O N E

Sakura Falling

The air was soft and the sun was shining, it was one of these kinds of days when you should be feeling happy.

But either Jongin or Soojung was feeling happy. They were both standing face to face, looking deep into each other’s glassy eyes and tried their best to hold their tears back.

Soojung’s parents had just decided that they should move to California for a while and Soojung would have to break up with Jongin, her boyfriend since two years back.

“I will miss you so much” Soojung whispered.

Jongin nodded and looked away for a while; he couldn’t stand looking at her now. How would he be able to move on from the earth’s most perfect girl?

He would never love a girl like he loved Soojung. He knew that for sure.

“I can never move on from you” Jongin said and tried to hide that his voice was about to break from his girlfriend.

Soojung chuckled for a bit. “Don’t be so cheesy, you will find a new girl tomorrow”

She hit him lightly on the shoulder.

This was what Jongin loved so much with Soojung; she could joke about him being a girl-magnet and he knew that she couldn’t care less. Because she knew that he loved her and her only.

“None of the girls are half the y as you” Jongin winked towards Soojung.

He knew that this was not the right time for him to play jokes with her but he still did so. He couldn’t bare this heavy atmosphere around them if he didn’t.

Soojung is born in California, but with Korean parents, and she moved back to South Korea when she was thirteen years old because of her parents work.

Now, her father has once again been transferred back to California and now the whole family has to move back again.

Soojung dried the tear that fell down from Jongin’s cheek and smiled towards him. She couldn’t stand seeing him crying.

Jongin had always been the person that Soojung could lean her to if she was sad; he had always been showing a strong side to her and now was it his turn to cry. Soojung hated this.

She hated to break up with him.

“Do we really have to break up?” Soojung asked and Jongin’s cheek with her thumb.

Jongin nodded. “There will be an ocean between us. Our love will fade away”

Soojung had never ever heard such a heartbreaking words coming from Jongin’s mouth. She swallowed her saliva and bit on her lower lip.

It was Jongin’s choice to break up with Soojung, she had thought out a plan to make their relationship work as a long-distance relationship but Jongin had told her that it was all pointless.

‘I can’t stand not being able to hold you, it will break us even more’ had Jongin said to Soojung when she explained about her plans.

“Are you sure that you don’t want to follow me to the airport tomorrow morning?” Soojung asked as a try to make their relationship last one day longer.

Jongin shook his head once more. “The sooner we do this, the better”

Suddenly, Soojung felt that she couldn’t keep her emotions inside of her chest any longer. She was always being referred as the ice princess in school but somehow, when Jongin came into her life, the ice around her melted away.

The pink sakura-flowers were falling down over and around them. Surrounding them both; just like in one of those beautiful romantic movies Soojung had been watching so many times with Jongin before.

A few flowers fell into Soojung’s hair, but she only laughed it off. Flowers in her hair weren’t her kind of thing exactly.

Soojung gazed over to the other side of the street, where her house was standing. A white and soon empty house. It was big with three floors and five bathrooms and six bedrooms.

Plus one kitchen, one enormous living room and one library.

Soojung had always liked that house, more than the house she lived in while she was in San Francisco. That one was in the middle of the city and Soojung remembers that she found it hard to sleep with all of the cars driving just outside her window.

“Do you want me to call when I have landed in the States?” Soojung said.

Jongin smiled and for a second Soojung thought that he would like the idea.

“I would miss you too much, no don’t do it. Let’s just end it all here”

Soojung had never heard Jongin sound so cold in her whole life. Maybe he was trying to cover all his feelings up, but doing it like this only hurt Soojung more.

“Can’t you please… kiss me? One last time” The tears were falling down from Soojung’s cheek as she said that.

Jongin placed covered her face with his hands and dried her tears with his thumbs.

He leaned towards her face and kissed her delicate lips.

The kiss was just like their first one, passionate and sweet at the same time. Soojung knew that she would miss his lips the most.

When their lips parted, Soojung knew that she had to leave. She took Jongin’s hand and cried out her four last words to Jongin:

“Please don’t forget me…”

Soojung’s hands were sliding out of Jongin’s hands and she walked into the house.

Jongin had never seen someone he wanted to hold onto disappear so easily and he couldn’t do anything but just watching. He couldn’t do anything.

Please don’t forget me

The words echoed in Jongin’s mind as he began to walk back to his house.

“Trust me Soojung, I’ll never forget you” he said to himself when he walked into his garden.