Chapter Two - Part 3

The longest summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I made this in the beginning of the week, but it'd been hard to post afterwards due to the situation.

It's short, I cut the chapter in two, next should come by the end of the week.

Anyway, here is a bit of explanation ... 

It's a bit shaky, but as usual, I hope you like and might try the effort to just share a bit your thoughts about it

oO0°0Oo

 

Thoughtful, Changmin replayed again and again Yoochun's words in his mind. Did he really think about it this way? Was he talking about the same kind of love, the one he wanted to keep close deep inside his heart and yet wanted to share so much?

 

He didn't get anything more than a kind and comforting smile from Yoochun and he didn't dare to ask again. However, the words resounded, soft and light to his ears. For a while, he was happy to keep them in mind, lulled by the tender hope it created.

 

During a moment, he stayed still, contemplative, taking a stroll around his own thoughts. Without really appease his heart, the short talk managed to open new possibilities for Changmin and he contemplated all of them lengthily. Few long minutes later, his attention focused back on his friend. His lack of answer bothered him again and new questions appeared one after the other.

 

“How long do you plan to stay?” He suddenly asked, surprising Yoochun who thought the talk was already over.

“I don't know,” the other answered.

 

Changmin nodded few times and tried to forget the pinch in his chest. Indeterminta, this period was too long already. With no date for his comeback, the spark of hope in his heart seemed to die under the endless time of their separation. Once again, Yoochun's voice, unexpected, managed to calm him down a bit.

 

“Well at first, we thought about one year,” he started, “but Jaejoong's formation is eight months and then we want to travel but well, nothing's sure yet... we don't have any flight back yet.”

“You... you mean you never planned to really live there?” Changmin exclaimed, unable to refrain his sudden raise of voice.

“You didn't know?” Yoochun looked at him stunned, eyebrows raised.

“No,” Changmin murmured, still feeling emotional and shocked. “I thought...”

 

He let his voice fade and sent a wondering gaze toward Yoochun. He hoped to find there the answer to all the questions he couldn't ask out loud.

 

“Actually, going to the US is my idea,” Yoochun answered with a wince showing his feeling of guilt. “I wanted to travel and I've always wanted to see what America looked like,” he explained, “so I earned a bit of money with some jobs to go there for a while. Yunho got interested too and we decided to ask for one year visa, find a work there and try to live by ourselves.

 

He stopped a moment and let his thoughts go away for a short second.

 

“Discover the world, another life, speak in English...” he smiled and added, “you know, here everything is rather abstract, almost too easy. It's easy to get bored.”

 

Changmin waited the rest of the story with impatience and send an insisting gaze toward Yoochun, with hope he won't stop talking yet. The latter understood fast what was expected of him and continued.

 

“Jaejoong decided this later. Or should I say, he only took his decision at the last minute.”

 

«Why? » «when? » «How? » Changmin began to fight against all the question coming to his mind. If he really wanted to know what Yoochun had to say, he better not cut him with question he probably wasn't able to – or willing to – answer. He wanted to know and understand. He wanted to, but he knew he wouldn't feel satisfied to hear an empty apology he would have forced. Yoochun seemed to understan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter