Chapter Six - The third summer

The longest summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry guys, I’m soooo late with this ff...  and here I come back with a boring chapt full of errors...

Well at least I did it and I’m glad I did, you can either blame or thanks jaemintee and 5starssupporter for that <3

Of course as usual, comments are love~

Hop you’ll like the chibi’s relationship at least ;D

~oO0°0Oo~

 

Happy as a clam, Changmin woke up with the sun and seemed more excited than ever. With all the efforts he could do to prevent himself from waking up Jaejoong who was still sleeping in the bed they shared, he bypassed his hyung to go out of the room and sneaked in the corridor with no hesitation.

 

Today was an important day. For the first time, Changmin will go to school in Busan. He went to kindergarten in Seoul and also started the school year with the kids around the same age few months before. But in Gadeokdo, like most of the children under six years old, he stayed at home, with Mrs Kim.

 

Jaejoong on the other hand started going to school two years ago. Changmin didn't miss to notice how much time with Jaejoong school took from away him. But every day when he was coming back, he spent a long moment explaining to the youngest all the fascinating things he did at school. Changmin was always very attentive and amazed by his hyung like the little boy he was. Changmin had always liked to learn, but with his hyung, as a teacher, he liked it even more.

 

As they grew up, Jaejoong began to tease the younger, showing off all the things he learned. But the teasing was never more than a game between them and every time a simple pout on Changmin's face was enough for him to feel guilty and turn into a caring brother. If Jaejoong like the harmless jokes, he was way more bitter when someone else tried to tease his little dongsaeng.

 

Changmin was glad when Jaejoong protected him in front of his schoolmates. And even if Jaejoong kept telling him how school could be boring sometimes, Changmin had never been happy to stay at home when the older was going to school. Most of the time, he found other things to do, but the best moment had always been in the afternoon, when Jaejoong was coming back.

 

This year though, Jaejoong wouldn't go to school without him. Changmin turned six this year and could now join the other kids at the primary school. Smiling like he just received a whole tray of ice cream, Changmin drank the milk Mrs Kim prepared for him.

 

For the first time, he would be able to do the same things as Jaejoong. He would learn all those things Jaejoong already knew and would be able to play with him during the whole day. Almost bouncing on his chair, Changmin could already imagine how wonderful the day would be.

 

-You look particularly happy today, Min-ah, Jihye smiled while she prepared the boy's bags to add their meals.

-I'm going to school with pretty-hyung ! He exclaimed, as if this mere reason could explain all the happiness of the world.

 

The woman laughed quietly and patted Changmin's head affectionately.

 

-You really want to go to school, right?

 

Changmin agreed with lot of conviction and quickly eat the hot toasts waiting for him in the plate. Few minutes later, Jaejoong was rushing down the stairs and sat at the table.

 

-You are late, I saw your sister waking you up though, his mother noted. Hurry up or else you will be late at school.

 

Jaejoong nodded and took the bowl full of rice his mother gave him. The two boys ate their breakfast and Jaejoong who was always eating fast was the first one to stand up, ready to leave.

 

-Ready! And not late at all! He noted for his mother as he showed the clock on the kitchen's wall, a playful smile on the corner of his lips.

-I noticed, Jihye smiled as she shook her head amused. Put on your shoes and take your bag instead of bragging little one, she added.

 

Jaejoong obeyed and took all his stuff before he headed to the entrance.

 

-Pretty-hyung ! He heard behind him, followed by some loud little footsteps. I'm going to school too!

-I know, Jaejoong answered. I wasn't leaving yet.

 

Changmin observed him for a minute but didn't seem completely convinced. Barely looking away, he hurried to take his bag and put his shoes at his turn. Standing in the hall with his bag on his back, he waited next to Jaejoong. Behind them, Jihye opened the door and kept it open for them to go out.

 

-Be careful Jaejoong, you are the hyung, so you have to take care of Changmin, okay? Jihye recommended from the entrance door.

 

Jaejoong caught Changmin's hand and showed their locked fingers to his mother.

 

-Protected !

 

Amused, Jihye nodded and kissed their forehead to wish them a good day. Hand in hand, both boys went out by the pathway behind the restaurant to reach the street doing down to their school. It wasn't far and most of the children in the area were going there alone. But Jaejoong today was really glad to have this responsibility, to be the older one. He who was the younger of his family was particularly happy to be able to act like a big brother few months every year with his cute Changmin.

 

Many times during the time they walked, Jaejoong had to slow down to wait for Changmin and prevent him from running behind. Once they reached the bottom of the street, Jaejoong stopped his steps and looked at the younger boy by his side.

 

-You're really small in fact, he stated as he tilted his head.

 

Eyes wide open, Changmin looked at him surprised, not expecting the remark.

 

-It's normal, I'm only six. Mom said I'm good for my age, protested the younger kid who had heard this already before.

-Maybe... but still you're quite small for a six year old. I was way taller when I was six.

 

pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter