An Old Friend

His Shadow

An Old Friend

 

Luhan sat in the far end corner near the window of the neighborhood cafe. He was expecting an old friend. As if on cue, the door opened and the person he was hoping to see walked into the room. He sauntered over to Luhan and took a seat. “Nice seeing you,” he chuckled.

 

“I could say the same to you, Baekhyun.” Luhan give a weary smile and sipped his coffee.

 

“What brings you back to Korea?” 

 

Luhan shrugged. “I’ve missed this place.”

 

Baekhyun raised a brow, not happy with his answer but did not press further questions. Neither of them spoke. All they could hear were the voices of the other customers at the cafe and the cafe’s soft music playing in the background. 

 

“Sehun misses you. . . a lot. He hasn’t been doing so well without you.”

 

“And?” Was all Luhan could really say to that statement. 

 

Baekhyun gritted his teeth and glared at him. “That’s all you have to say?”

 

“What do you expect me to do?” 

 

“I expect you to go confront him and settle things once and for all. Do you have any idea how much it hurt for him after you left? If you would stop being such a ing coward then all of this wouldn’t have happened in the first place, dammit.” All the words came out so quickly that he had to calm himself down to catch his breath. Luhan merely smiled back at him, as if he was mocking him.

 

“No. It’s better if I leave him be.” He was scared. He was scared of facing Sehun and seeing the other’s pained expression. It would break his heart into pieces and he wasn’t sure if he could deal with that. He couldn't do it. 

 

" this," Baekhyun hissed, "Talk to me once you get a hold of yourself."  He got up from his seat and gave Luhan a glare before leaving.

 

Luhan was a coward and he was well aware of that.