today.”

“How did you know?” I asked. I was surprised to know that three people knew that a new student is coming; I thought that they‘d know it today. “Are you kidding? The whole school knows, the principal announced it last week!” Daniel I mean Niel flung his arm on my shoulder. Wow, he treats me as if we’ve been friends since forever. I giggled at the thought; it’s great that I gained friends already.

I turned red again when I realized that he mentioned that the whole school knows. “What did the principal say?” I asked and Baro answered me imitating the principal’s voice. “He said ‘new students are going here next week don’t make them feel like a celebrity when they get here. Why are we accepting students you ask? Well we found they are so talented that we had to get at the last minute and they passed all the tests with excellence. So I repeat don’t make them feel like a celebrity but, make them feel welcome.” I giggled at his imitation and we continue to go upstairs, continuing our conversation but we stopped when we heard someone arguing.

“Don’t play games with us Sungyeol, we want to get even with you and L if don’t we’ll put in on these guys instead” a voice boomed across the hallway. We hid by the staircase and peeked a bit at the corridors. We saw a guy standing coolly, another next to him trying to talk out things, while two guys in front of them are holding beaten up boys each.

“M-minwoo and Zelo” Taemin whispered his voice filled with worry. “Why did they beat them up?” Niel leaned back onto the staircase and slumped down. I feel bad for them, so I kept on observing the situation at hand. On the L and Sungyeol’s side, I could hear Sungyeol trying to ease the two holding the poor boys. Then one of them kicked the boy, with brownish hair, on his side. That’s it, easy talking is not going to work. No one should beat up innocent boys! I immediately marched towards the scene. “Sungjong hyung wait!” I didn’t listen to Niel and continue my route.

“Hey!” I shouted with my hands on my hips. I caught their attention and I pointed the two boys when my three friends came by my side.

“Oh lookie here a little wanna be hero?” the guy holding the blonde boy let go of him and went towards me but I stood my ground. “Stay out of this girly or else you’ll be like little Zelo here.” He smirked.

“Hey don’t get other people in this it’s between only us” Sungyeol stood in front while L just looked at me. Stop looking at me! Then I heard a grunt and the bully punched Minwoo again “let Minwoo go!” I shouted and charged up to the person. “Or what?” he punched him again, then let him go and leaned in closer to me and was gonna grab my collar.

“Or I-I’ll…” I tried to think, cant fight him, new student, but before I could say anything, he pushed me away. I fell on the ground, that’s gonna sore, before the bully could do more damage, this guy L had punched him right in the face, and then the guy fell. I just sat back in shock did he just save me?

His comrade tried to attack him by the back; luckily, Sungyeol is there and kicked him. They began fighting each other, but L and Sungyeol easily won but someone was missing, I saw someone at L’s back going to attack him, and then my instinct took over. I high kicked him right at the back, then he fell down and clumsily stood up and retreated with his partner. I don’t know I could do that.

Niel, Baro, and Taemin helped Minwoo and Zelo up. While Sungyeol and L, sitting on the floor, wiped their mouths which are dripping with blood. “Are you two okay?” I asked them, as I walked closer and leaned in.

L just looked at me with cold eyes while Sungyeol smile and nodded. “You should go to the clinic!” I had sweep L’s bangs and saw a bump on his head. He shook his head away, and stood up, not looking me in the eyes and said. “Don’t go in to other people’s fights, it’s none of your business.” With that, he walked away, I pouted while looking at his back.

“You’re welcome,” I said sarcastically but he looked like he didn’t care. I heard Sungyeol laughing, so I helped him up, and he dusted himself. Whoa, he is a lot taller than I thought. “Thank you very much and don’t mind him” he ruffled my hair. “He’s just a little new that someone else saved him. What’s your name?”

“Lee Sungjong, Sungyeol hyung” I bowed down and he returned it. “Well you better get your friends to the clinic, while I am going to see where Myungsoo is, bye” He flashed a mile then dashed off to L’s direction. Wait did he say Myungsoo? Well, I should better go with Niel and the others to the clinic.

Wow it’s just the start of the day and everything is already exciting.