Chapter Three - Part 2

The longest summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yup the chapter had been almost ready for a while, just needed few things, so it came quite fast, right? ^^ 

As you noticed, the ff became 'friend-only' so if you're reading now, it means I got your support before, then Thank you! 

This is the last part for this period, it might be a bit confusing, but well... I hope you'll like it! 

~oO0°0Oo~ 

Shocked by Jaejoong's hasty departure, Changmin stayed standing alone in the middle of the courtyard for a long moment. He didn't have time to assimilate all the information, even less to be able to understand them, and Jaejoong had laready been running away without giving him a chance to answer. Instead, he was there, almost anaesthetised, look blank as he contemplated the palce his friend had been a short time before.

 

When he finally sobered up, he walked back on the path he previously took with Jaejoong. Dragging his feet, lost in his thoughts and desperately trying to integrate all the things he learned today, he went back to the house.

 

He didn't have to wonder a long time to notice Jaejoong was obviously trying to steer clear of him. When he stepped in, he noticed him doing many different things, moving a lot, but usually as far as possible from him. He seemed to try to avoid him as much as possible. He eluded his gaze, his presence and even volunteered to do the grocery shopping in Busan, one thing he never did without complaining about it for hours.

 

Not daring to protest, Changmin chose to give to Jaejoong the distance, he seemed to need for now. When once again he saw him disappear in the nexst room, Changmin didn't even try to come close and walked toward the counter. with a heavy sigh, he let his body fall against the wood, feeling suddenly tired.

 

-Oh Changmin! You're back, Jihye said as she came close to the young man.

 

Around them, the room was now empty and the lady of the house was now cleaning the room while her husband was cleaning the kitchen. Quickly, Changmin straightened and looked up toward the woman who partially raised him. He didn't like to bother her and forced a small smile to reassure her. After all, he had no reason to bother and involve her in the self-debate he was facing. With no intention of hiding anything from her, he yet didn't mean to share the feelings struggling inside his heart.

 

He owed a lot to her, and as a good son, he preferred to spare her his torments, this conflict. He and Jaejoong were grown up already, they didn't need her to be the mediator any more. She had played this role enough times during their childhood to be exempted from such position now.

 

-Yes, I just came back.

 

Jihye approached him and nodded. When she reached his sides, she leaned at her turn against the counter and his hair, replacing some locks the way she did it so many times since he was a kid. Head low, he let her without a protest. He didn't allow many people to have this kind of gesture toward him, but Jaejoong's mother had always received special treatment.

 

“What are you going to do now?” she asked softly.

 

Surprised, he lifted his head and looked up and down at her with an interrogative gaze.

 

“Maybe you should go back,” he told her thought, “don't you think?”

“Go back?” Changmin repeated, lost.

“Go back to Seoul,” she explained.

 

A sad expression appeared on Changmin's face with those words, remembering him the ones he heard from Jaejoong.

 

“I don't throw you out, you know I would never do that, she immediately said,” putting her hand on Changmin's arm, reassuring and comforting.

 

He nodded and murmured a word looking like “m-yes” grateful and reassured.

 

“Jaejoong will leave soon,” Jihye started again carefully. Don't feel forced to wait for his departure. You're not obligated to come, are you? You know, I'm really happy every time you are with us, I had always been, since the first time and I always tried my best to show you you were part of this family, but I don't want you to be trapped here.

 

Her voice was different from her usual tone. Cautious and slightly worried too. Changmin couldn't really point out what gave him this impression in those clear and soft words, but he knew it was there.

 

“Trapped? I'm not trapped, umma... Changmin denied with a childish pout he kept hidden only for her to see.

“hum~ I don't want you to be hurt,” she finally said with a kind of sigh.

 

Changmin frowned without understanding. Since he didn't get any answer, he started to explain his point of view with fervour, hoping to convince Mrs Kim of his determination. They all seemed to think the same way about him and he couldn't understand why. But if he couldn't convince Jaejoong, maybe could he at least convince her to take his side.

 

“I... I've always been more at ease here than in Seoul. You are like my family, the most important persons in my life with my parents. You two... no, you three, with Jaejoong, even if it's different, of course,” he corrected, making a face without noticing, “you have special place in my heart,” he confessed, without thinking about the implied meaning of his words.

 

Touched, Jihye smiled and kindly brushed the young man's forearm. Her face shining with all her kindness and showing her concern, she lovingly the skin under her finger.

 

“I know that... I know, she finally said, a bit pensive, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter