T H R E E

Sakura Falling

”So… Soojung, what flavor would you like?” the guy Sooyeon earlier had introduced to Soojung asked her.

The guy, whose name was Kris, pointed at the milkshake-menu.

Sooyeon had finally managed to drag Soojung out of the house and take her to the mall together with this Chinese-Canadian guy called Kris Wu. Soojung had learned that his real name was Wu Yifan but he, apparently, never used that name.

Soojung preferred her real name before the name she used in school, Krystal.

Soojung gazed over the menu. Jongin never had to ask her was kind of flavor she liked; Strawberry. Soojung liked strawberries to everything; milkshakes, cheesecakes and just normal strawberries.

“Soojung… he’s asking a question” Sooyeon whispered and hit Soojung lightly in her thin waist.

Soojung realized that she hadn’t answered to Kris’s question yet. “Umm… I like strawberry-flavor”

Kris nodded. “Strawberry, just as sweet as you”

Soojung knew very well that he said that to flirt with her. She just ignored it and smiled to herself instead.

If she continued like this; she would beat her sister with the image of the ice-princess.

~*~*~

The afternoon passed on in a painfully slow speed for Jongin; the math lesson couldn’t be more boring and all the teacher could do was nagging about the upcoming test. English class was also pure torture for Jongin; it just made him miss Soojung more than he already did.

Since Soojung could speak English fluently she always liked English the best. Whenever the teachers asked the class to read a text out loud; Soojung was always the only one to raise her hand.

“Why don’t you just send her a text message?” Sehun asked on the bus-ride home.

Sehun and Jongin are living in different sides of Seoul, but today was Jongin coming over to Sehun’s house. It was the first time since Soojung moved Jongin visited Sehun.

Today was Friday and they planned on having a small party, just for the two of them.

“Too expensive” Jongin shrugged.

“But Jinri has texted Soojung through KakaoTalk, it’s for free” Sehun looked at Jongin with eyes as big as tea-spoons. He was slightly surprised over the fact that Jongin hadn’t thought about that idea before.

Jinri, Choi Jinri, was Sehun’s neighbor and Soojung’s closest friend. She was a very bright and kind girl.

Jongin turned around in the seat to face Jinri, who was sitting right behind the two boys while listening to music and look out of the window.

When Jongin lightly picked on her shoulder and Jinri looked at him as she slowly removed one of her earphones.

“Sehun told me you have send text messages to Soojung” Jongin’s face was still as serious as ever.

“I have, why?” Jinri began to look through her pink phone.

“How…” Jongin began but bit his lower lip, he had so much to ask but he knew that the only one who could answer them were Soojung herself. “How is she?”

“Fine, I guess” Jinri shrugged with her shoulders. “She hates school and she hasn’t made a lot of friends. But isn’t that pretty typical Soojung? Being an outsider the first couple of weeks and then suddenly gain one million of friends?”

Jongin’s face, which had been all serious for the two weeks since Soojung moved, finally formed a small smile on his lips. He was happy to hear that everything was like it usually is with Soojung.

“Has she…?” Jongin didn’t know how to continue the sentence but Jinri seemed to understand it all.

“Asked about you?” Jinri filled in the sentence.

Jongin began to nod but when he saw Jinri shake her head he felt how his heart dropped and he didn’t know what to do any longer.

“I’m sorry Jongin, but she hasn’t said anything about you” Jinri finally said.