T E N

Sakura Falling

Hands was being placed over Soojung’s eyes. She quickly removed the hands and turned around. As she had expected; Jinri, Sehun and Yuri was standing there to greet them.

Sooyeon hurried to hug Yuri, and Soojung hugged Jinri and have Sehun a shy gaze.

“Hi, Soojung” Sehun said and hugged Soojung.

“Hello” Soojung let go of Sehun and she accidently touched his upper arm a bit. It was more muscular than she had remembered it.

“Have you been working out?” she smiled.

Sehun chuckled an answer and took Soojung’s back and they began to walk towards Jinri’s mother’s car. And Sooyeon followed Yuri to her car.

“Call me tonight” Sooyeon told Soojung, who nodded and hugged her sister.

“I’ll see you”

~*~*~

When the evening came, Soojung sat down on her bed wearing a pajama in pink cotton while brushing her hair. Jinri looked into the mirror. Her hair was cut short, as a difference from before when it had been longer than Soojung’s hair.

Jinri sat down on the bed next to Soojung’s. The girls looked at each other for a couple of seconds before they both burst out into a big laugh.

“I’ve missed you so much” Jinri said between the laughs.

Soojung nodded in agreement. “Same here”

“It’s great to see you again” Jinri smiled.

Soojung nodded once more and made a small jump into her friend’s bed. “Tell me, what’s going on between you and Sehun?”

Jinri blushed and looked away. “It’s nothing” she said and playfully hit Soojung with a pillow.

~*~*~

The following morning, Soojung went to school with Jinri and Sehun. She wasn’t wearing a uniform and managed to catch a lot of the other student’s attention. To a few people, she was a stranger. But most of the students knew her from before.

“Soojung-ah, are you here for a visit. We have missed you a lot” some students said to her and Soojung couldn’t do anything but smile shyly towards them. All her focus was on finding Jongin somewhere in the crowd of students, all wearing the same clothes.

“Should I call or text him” Sehun asked.

Soojung only shook on her head. If she remembered it all correctly; cell-phones were strictly forbidden at the school and if you were caught using one, the teachers would take them and you would have to pay to get them back. She didn’t want that to happen to her friends. She would eventually find Jongin anyways.

She imagined to meet him. She wondered how it would feel to see his face again, after all this time. How would he react? What if he didn’t feel as happy as she was to see her? What if she just bothered him?

What if he had moved on?

~*~*~

“So, it’s a birthday-gift for Soojung?” Yuri asked in the car-ride home from the apartment she and Sooyeon had been looking at.

It was a nice apartment, it was located in central Seoul and close to the school. It had three rooms – two bedrooms and one living-room – with one kitchen and one bathroom. The apartment was just perfect for the Jung-sisters.

Sooyeon nodded. “I hope that she’ll be happy”

Yuri agreed and smiled at her friend “It will be nice to have you back. Seoul just hasn’t been the same without the two of you”

~*~*~

Jongin didn’t show up at the lesson for the right time. According to Sehun, he was hanging out with a few older guys. Some of them had graduated and some of them were about to graduate and Jongin was always coming late for class.

The teacher welcomed Soojung warmly back to the class as a guest and he noted that Jongin was late before he began to teach.

Fifteen minutes passed of the lesson before Jongin showed up. He apologized and sat down next to Sehun.

Soojung’s heart began to beat harder than before. Jongin didn’t seem to have noticed that Soojung was in the classroom and as long as he didn’t turn around he wouldn’t notice her as well.

As soon as the class ended, Soojung decided to follow Jongin for a bit.

At first, his steps were fast as if he was walking to something but he soon slowed down.

“Hi” Soojung heard Jongin say. The greeting was followed by a female giggle.

Soojung took a small peak and felt how her heart stopped beating. The sight wasn’t what she had expected at all.