Chapter 14

Delusion and Dignity

What had he done?

Sunggyu stood there, frozen, aghast. He didn't know what had overcame him. He hated Woohyun. Hated him. Yet, there Woohyun stood, panting and those swollen lips of his that Sunggyu would deem as absolutely sinful. He clenched his fists as another wave of heat came over him. He wanted to kiss him again.

But no. No. Sunggyu mentally banged his head against walls in his mind. This wasn't... This wasn't making any sense. This was practically his enemy, standing in front of him. Nam Woohyun did nothing than piss him off, ever since he had met him. Damn, Nam was probably playing with him right now as well. Poisening him with these...thoughts, and making him do these illogical outrageous things. 

Now Sunggyu was convinced that Woohyun was doing something to him.

ing bastard.

 He couldn't think, he couldn't breathe, but he knew that he had to get out of there, now. He had to bolt, away from Woohyun and his sickenly drawing presence, away from that panting chest, those red swollen lips, that addicting scent----

Sunggyu scolded himself. Damn it.

He bolted.

He swiveled his feet the opposite direction, and stormed away. Away from his frustrations, and away from Nam Woohyun. He closed his ears, eyes, nose, lips, and prayed for these...feelings to go away. He had to make them go away. It didn't make any sense!

Sunggyu got back into his car and finally sighed a deep sigh of relief. He rested his head against the steering wheel in tired frustration, before starting his engine and driving home. Things have gotten complicated; too complicated, that they were almost blowing out of proportion.

He needed to spend some time away. Sort out his thoughts, but away from all of...this.

Most importantly, away from Woohyun.



 

Two weeks. It has been two weeks since he last saw Woohyun, and Sunggyu currently sat in a coffee shop, deep in thought as his eyes skimmed absentmindedly over the weekly newspaper.

He was almost sure that Woohyun had poisened him somehow. Ever since that kiss, he had done everything in his power to distance himself away from the man. He needed time alone, away from Woohyun as much as possible.

That night, he called his sister on the way home. He didn't want to come back to his apartment with Sungjong, and he wanted someplace else to stay, sort out his thoughts, and hopefully forget. Thankfully, she had an extra room in her house, and Sunggyu gratefully took his belongings to her place, a few hours away in a nearby town. There was a reasonable space and distance between him and his problems, and it was exactly what Sunggyu needed.

So here he was, at the coffee shop. For two weeks, he was working remotely on his university courses from his sister's house, so he was able to find the space that he needed for thinking. Every morning, for the past week and a half, he had come to this coffee shop in the mornings. It was peaceful for him, the warm coffee woke him up, and relaxed him for the new day.

He was almost sure that Woohyun had poisened him somehow that night. How he had acted was beyond his reasoning, even he himself couldn't explain the fire in his stomache that night and the need to touch him. He wasn't supposed to kiss another man. He wasn't supposed to want any of this!

Over the past two weeks, reason had come back to Sunggyu. He concluded that Woohyun had drugged him with something that made him behave irrationally. It was the only explanation, to make him want these things. It was insane.

Sunggyu's hands tightened around his coffee cup. He didn't like Woohyun. He hated him. He will never forgive him, and he never wanted to see Nam ever again.

 

"I'll have a triple, Venti, and soy, no-foam latte please."  

Sunggyu almost choked hearing the voice in the distance behind him.

It can't be.

"What's your name?" The cashier asked.

"Woohyun. Nam Woohyun." The smooth voice said, and Sunggyu's heart dropped.

"Will that be all for you?" 

"Yes, miss," Woohyun chuckled, and Sunggyu could almost hear the hubris in his voice.

Well, .

As soon as Sunggyu caught a glimse of Woohyun at the front counter a few strides behind him, he immediately turned around and prayed that Woohyun didn't see him. What on Earth was Woohyun doing here? Sunggyu didn't have a clue. This coffee shop was hardly any place significant! It was hours away form his own apartment, it was too huge of a coincidence to believe.

Just hearing that smooth voice order coffee was making Sunggyu's heart beat fast, and that alarmed him out of his mind. All those two weeks that he had spent, pondering and forgetting and moving on -- was all coming back to him in that instant with just the sound of Woohyun's voice. He could feel it all over his body now. The heat of his arms as Woohyun had ran his hands over that night, the fiery passion of the kiss they shared two weeks ago, the excitement that had ran through his veins that was now back. 

He felt angry and confused because the time he had spent away amounted to nothing. What was the point of his temporary leave? He wanted to forget Woohyun and move on. But with just hearing a ing coffee order in that cocky voice of his was driving Sunggyu over the edge. The two weeks of distance away didn't work. It was still the same as that night -- the excitement, the heart racing, the feeling -- and now Sunggyu didn't know what to do.

His heart was racing, his arms burned from where Woohyun touched him that night, his lips--

Make it go away.

Sunggyu was ready to leave at that moment. He reasoned in his mind, it would go well. He'd excuse himself from his table and leave, without Woohyun having never seen him. He would keep his thoughts to himself and he-

"Sunggyu." The voice was directly behind him.

-spoke too soon.

Sunggyu slowly turned around to meet his gaze Woohyun's, staring directly at him. That face didn't change one bit, handsome as always. Those lips, a constant reminder of how he felt as it took a generous amount of Sunggyu's power to refrain from kissing them again. He didn't want this. Sunggyu's heart thudded in his chest and he hoped that Woohyun wouldn't notice.

"...Woohyun," Sunggyu forced out, murmuring. He avoided Woohyun's eyes. "What are you doing here?"

 


A/N: Accidentally forgot to check 'Hide Chapter'. This is short, still need to continue it. Another update will come soon. Like tomorrow or something. Hope you enjoyed so far.