Eight

Unseen Connection

"Kris! Over here!" She waved at the man who had just made his way out of his black bentley. He looked up to see the girl waving at him, he couldn't but help pop out a smile. "Stay near, if you have to, but don't interfere." He turned towards his two guards who had managed to keep in that small number despite Luhan and his head security throwing a fit. The guards were hesitant, but nodded as there was no way they'd be able to argue with this man. Specially not when he gives them that icy look, which could have probably frozen them to death. He turned his attention back to the blonde who was standing and smiling waiting for him to approach. His heart thumped at the picture infront of him. Sorry Lu, But I will make it upto you for this touristing date. It wasn't too long ago that he was in the hospital due to his own stupidity, he managed to find Chaerin before she left and bring her to his room. He let her know, that she wasn't to blame because from her eyes he could tell she was cursing herself. One thing led to another in the midst of their comforting conversation, which led to Chaerin staying the night by his side. Just talking about things, random things. She was talking about all the places in Korea there is to see, and Kris realized he'd never really given much of an interest other than from a business perspective towards the country. Seeing the intrigue Kris had in his eyes, Chaerin was suggesting him to go check a few of these places out with Luhan. Kris knew how badly Luhan wanted one day to not deal with anything that was work related, as much as he didn't mind going with Lu, he had an even better idea of his own. He boldly asked her to be his tour guide since she knows so much of what she is talking about. Chaerin was taken aback and speechless at first. She threw many excuses stating on how she hasn't been in the country for a while, she may miss out important things to show him, a professional guide would have been better. However with a little bit of sneaky acting, and pain he pretended to act out from his little "mishap" in the festival it wasn't long before Chaerin's guilt made her agree to the man's idea. Kris smiled as he made his way towards the girl.

"I hope you appreciate this, Kris." Chaerin mumbled. "I don't really like the idea of touristing people on my free time." She stuck her tongue out and began to walk a bit quicker. Kris could only chuckle as he followed in suit. "But I am dropping the murder charges for such a small compensation." He spoke back, it was his turn to tease. Chaerin was now a bit grumpy. "Yah! Let bygones be bygones!" she stopped to glare at him. "Just Kidding. haha." Kris stuck his tongue out. This was new to him too, he wouldn't be so laid back or joke around much, this wasn't his image, with anyone. "You bring out sides of me...even I didn't know." Kris smiled silently to himself as he put his focus back on the Old Palace Chaerin was showing him. "What?" Chaerin appeared beside him suddenly. "Ah nothing nothing." Kris chuckled as he continued to study the architecture of the palace. "Remarkable..." he said. "It is right?" Chaerin smiled. "Art is truly a wonderous thing, in its every form." Chaerin spoke with eyes full of passion. "You really love art eh?" Kris asked looking right at her, realizing he doesn't know much about her other a few small factors. Not noticing how Kris was intently staring Chaerin nodded. "Yeah, It's what makes me who I am." She smiled to meet his beautiful eyes. Taken by surprise, she wasn't able to hide her cheeks from turning red. "Uh. Yeah. Uhm. So You're from China right?" She asked tearing her eyes off him and trying to focus on somewhere else. "Yeah. I am." Kris responded still admiring her. "I read some stuff about your company, wah you really are a chaebol of a whole different level" Chaerin responded continuing to take steps forward. Realizing that Kris had stopped and was looking at her with his brow up, Chaerin realized she ended up using a korean word in her sentence. "Er. Rich person. Something like that?" She laughed awkwardly and her dumbness. Kris was just silent. " I don't mean it in a bad way, you have such a big responsibility, so many people depend on you, you own a whole conglomerate. That is so amazing." She ended awkwardly. "Perhaps..." Kris didn't say much as he hadn't been able to stop and stare everynow and then at the girl before him. The way she walked, the way she smile, or spoke, how she pushed her hair behind her ears and how she can get so upbent at her little random acts she calles foolish. It was all a sight to take in for him more so than this palace. He was here because he knew he just wanted to be able to see her. As much as he could.  "Palaces are probably the essence of a country's architectural achievements...ornate, exquisite yet sad for some reason don't you think Kris?" Chaerin who had gone talking about something Kris totally lost track off, was now looking at him waiting for his opinion. "Sad?" he asked? That being the only world he caught, he didn't want to hurt her by saying something along the lines of "I was not paying attention to a word you said." Luckily for him, Chaerin rephrased her question unknowingly. "Yeah, palaces in general any place that stands on power...a power that caused alot of bloodshed and treacherous acts." "There is always a good or a bad side to it, that was what history teaches to us is to not repeat the bad, the mistakes. One way to look at it is from the fact that they brought change, and culture to a developing society, they helped in making the country what it is today, that's not sad, but good." Kris responded. "Hmmm...They were able to do it through power and strength and somecases brutality...sometimes that doesn't make it a good thing you know." Chaerin's smile changed into that of a serious one. "There is no such thing as power...you could have all the power in the world but still be helpless..." Kris muttered as he saw the girl walk ahead of him, as if she forgot he was there with her. He only sighed as he went to catch up to her.

"Chaerin, do you not like me much because of my background or who I am?" Kris suddenly asked her with his eyes locked on her across from the table where they sat. "Eh?" Chaerin had stopped drinking her soup. "You don't seem to be to fond of the rich." Kris let out a fake awkward laugh trying to keep his voice and face normal. "it's not like that..." Chaerin mumbled. " I don't like rich people, thats true, they are usually s, and snobby and think life revolves around them." She said bluntly. Kris nodded his head, trying to hide the sadness that was beginning to creep within him. "But. You're different." She smiled. "You're very different, like I said I read about you and your business, I think you're an amazing person, and real down to earth." She gave him another of her signature smiles. The sadness no longer existed, but the next few words brought out an even bigger effect. "I would definitely not be here if I disliked you, you can count on that" She laughed. "I like you." Chaerin told him with a bright smile. Kris's pulse took a 180 degree change. His body was tingling, he felt goosebumps under his jacket. He felt truly happy. I like you too, I think I like you too. He whispered to himself, watching the girl before him happily eat her meal.

--------------------------------------

Bleh. Updated. OTL 
I think i made it confusing...or idk. Havent been able to focus much on writing things properly all of a sudden.
Anyways....

If you like. Read. Comment. Subscribe? ^^
 

Later
--
MS