N I N E

Sakura Falling

Soojung had been packing her bag for weeks. Her mother had agreed on buying a ticket to Korea over the autumn break and Jinri’s parents had agreed on letting Soojung stay with them for a week.

The only condition on letting Soojung go was that Sooyeon would come with her. But Sooyeon would live with her old friend, Yuri, so there would be no problem with that either.

It made Soojung’s chest heavy to know that the stay was only for one week. She had wished that she could stay there a little bit longer.

~*~*~

“Knock, Knock” Soojung heard Sooyeon’s voice from the other side of the door. A few seconds later, the door opened and Sooyeon stepped inside the room.

“Are you excited?” Sooyeon asked as she placed her arm around Soojung’s shoulders.

Soojung took a look on the calendar over her bed. It was just a few days left until the two sisters would go back to their loved home-country.

“I’ve missed them so much” Soojung smiled. “Jinri, Sehun and…” Soojung left the last name unspoken. But they both knew what name she meant.

“And Jongin?” Sooyeon walked around in Soojung’s room for a bit.

Soojung nodded. “Him too”

“You don’t have to hide your feelings for him. I made a mistake when I tried to make you change how you felt and move on. It killed me to see how sad you were while being so far away from him. “Sooyeon smiled to her sister, who couldn’t see it. “But I know what true love is. It’s the love you and Jongin share for each other”

Soojung was already lost in her thoughts about Jongin.

~*~*~

Jongin and Hyeji was sitting on Jongin’s bed. They were both dressed in their school-uniforms and they were about to leave for school.

The atmosphere around them were heavy and awkward. Hyeji had just confessed her feelings towards Jongin.

Jongin didn’t know what to say and he had been trying to figure out what to say. He knew that whoever he chose in the end; the other one might be hurt. Or he might be hurt as well. But there was only one thing he could do now; follow his heart.

“Please…” Hyeji’s voice was about to break. “Say something”

Jongin’s hands ran through his hair.

“I’m flattered” Jongin took a deep breath and tried to find a good way to end his sentence, but Hyeji was faster:

“But you don’t like me” she said. “It has always been about Soojung hasn’t it?”

Jongin looked at Hyeji, the look in her eyes were almost painful. He didn’t want to break her heart.

“You’re a good friend” Jongin hoped to ease Hyeji’s serious look in her face. “But my heart has always belonged to Soojung”

Hyeji stood up and fixed her hair and uniform. She turned around and faked a smile to Jongin.

“I’ve lost” she grabbed her bag “Have fun with your girlfriend, on the other side of the earth”

With those words, Hyeji left the room and the house. Jongin heard how she politely said good-bye to his mother before the door slammed and the house was filled with a dark silence again.

Jongin lied down on his bed. He might just have screwed it up with the only girl, within a good distance, that probably ever will like him.

But he didn’t care.

~*~*~

“What’s up with the extra bed?” Sehun sounded confused. He had followed Jinri home after school and was now standing inside the room. He watched how she put on blankets and pillows into an extra-bed in the already tiny room.

“I’ve promised to keep it a secret” Jinri bit on her lower lip. “But that was to Jongin and not to you”

She walked a few steps away to open the window. The chilly autumn-breeze was filling the room.

“Soojung is coming for a visit over the autumn-break” Jinri smiled brightly towards Sehun. “It’s in four days. She will live here with me. She will also come to school, as a surprise for Jongin”

Sehun’s eyes widened. His expression was shocked for a couple of seconds until it changed and became happy.

“You’re kidding, right?” Sehun laughed. “This is terrific news!”

Jinri nodded and grabbed Sehun’s hands. “But you have to keep it a secret for Jongin”

Sehun stretched out his pinky and Jinri grabbed it. “I promise”

~*~*~

Sooyeon was sitting around the kitchen-table. She had been discussing a few things with her parents.

“I just think that it’s wrong to have two people that love each other this much parted.” Sooyeon said. “Look at them, they can’t stop loving each other now even though an ocean is between them”

Mr. Jung stood up from the kitchen-chair, he slammed his hands into the table. It was clear that he was angry at Sooyeon’s small suggestion.

“But she’s only eighteen! How cans he know that he’s the one?!” he almost yelled.

Lucky for them, Soojung wasn’t at home right now. Kris had asked her to come over for a dinner. It had been Sooyeon’s suggestion from the begging, just to keep her away while they discussed this.

“I’ll live with her. So if everything is screwed up with Jongin, she won’t be alone” Sooyeon looked into her father’s eyes.

“You’ll act stubborn and won’t give up right?” Mr. Jung asked.

Sooyeon stubbornly on her head.

~*~*~

“While in Korea, you’ll see your ex right?” Kris sounded cold.

Soojung nodded, he touched Kris’s cheek but he jumped a few steps away from her. He was angry, Soojung could sense it. She had gotten to know Kris a lot during this time.

“I’ve hurt you, right?” Soojung asked carefully.

“It’s nothing I can’t handle” Kris smiled. “I guess that I only knew Krystal Jung, while he knew Jung Soojung. And Soojung were the real you. I wish that I could’ve known Jung Soojung as well.”

Kris smiled and Soojung smiled back.

“You’re my best American friend” Soojung patted Kris gently on his head.

Kris chuckled. No one could resist the cuteness Soojung sometimes was able to pull off.

“And you’re the best friend I’ve ever had” Kris looked at Soojung as she leaned her head on his shoulder. “That guy sure is one lucky guy”