Betrayed

Smile Again {hiatus}

One Year Ago:

Class ended and you came out of your class with a trail of boys on your heels. They insisted on carrying your books but you refused and they kept following you.

Your friends call your name. You smile at them and they greet you.

Then you hear your boyfriend call you name. Your head immediately snaps in the direction you heard his voice. Kim Myungsoo. Your boyfriend.

The boys back away, moping and you apologize to them.

Myungsoo looks at the boys walking away and you smile at him apologetically.

He confessed to you last year. He was nowhere near as popular as you, but you liked him for who he was. You two have been going strong for a year now, and you felt like nothing could rip you guys apart.

You noticed that after you dated him, more and more girls started to confess to him.

You also notice that he has gotten colder and more distant from you.

“Oppa!” You smile and you hug him which he returned half-heartedly.

“What are you doing?” He asks.

“Me? I’m going to the library. Do you want to come with me? There are finals coming up. Mhm?” You smile cutely at him.

“Yeah, yeah, sure. I have nothing else to do.” He shrugged and walked away.

That statement dejected you.

He has nothing better to do? What is that supposed to mean?

You sigh, wave bye to your friends, and follow him to the library. Smiling, you sit down next to him. You get out your books and start to study.

Myungsoo sits down next to you and puts his head down, and plays with a strand of your hair.

“Oppa, do you want me to help you study?” You ask him. Myungsoo doesn’t study. You know that.

“You really think that’ll do anything? I pass anyway.” He scoffs and continues playing with your strand of hair.

“How do you manage to pass all your tests?” You look at him. He was grinning.

“I have my ways.”

 

“Oppa, wake up.” You finally finished studying and Myungsoo fell asleep.

You poked his face and he stirred.

“HyunA, stop it.”

You gasp and step back.

HyunA? Why is he talking about her?

“Oppa?”

“HyunA, I told you to shut up. My girlfriend might catch us.”

“What?” You felt tears filling up your eyes and you felt them fall out of your eyes.

Myungsoo opened his eyes and they widened in shock. You shook your head at him and gathered you books.

“Let me explain! I was— I mean I didn’t do anything!” You shook your head furiously and he tried to grab your shoulders but you shook him off.

“ELLL~~!” A voice called. You blink at the entrance of the library and for a second, your tears disappeared and revealed Myungsoo’s best friend, Lee Sungyeol. The second was up and tears refilled your eyes.

“Yeol, it’s not a good time,” Myungsoo muttered.

“What do you mean?” Sungyeol glanced at you and glared at the ground in front of you while tears fell like a river from your sad eyes. He gasped and asked you what was wrong.

“Why don’t you ask your best friend? I am done,” You whispered in anger and walked away. You ran home, hoping that no one on the street would recognize you.

 

When you got home, you threw yourself on the bed and sobbed.

You called your best friend, Soomi, and told her what had happened.

“THAT GUY IS GOING TO GET IT!” She was livid. She was like your sister, and when something hurt you, she was the one who has to pick up the pieces.

“Mi-ah, I’m okay. I’ll get better…” You whisper.

“I don’t care if you want to brush it off, but I am most definitely not letting this guy off. He should know better than to mess with you!”

You could just imagine her pumping her fist in the air and you giggle at the thought of it.

“You’re laughing at me?! You’ll get it too!” With that she made you burst into fits of laughter and she chuckled happily, knowing that you would definitely make it through this.

 

Sungyeol called your name. It was early in the morning, and he knew you liked to come to school early. You stiffen and freeze. He calls your name again, but you let out a small breath and got back to putting things in your locker.

“Hey, I was calling you.” He breathes out as he reaches your side.

“Now what? What could you possibly tell me?” You say in a monotone.

“I…I want to apologize on behalf of that kid.” He tried to make it positive, because that was the kind of person he was; he always wanted to take the negative and turn it into a positive.

“I don’t need you to apologize for his idiotic mistake.” With that you turn and walk away from him.