Chapter Two - Part 1

The longest summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fufufu so much narration ! Sorry if it's a bit slow people, yet this is a slow story ..XD

I'm back on this one now, I hope you didn't forget about it and forgive me for being so late !

 

I'm currently thinking of changing this ff into 'friends only' or 'invitation' due to this

Comment are more than welcome :D

Enjoy !

*~.oO0Oo.~*

 

Lost in his thoughts, he raised his head and felt Jaejoong gaze on his body. It almost burned his skin. He always had had this power and depth in his eyes. If it didn't scare Changmin like it does for some strangers, it could still destabilize him. Sometimes, he had the impression that Jaejoong could infiltrate his thoughts. A shiver ran down his spine and his looked away toward the window, then down.

 

"Ch-Changmin?" Jaejoong stuttered with difficulty, looking at him with a mixed feeling of hope and guilt.

 

Changmin stayed a long moment watching his hand rested on his kneels. He didn't dare to look toward Jaejoong. He was afraid of what he could read in his eyes without really knowing why. He didn't want, he couldn't.

 

Not now.

 

"I'll come back." He barely whispered while he stood up. "I'll be out for a little while, kay."

 

For now, he needed to be alone. Well, maybe not exactly alone, but he wanted to be away from Jaejoong for a little while. He needed to think, and thinking had always been more difficult with his pretty hyung by his side. He saw Jaejoong walk toward him, probably to hold him back, to talk, explain, sympathise with him... he didn't know which solution was the right, but he was sure it was one of them. It was difficult to explain, but he knew, that's all. They spent fifteen years of their lives caring about each other, sharing their thoughts and enjoying the other's presence after all. They knew everything about each other.

 

At least, I thought, Changmin sighed in silence.

 

With a quick glance, he dissuaded Jaejoong from following him and he knew with his reaction that the elder felt hurt. Though, he shouldn't be the one hurt, right? Changmin thought when a feeling of guilt appeared. Like an idiot, he couldn't refrain the reassuring smile he sent toward Jaejoong. A smile a bit forced, but a still a smile. And Jaejoong answered it weakly.

 

Changmin walked away and Jaejoong let him be. During his whole path toward the door, so short but looking so long, the younger tried his best to escape his gaze. He closed fast the door behind him when he reached it and left Jaejoong alone in the middle of the room. Surely his run away wouldn't help their situation, but he needed to think more about this news he had a lot of difficulties to accept.

 

In front of the door, he raised his head up to the sky and tried to smile toward the radiant sun. His smile was weak and not so sincere thought. Somehow, it gave him a bitter-sweet impression. Normally, the sweet sun of Busan warmed up his heart. It always had this he_didn't_know-what appeasing. But today, he didn't manage to free his mind. A sigh escape his lips again and he went out through the little path.

 

This year, he came by train and completed the trip from the station with a taxi. However, few hours before, he passed this street walking. Like he always has done it during years. The sound of the pebbles under his feet always reminded him the easy living of the place. It reminded him all those games, pranks, fights and mad dash that happened in this alley, year after year, with Jaejoong.

 

When he arrived at the junction, he didn't want the driver to come forward on the gravel path. It was his, their, the place of their first meeting, fifteen years ago. He didn't want to enter there with a stranger. He was sure more than one stranger already stepped on it, but for his comeback, he didn't want, he prefered to keep his sweet memory the way it was. Already, when he arrived in the humble city, sat at the back of the taxi, an unusual feeling invaded him. It was the first time he was coming alone after all.

 

So many first times in this place, he sighed once again.

 

Nonchalantly, he went around the buildings he knew by heart. Without noticing it, he walked down the street that leaded to the centre of the city and runs along the main park. Like he did it many times, he sat in the middle of the yellowish grass and contemplated his surroundings. Since his childhood, the proportions of the streets and houses seemed different from what it had been. A certain number of things had changed. Starting with himself.

 

A bit further, he contemplated the swing oscillating alone. The day was under way but the children were still at school and their pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter