Chapter 13

Delusion and Dignity

A/N: short chapters will be short and i don't care~

so I'm going to try to finish this asap. OTL most of spring break was basically me eating and sleeping a lot and now when i'm finally at the end of it i continue writing this huhuhuhu. sorry i won't have time to reply to comments but i read and value all of them <3 spring quarter is coming up ehhh so many classes.

idk why this has so many subscribers. but enjoy the chapter i guess ^^ 

 


“Sunggyu, is that you?”

The said man stiffened, but relaxed at hearing the voice. It was Sungyeol.

Turning around, he held a soft look in his face. “Hi, Sungyeol,” Sunggyu murmured. He was on the rooftop of a secluded building in the college. No one ever went up there, and often times Sunggyu would hike up the seven flights of stairs to just think and relax. Only Sungjong and Sungyeol knew how much Sunggyu (or anyone for that matter) visited this place.

“What are you doing up here?”

Sunggyu took a deep breath. “I’m thinking,” he sighed.

Sungyeol plopped down on the concrete ground next to him, eyes on the horizon before them. “About?”

He looked at the taller man for a moment. “Nothing much,” Sunggyu concluded. “At least, nothing that you should be concerned about.”

Sungyeol slowly nodded. “Alright,” he said. He knew that Sunggyu wouldn’t tell him anything if he didn’t want him to. “If there’s anything that I can do-“

“It’s fine,” Sunggyu stressed. He sighed, “I just need time on my own.”

“Okay,” Sungyeol said, a concerned look on his face. “Are you sure you’ll be fine on your own?”

“Yes,” he replied. “Thanks.”

“I’ll tell Sungjong that you are up here,” Sungyeol got up, dusting his pants. “You’ll come back before dark, yeah?”

“Of course,” Sunggyu murmured.

“I’ll see you around then.”

Sunggyu kept his eyes fixed on the distance of the world below him, even as Sungyeol walked away. The shut of the door when Sungyeol took the stairway down from the roof signaled that he was gone, and immediately Sunggyu slumped and sighed heavily.

His cheek was still burning, where Woohyun breathed on him, two weeks ago. It had been two ing weeks and , Sunggyu was still feeling jolts on his arm where Woohyun had touched him that night.

He did not tell anyone of his first dream of Woohyun, and he would never ever let anyone know of the recurring dreams he had afterwards.

If he thought the first dream was bad, each dream afterwards, that had Sunggyu jolting awake in a cold sweat, a sticky feeling in his pants and flashes of a Woohyun still imprinted in his mind was enough for Sunggyu to conclude that this was definitely not normal.

He wasn’t even gay! Sunggyu scolded himself. But whenever he thought of Woohyun, he wanted to hit something. Whenever he thought of Woohyun, he could still remember the hot breath on his face, the firm grip on his arm, and that disgusting smirk on the bastard’s face.

Make it go away.

And what disgusted him even more, was that deep down Sunggyu secretly wanted all of it. Yes, he wanted all of it. If he ever threw his rational mind away, he would lose his self-control, and that cannot, will not happen.

He had admitted it to himself a long time ago with great difficulty. Why was he feeling this way? Had he been drugged? Sunggyu would kill the man in every deadly way possible if that were true. He hated Woohyun. Hated, with a passion that mirrored a thousand suns. He couldn’t accept it.

Whatever it was that Woohyun was doing to him, it had to stop. He had gone through great lengths over the past two weeks to avoid the man like the plague. For a huge university campus, he thought it would be easy at first, but being honest with himself, avoiding Woohyun was ignoring Hoya, and avoiding Hoya was difficult considering that he was completely innocent in all of this.

Sunggyu needed time to think. And more importantly, he needed to rid his mind of Woohyun, of his touch and presence. He needed time to heal from this….this condition.

Maybe he’ll study abroad somewhere, Sunggyu mused. It had always been something that he wanted to do, and it was more popular nowadays with students in the university. He will be able to think more clearly, and he would be able to cure himself of-

“There you are.”

Sunggyu visibly cringed, in recognition of the voice as his heart beat sped up, thrumming in his chest. Speak of the devil, and he kept his back turned towards the man. Sunggyu willed himself not to speak; he couldn’t trust himself now.

Go away, Nam.

“You’ve been ignoring me,” Woohyun accused, stepping closer to him.

No.

Sunggyu clenched his eyes closed, and willed with all his might that Woohyun would go away and leave him be.

“Why are you avoiding me?” Woohyun stepped even closer.

One meter was all that Sunggyu could stand. When Woohyun stood one meter behind him, Sunggyu stood up abruptly. He couldn’t take this anymore!

“I,” Sunggyu croaked, and cringed at how his voice sounded. “I have to go.”

And just like last time, he walked away. He couldn’t think of anything else to do; he wasn’t used to wanting anyone, let along Nam Woohyun. Maybe with time alone, it would go away. Maybe, with time-

“Are you going to run away again?”

That stopped Sunggyu.

Again?

Sunggyu didn’t answer.

“It’s because of that one dream isn’t it?”

Not just that, Sunggyu wanted to ground out. It was everything; the dream, the touch, the breath, the burning feeling….Everything. It was tormenting him like an itch that would not go away. It was eating away at the vestiges of Sunggyu’s own self-control. It was maddening.

“What are you trying to pull, Nam?” Sunggyu growled, his back still facing the other man.

He would not look at him. Heaven knows what he would do if he looked at him. Sunggyu kept his hands clenched firmly in his pockets.

“I’m just asking a question,” Woohyun replied plainly.

Sunggyu wanted to punch Woohyun an nth time. But he was also this close to pushing the man against the wall and just ravish him. It was outrageous, and Sunggyu was done with all of these thoughts. This wasn’t normal, and Woohyun was doing something to him that made him frustrated beyond his limits.

“What did you do?” Sunggyu hissed. The heart-racing in his chest, the lust for his body, the burning feeling on his arm and cheek…What kind of drug was Woohyun using?

“You think I did something?”

“Yes!” Sunggyu finally glared at Woohyun’s face. Bad mistake, as it fought harder and harder against his self-control. “What did you do?”

He could almost hear Woohyun lift an eyebrow. “I’m sorry Kim, I may be magical among the ladies but I don’t have the ability to manipulate people’s dreams.”

“ you Nam, I don’t care about the dream!” Sunggyu clenched his jaw, hesitating a bit before continuing. “What the were you doing that night at the park?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Woohyun deadpanned, but the glimmer in his eye told Sunggyu that he knew exactly what he was talking about.

“Don’t play with me,” Sunggyu accused.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Woohyun shrugged mockingly. “Just say it.”

Sunggyu took a deep breath. He couldn’t believe he was put into this situation.

“You were flirting with me that night at the park,” Sunggyu hissed. “Why?”

And that night caused everything; it toppled the pillars of Sunggyu’s desires and wants; it caused a flood of feelings that he had never known before, rocking the foundations of his values. For two weeks, he had been in denial, and , now that Woohyun had pushed Sunggyu to a corner he had to choice but to admit these horrible feelings.

Woohyun smirked that knowing smirk, one that Sunggyu wanted to wipe off his face in every deadly way possible. He stalked closer to Sunggyu, taking joy in making the other man uncomfortable. When Sunggyu didn’t bolt, just stood there like an alarmed rabbit, Woohyun leaned in against the man’s ear, and whispered, “Because I wanted to.”

That did it.

Before Sunggyu could even begin to comprehend, his arms shot up out of his own will and crashed their lips together. There had been no time to think, no time for logic. Sunggyu’s instincts screamed that he needed this and for once he threw away all rational thought.

Woohyun’s arms instinctively wrapped around his waist in a similar tight hold, kissing him back with just as much force. It was a molding of lips, teeth, and tongue and there was nothing heartfelt about it. It was two men venting out their frustrations among one another, and it felt too good to stop.

Woohyun felt, tasted better than any of Sunggyu’s latest dreams combined. It was surreal, how their lips molded together, how ing nice Woohyun’s arms felt around him, and how Woohyun was willingly kissing him back. Sunggyu never wanted it to stop.

Before he could comprehend, he had pushed Woohyun’s back against the door to the stairway down, lips still connected, and when Woohyun bit back a moan into his mouth, Sunggyu felt a heated rush that he had never known before.

The feeling of Woohyun’s fingers teasingly leaving trails of burning flesh under his shirt was what stopped Sunggyu, his rational thought finally coming back to him.

.

 He pushed Woohyun away from him with all his might, his eyes fully widened.

Woohyun grunted, lips swollen red and clothes ruffled. He looked absolutely tempting, and Sunggyu tore his gaze away.

…What had he done?