Chapter Two - Part 2

The longest summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

New chapter! here it is, one more and then back to the old times~ ^^

I'm currently thinking of changing this ff (well alll the ff actually) into 'friends only' or 'invitation' due to this

Comments are love<3

Enjoy~

~.oO0°0Oo.~

 “Do you want to come in?” Yoochun asked him as he walked on the side to let Changmin enter.

 

Changmin didn't answer but he still went in. the first thing he noticed when he entered were Yoochun's messy luggages in the living room.

 

“So you're really leaving, aren't you?”

 

The expression on his face serious and compassionate, Yoochun glanced toward his luggages and nodded.

 

“Truthfully, I didn't know if you would come,” he said as if the fact could explain the whole situation. “Jaejoong wanted to believe you wouldn't, but somehow I'm pretty sure he knew you would anyway.”

 

Still silent, Changmin shook his head without really agreeing or disprove, visibly uncertain. That was right, he heard about that, everybody seemed to doubt he would be coming, but was it really an excuse? A reason to leave so far away without telling him?

 

“Do you want to talk about it?” Yoochun suggested with his usual composure.

“Not really. I'd like to stop thinking about it,” Changmin said bitterly. “But I'm not even able to think about anything else,” he added in low voice, like a half-confession.

 

Yoochun didn't answer, but he slowly his back to sooth him. A simple gesture yet a good way to show his support. Then, carefully, he led him in the living room and Changmin followed, putting up no resistance, way too lost in his recurring thoughts.

 

“I can't understand him,” Changmin said suddenly, unexpectedly ready to share the heavy feelings bothering his heart.

 

Without cutting him, Yoochun incited him to sit, what he did without thinking. Eyes lost somewhere on the ground he was dwelling on in a continuous loop the same thoughts .

 

“Last year we... I thought...” Changmin shook his head with a sigh of desperation and look up toward his friend. “I was wrong all along right?” He asked Yoochun, but more to scold himself than to get any answer.

“Changmin...” Yoochun called softly.

 

He stopped a moment and seemed to be thinking quickly of the end of his sentence. He gave a hint of a smile and put his hand on Changmin's thigh while he finally decided to continue his sentence.

 

“Changmin.. I'm not the one who should tell you all this.” He started. “I'm not supposed to say anything … I promised Jaejoong I wouldn't, but for once, I won't keep it.

 

Changmin looked at him, gaping, too surprise to hear Yoochun was disposed to break a promise he made with Jaejoong. Between them, it was impossible. The two friends had always been on the same wavelength, ready to do anything to not betray the other. Changmin had always been a bit jealous of this symbiosis between them. But this time, Yoochun was telling him he was ready to break a bit of this trust they shared. Changmin could barely believe him.

 

“I do it for him, for both of you,” Yoochun explain as he faced the younger man's doubtful expression. “You need to understand.”

“Understand?” Changmin repeated with a fake laugh. “Is there really something to understand?” he asked without waiting for any particular answer.

 

He let his thoughts led him far away for a second and shook his head once again.

 

“I thought... I was stupid.”

 

By his side, Yoochun was moving much. Both were good friends, but the situation was clearly new. Since his younger age, Changmin wasn't one to show often his weakness. Yoochun despite being a close friend had never been close enough for him to show his inner wounds so openly. Only Jaejoong, since they were living together, and sometimes Junsu who became his best buddy since middle school, were occasionally confronted to such behaviour from their magnae.

 

Yoochun, was very close to Jaejoong. And as Jaejoong's friend, he sometimes played the role of the teasing big brother with Changmin. Sometimes he had also been a mediator between both when they were fighting for some unknown reasons, but never more. This time, though, Changmin went to him to ask for help. Probably because he was the most capable of explaining Jaejoong's way of acting. Yet, touched by this new act of trust and Changmin's visible pain, Yoochun decided he had to help him as much as he could, without breaking his other friend's confidence.

 

“You know, Ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter