Be my girl

I love you...but you don´t love me

Sometime I slowly regained consciousness but I couldn´t really open my eyes again yet. It happened very slow and first I only perceived voices. "She has to wake up sometime! Does it really operate that long?" That was Heechul. "Don´t you worry, Sungmin? She looks like dead..."  Suddenly I felt a pricking on my left cheek and I grimaced like a snail that collected its feelers as soon as you would touch it.. "Oh. I think she´s awake.", Heechul stated. I slowly opened my eyes and looked directly in his face since he sat over me and looked down at me as if I was a neonate. "Gosh, you can really make someone freak out!", he told me. Then Sungmin came out of the bathroom. "How are you feeling?", he wanted to know. Heechul also looked at me and waited for me to say something. "Uhm...At least I can see you.", I answered and smiled slightly. "You were sleeping for hours! It´s already 3 am!", Heechul told me. "Wha? Why aren´t you sleeping? Aish, this guy.."   "Don´t worry. He won´t come back too soon." Heechul winked at me. I looked at him, then at Sungmin. "Thank you. For taking me out of there. I don´t know what would have happened if..."  Sungmin was still looking at me worried but then glared at Heechul who only grinned at him as if he didn´t get anything. Sungmin coughed slightly.  "Hm? Do you want me to go?", Heechul asked innocently. He turned to me once again. "Bounce back soon, alright? If you faint again I´m probably going to keep poking you again until you wake up.", he explained and laughed before he stood up and left me alone with Sungmin. 

 

Sungmin took my hand and watched how his fingers were playing with mine. "Yoomi...I´m so silly...", he began. He looked depressed. "I don´t want you to think that I´m playing with your feelings...because it´s not like that..." He frowned.  "I took too long...but I still got hope that it might not be too late yet..." He then remained silent for a moment and bit his lip. "I know about the thing with Kyuhyun-ah...So I know ýou probably have to be really confused right now... But I have to say it no matter what. Yoomi-ya, I love you. I really do. And I´m sorry that it has taken me so long to realize..." He looked a bit ashamed. How can you say that now, I thought. I mean now? And how can I take it serious? How can I believe you? I should talk to Kyuhun, I thought. I needed to know if there was more behind the kiss. I didn´t want to destroy their friendship as well. It would all be because of me. How could I be together with Sungmin if Kyuhyun...Wait. But why was I thinking about it... I mean it wasn´t like I didn´t care for Kyuhyun but I´ve been in love with Sungmin for so long now... My heart should be practically bound to him. "Yoomi-ya...?", Sungmin said after I had remained silent for quite a while because I was somehow shocked. "Do you still want to be with me?", he asked. ...How should I answer to that? It was so difficult bringing words out of my mouth and my heart was racing. "Sungmin, I...-" Suddenly there was a knocking from the door and we both looked backward. As the door slowly opened an anxious looking Kyuhyun poked his head inside. What the hell were these guys normally doing at this time? Why seemed everyone to be still awake? When he saw me sitting on my bed he eventually came in and shut the door quitely behind him. But he didn´t come closer but remained where he was standing and I saw him biting his lip. At the same time I noticed Sungmin looking away and I could literally feel the tension between both of them. When I met Kyuhyun´s eye he looked worried. "Are you alright?", he asked with low voice. I nodded slightly. "Heechul just met me and told me what happened so...I just wanted to make sure you´re okay.", Kyuhyun explained. I smiled at him. "Thanks, I´m okay... I guess I was lucky." For the next few seconds noone said something until Kyuhyun rose to speak again. "I guess we should let you rest. Try to sleep.", he said and with that he practically forced Sungmin to leave as well. Sungmin frowned and nodded and finally left with Kyuhyun. There I was sitting in my bed trying to grasp what just happened. The tension between the two boys had almost been unbearable. I felt like I was sitting between two lions at mating season.