Chapter Four - The first meeting

The longest summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here is the first 'chibi' chapter !!

okay so, I'm trying a totally different fanfic structure here.

I hope you like the fanfic's disposition since it's not really usual I guess.

So at the beginning, I thought it would be quiet short ... but finally I guess it won't be short at all. Over 2000 words!!  KANPAI ! XD

I changed the parent's name because I wanted to make them a 'new' life. But for Jaejoong's sisters, I used the real ones.

And please, don't forget to subscribe and comment to tell me your thoughts :p

ENJOY !

*~.oO0Oo.~*

 

The sun still standing in the sky barely began to turn reddish when the Shim car arrived in Gadeokdo. Her husband at the wheel and his son sleeping behind, Kyungjin contemplated the colourful scenery.

 

From the entrance of the city, they had been informed in details about the way they had to take, afraid that Kyungjin had forgotten. They drove along modest buildings and arrived in a perky district in the middle of which was a charming small restaurant.

 

They s in and out behind the constructions and reached a path surrounded by shrubs. The car's weight let marks of their passing in the gravel. They finally stopped in front of a door in the backyard. Kyungjin recognized it immediately as the one from her childhood and a nostalgic smile appeared on her lips.

 

Kyungjin got down of the vehicle with an enthusiasm and haste she thought she had lost over the years. When she closed the door behind her, she couldn't help but close her eyes to breath in deeply. The air had this familiar odour from the countryside she didn't smell for a long time. Her daydream was interrupted by a voice directly coming from her crazy youth.

 

"Welcome home Jin-ah~" Jihye greeted her.

 

Kyungjin recently become Madame Shim, was originar from Busan. She had spent a long part of her childhood and adolescence there before she left the region for her studies. Since kindergarten, Kyungjin and Jihye were friends. Jihye was few years older, but around here, it didn't matter that much.

 

The two women had spent long years of school side by side, never leaving the other. The promise they did then to never forget their friendship, they took it despite the distance and time. Even after more than ten years of separation, they knew they could rely on each other. They kept regular contact, even if not so frequent, but their friendship never faded and they were both really proud of it.

 

Thus, it was naturally that, when the job she occupied with her husband called them to spend three months abroad, she thought about Jihye.

 

Become Madame Kim in the prime of life and almost immediately mother, jihye had stayed in Busan after her wedding. Yet, she still frequented Kyungjin until she left high school. She had eight daughters, now all grown up. And Jihye shared most of her time between her youngest son and the restaurant she had inherited with her husband.

 

The first time the idea appeared, they talked about it together without taking it seriously. Then, as the date approached, they reconsidered the question until Jihye really offered to welcome him into his house.

 

She hesitated for a long time. But Kyungjin was resolute, convinced that no other solution could be better. After all, her friend was a mother and had large family. She knows without difficulty how to take care of another child. Moreover, she reassured her saying she would be pleased to have his son home, having herself a boy not much older. His last reason was a bit subjective, but Mrs Shim was also pleased to offer him son a bit of the peaceful countryside that lulled her own childhood.

 

She was convinced this way, he will learn about another world, another life, away from Seoul. And maybe, it will also permit the shy boy to open up to the environment he was sometimes defiant to.

 

Her childhood friend in front of her, Kyungjin went to hug her. They shared a long embrace before they separated. Her husband went out of the car and came to greet her at his turn.

 

"You had a good trip?" Jihye asked to the young couple.

"Really good. A bit too long, but no problem at all." The second woman explained.

"Nice."

 

Jihye looked around and put back his eyes on his two guests.

 

"Where is the ?"

"In the car, sleeping. Travel had been long for him, he's not used to it."

"I understand, poor thing." Jihye said with a nod.

"In fact, I think he was awakening when I stopped the car." Mr Shim corrected.

 

Kyungjin had a surprised expression and walked near to the car. She opened the door and found the little boy eyes wide open, quietly sat in his booster seat and his belt still tied.

 

"Changmin." She called gently. "You can drive down you know, we arrived."

 

The toddler untied his belt and jumped out of his seat. Completely awake, it's with a vivacious expression he drove down the car and observed from afar the person looking at him next to his father. But more than the woman, it was the environment that caught his attention.

 

Always on the look-out, he didn't know which way to turn. So many trees, flowers, colours... more than he had ever se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter