Letting Go

His Shadow

Letting Go

 

Sehun began avoiding Kai ever since that night. No matter how hard Kai tried to talk to him, he would not give him his attention. He couldn’t face him and he was disgusted for making such a move on him. It was a mistake. He was drunk. Why couldn’t he just let it go? He checked his phone and remembered that Baekhyun had asked him to meet up at the park without a proper reason. All he said was that it was important for him to attend.  He checked his watch and saw that he was right on time. Instead of seeing Baekhyun, there was someone else; someone very familiar to him. He froze in his tracks.

 

“Luhan?. . .” He looked exactly like he did the last time they met except he looked more skinny and that old smile that was usually adorned on his face disappeared.

 

“Sehun,” he said, his voice monotonous. They had been set up. He was just as surprised as Sehun but he hid it all. He could not break. He would not let himself break no matter how scared he was.

 

“I haven’t seen you in so long.”

 

Luhan shrugged and smiled. “Yea, it’s been a while.” He acted like nothing was wrong, hoping it would be better if they started on a clean slate. Sehun began taking slow steps forward, his hand reaching out to grab Luhan, causing the latter to back away. “It was you. . . I knew it,” he whispered. “What are you talking about?” Luhan asked. 

 

“That day. . . i-it was you going into the taxi. I thought I was going crazy a-and I,” he sighed, “why didn’t you tell me you were back?”

 

“I don’t know.” 

 

His heart was breaking into pieces. “Tell me something, Luhan.” Sehun stared into his eyes. “Are we really over?” Luhan looked anywhere but him and shoved his hands into his pockets. He didn’t want it to be over but he knew it was the best for both of them. They would probably make the same mistakes, wrong turns, and all that would come out of it was pain so he did what was best, he ended it all.

 

“Yes.”

 

Sehun’s hand trembled as he hugged Luhan tightly. “I promise we can make this work. I promise i’ll treat you right. I can’t let you go,” he managed to choke out.

 

“I’m sorry, Sehun.” He gently pried the other’s arms off of him. 

 

“No, you’re not.” Sehun chuckled bitterly. He stared at the ground and shook his head. “If this is really what you want. . . then I’ll respect your decision.” For some reason Luhan wanted him to say no and he wanted him to fight back but it seemed as if Sehun had let go so easily that it disappointed him.

 

“I guess this is where we part then,” Luhan concluded.

 

“I guess so.”