F I V E

Sakura Falling

There was nothing but darkness around him when he decided to pick up the phone and call the person on speed-number six.

Soojung.

Five signals passed before she picked up the phone.

“Hello?” her voice sounded dead and tried.

Jongin felt how his heart dropped when he heard that, he wanted to hear the happy and cheerful Soojung as he always had known and loved.

“It’s me. Jongin” Jongin swallowed. “Are you okay?”

For a couple of minutes, Jongin could hear nothing but breaths from the other end of the line. He didn’t know why Soojung didn’t answer his call.

“Why are you calling? It will be expensive for you” Soojung finally answered.

“I know; I just had to hear your voice” Jongin felt how tears began to push on under his eyelids. “One last time”

A deep sigh was heard from the other end of the line, it was obviously Soojung who sighed. “Okay… how are you? How’s Sehun doing? Is Jinri fine?”

Soojung asked questions like a robot, as if she felt like she had to answer those questions. Jongin didn’t like this conversation at all.

“They’re all fine, so am I.” Jongin bit his lower lip. “I miss you”

Sobs were heard from the other end of the line, how Jongin wished that he had an airplane so he could fly to her right now. “Jongin… I miss you too… so much”

Jongin didn’t want to be lying in the bed right now. He wanted to be next to Soojung and hug her. He didn’t want her to be sad like this.

He could hear voices, not loudly but he heard that they were speaking to Soojung.

“I have to go now… I’ll add you on Facebook or something.” Soojung said.

Jongin smiled, maybe they could keep the contact with each other even if they didn’t meet like they used to.

“Great, I’d love that” Jongin bit his lower lip. “I love you”

“I know” Soojung replied. “Bye”

~*~*~

Once Jongin hung up the phone, Soojung threw her body onto the bed and began to cry.

She missed Jongin so much and she wanted to be next to him right now.

Voices were heard outside her room; it was Sooyeon’s and someone else’s that Soojung seemed to know very well by now. It was Kris.

The door to her room was slowly being opened and Soojung spotted her sister standing in the opening with a troubled look on her face.

“I heard sobs, is everything alright?” Sooyeon asked.

Soojung sat up as she nodded and dried the tears she had on her cheeks.

Both Sooyeon and Kris sat down on the bed.

“It’s alright” Kris said and placed his arm around Soojung’s shoulder.