S E V E N

Sakura Falling

The oh-so familiar ringtone of Soojung’s cellphone rang. Soojung let out a deep sigh; she was studying for the math-test the following day and she didn’t feel like talking in the phone at the moment.

But she picked up the phone otherwise. Kris’s picture was shown on the display. Soojung smiled brightly at the picture. It was taken a few weeks ago when they were out eating chocolate cake. Kris had gotten a bit of whipped cream on his nose and Soojung had been fast to take a picture of that, now is she using that as a display-picture of him just to .

“Are you free today?” Kris sounded surprisingly excited, Soojung couldn’t really tell why. He usually sounded so arrogant and always tried to act cool in front of her.

“I’m studying for the math test now” Soojung pouted. She would love to hang out with Kris, but she was really nervous about the test.

“You need a break, you’ll never learn if you don’t rest as well” Kris chuckled. “I’ll pick you up in thirty minutes so get ready”

After that, Kris hung up. Soojung had never really understood his way to finish a conversation but she was getting used to it.

Soojung hurried and took a look into the mirror. She hadn’t showered today but she fixed it with putting her hair up into a pony-tail. The grey sweat-pants was changed into darkblue jeans, the white t-shirt (previously Jongin’s) changed into a black tank-top and onto that she put on a black leather jacket.

“Mum! I’m going out for a while” Soojung yelled as she left the room and put on black converse on her feet.

Kris’s car was standing outside the house when she got out. She smiled to herself and ran towards it.

Kris got out of the car and opened the door to the passenger-seat. “Hello”

Soojung smiled and took a seat in the car. Kris closed the door behind her and sat down behind the steering-wheel again.

“Hi” Soojung said and checked her phone before she put it back into her pocket.

“Everything okay?” Kris started the car and drove away.

Soojung nodded. “Yes, and you?”

She had never felt such an awkward atmosphere around them before, he must have something planned. She could feel it.

“I’m fine” Kris said. “I would like to take you out for a pizza, like a…”

He paused to find the right words. “… lunch date?”

Soojung blushed and nodded, she didn’t know why or how it could turn out like this. Whenever she was with Kris, Jongin wasn’t corrupting her mind.

~*~*~

Jongin was lying on his bed and looking at the background on his phone. A smiling Soojung could be seen. He smiled to himself; she was so adorable and pretty. He couldn’t describe her in other words.

The phone vibrated and Sehun’s display-picture was shown instead. Jongin rolled with his eyes and picked up.

“Busy?” Sehun said without a greeting.

“No, I’m bored”

“Then come with me, Jinri and Hyeji out. Hyeji didn’t want to come with us if you weren’t there”

Jongin took a look at the clock, it was a long time left for dinner and since he was bored he felt that he could at least follow them out.

They decided to meet at the same old place, a taco-bar in Gangnam, in an hour. Jongin didn’t even bother to change his outfit. It was just Sehun, Jinri and Hyeji he would meet.

While he was sitting on the bus with his earphones plugged in he looked at a happy couple just a few seats in front of him. Jongin knew who they were; it was Sehun’s neighbor Luhan and his girlfriend Joohyun. Luhan kissed Joohyun’s cheek, the same way Jongin had kissed Soojung’s cheeks before.

Jongin felt how tears began to push on under his eyelids and he looked away. Why was he missing Soojung so damn much?

He swallowed and nodded to himself. It was time now; he couldn’t wait for her to comeback any longer.

Jongin would now move on from Soojung.