Bonding time

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N:
Aish, seriously -_- I found out that my ATM card is blocked today (it was still working 4 days ago). I'm lucky my piggybank at home still had some money or I'd have nothing to eat over the weekend now. I spent my day running around in this stupid heat and I still have no clue why my card is not working. I have to go to the bank on monday and hope for the best. First time experiencing the shame of standing at the checkout with a full cart and being unable to pay...
Sorry for ranting *sniff* ;A;

Have fun with the chapter. I need something against my headache now xD


 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

Damn! Why are you such a coward, Nam Woohyun! That could’ve been his chance to confess his feelings, but somehow the ‘No’ had slipped from his lips unconsciously. He wanted Sunggyu to know what his real feelings were, but the question had thrown him out of balance. Especially Sunggyu’s answer had hurt Woohyun. Good. The word felt like acid to his heart and he wondered if Sunggyu was against gays like his mother, but his best friends were in a relationship and Sunggyu seemed perfectly fine with it. Mr. Kim hadn’t mentioned anything of that kind to him as well when he had warned Woohyun about his wife. But how else was he supposed to interpret his answer? His reaction to Hyuna’s advances had given Woohyun some hope before, but now he wasn’t sure anymore if Sunggyu had been jealous or not. The younger man clutched the present in his hands harder and tried to hide his hurt feelings from the other.

 

They went back inside in silence and Sunggyu told his parents about their plans. They didn’t like the idea of course, but as far as Woohyun could tell from the rapid speed of Sunggyu’s signs he didn’t listen to their protests. He wondered if the older was trying too hard for him. In the end all four of them left the house, but Sunggyu’s parents kept their distance. He left his present at the house because Woohyun was afraid he could lose it. He could feel the strong glare from Mrs. Kim without turning around. The brown-haired man nudged him with his notebook.

 

‘Are you mad?’ Sunggyu signed him.

 

Woohyun smiled weakly. “No…I’m just thinking.”

 

The older man lowered his gaze. “It’s not your fault, hyung!”

 

Sunggyu opened his notebook to write something. Woohyun glanced at the street in front of them from time to time so they wouldn’t run into a wall or get run over by a car.

 

‘You don’t have to lie to me. I’m sorry for before. I was scared.’

 

He frowned at the last sentence. So Sunggyu thought that being gay was something scary? Or had Woohyun done something else to frighten him? “I’m not lying, hyung. I’m sorry for scaring you. It’s not important, just forget the question.”

 

Woohyun watched the path in front of them again when the older man returned to scribbling in his notebook. He glanced at Sunggyu several times, but the other was busy writing a longer text. The black-haired man could only hope that they were still going in the right direction because he didn’t know where the next ice cream parlor was and Sunggyu wasn’t paying attention to their surroundings. Woohyun looked behind them to ask Sunggyu’s parents for directions, but he couldn’t see them anymore. He blinked and stopped walking. He was sure he had still seen Mrs. Kim behind them at the last corner. Their disappearance kind of made him nervous. Woohyun turned around again and saw that Sunggyu had gotten off course and was heading straight for a red pedestrian light.

 

“Hyung!” Woohyun closed the distance between them with wide steps.

 

He grabbed Sunggyu’s left arm to stop him and pulled him a step back. Sunggyu gave him a startled look and glanced at his hand, which Woohyun immediately retracted. “I’m sorry for touching you. You need to watch where you’re going”

 

Sunggyu turned a page in his notebook. Woohyun only got a glimpse of the previous page, but he could see that it was filled with words. ‘I’m sorry. I wasn’t paying attention.’

 

“It’s okay as long as you’re alright. By the way, your parents are gone. I wanted to ask them for the way, but they’ve disappeared.” Woohyun glanced behind them but he could only see strangers.

 

The older man followed his gaze. Sunggyu seemed happy about their absence and his reaction lightened Woohyun’s mood a bit. ‘They won’t get lost. Come on, it’s not far from here.’

 

Sunggyu kept his notebook closed for the rest of the way and the younger couldn’t stop wondering about the contents of the full page. It didn’t take them long to reach the ice cream parlor. Sunggyu went inside immediately. Probably because there were so many people sitting outside and the sun was burning down on them. Woohyun knew that the older man didn’t like staying in the sunlight for too long. That was probably the reason why Sunggyu was so pale, but the younger would be lying if he said that the white color of his skin looked unattractive. He followed him into the café and they sat down in a shadowy corner. The brown-haired boy grabbed the menu and pushed his notebook over the table casually. Woohyun glanced at the book in front of him.

 

“You want me to read it?” Sunggyu hid his face behind the menu, but he saw the older man nod.

 

He grabbed the notebook and opened it carefully. Woohyun found the right page and his fingers followed the words while he read.

 

‘I’m sorry if my reaction hurt you. Honestly it’s okay even if you’re gay. You’re still the same person, right? I’m just not good with talking about it.

When you asked me about it I thought you might have lied about your intentions to get close to me. Someone did that to me once and you can see the result in front of you. I know you wouldn’t do that, Woohyun, but some things or words make me remember stuff that I would rather forget. I’m sorry. I’m a burden and a bad friend.

I hope we can get along again, Woohyun. I hate the tension between us now. You’re important to me.

Does this sound weird?

We haven’t known each other for long but I want to see you happy. Your smile gives me strength though I’m probably not showing it enough. So smile again, Woohyun. Be comfortable with me. Trust me. Tell me your worries or your wishes. I want to be there for you too.’

 

Woohyun felt a bit bad, because in a way he had lied to Sunggyu about his intentions. He had even lied about his ual orientation though the older man seemed to doubt his answer. Was he that obvious? He was relieved of course because Sunggyu was fine with the possibility of him being gay. He’s fine with it! He won’t hate me. I should’ve said ‘yes’ earlier!

 

Woohyun was curious about that someone that had hurt his hyung. Since Sunggyu was avoiding the whole ‘gay topic’ the one that had betrayed him was probably a man. The black-haired man was scared of putting all the pieces of the puzzle together. Thinking about the things that might have happened to the other man made him furious. He couldn’t forgive the person who still controlled Sunggyu. It was that person’s fault that Sunggyu had so little self-esteem.

 

The second paragraph made him smile again. He reread the third sentence several times. You’re important to me! You’re important to me! Woohyun wanted to show it to the whole world, but he kept his happiness under control. Calm down, Nam Woohyun! He only means you’re an important friend! Woohyun knew that Sunggyu probably meant friendship and nothing more, but he could not stop his heart from beating faster. He was extremely happy. Nothing, absolutely nothing would stop him from smiling like an idiot for the rest of the day.

 

He looked up from the notebook and found Sunggyu staring at him. Their eyes met and the other hid behind the menu again quickly. Woohyun laughed. “I caught you staring, hyung.”

 

“Am I interrupting or could you tell me your order please?”

 

Woohyun looked to the left side where a waiter was standing and waiting for their order. “I want a strawberry sundae. What about you, hyung?”

 

Sunggyu had to put down his menu to show the waiter what he wanted. After taking their order the waiter left them alone again. Silence engulfed them and the older man bit his lower lip while his gaze was glued to the table. Woohyun took a deep breath.

 

“Sunggyu-hyung, can you look at me?”

 

The brown-haired man glanced at him and Woohyun gave him an honest smile. “You’re not a burden and if anyone is a bad friend that would be me. I’m impulsive and I often make the wrong decisions. I even lied to you, hyung, but I need some preparation before I can tell you the truth. I trust you, Sunggyu-hyung, so I’m asking you to trust me too. I won’t ever hurt you and I'm not trying to trick you.”

 

Sunggyu only stared at him for about a minute before he nodded finally. Woohyun knew he had to tell him the truth sooner or later, but the ice cream parlor didn’t seem like an appropriate place and he still wanted to get closer to Sunggyu. He was determined to break his shell first. He had no idea how to do that though, breaking it seemed like playing with fire. One wrong move could burn their connection to ashes in a second.

 

“Here’s your order.” The waiter interrupted again and put the two dishes on the table.

 

Woohyun thanked him and the man left them alone again. He glanced at Sunggyu’s order. The younger smirked. “Hyung, isn’t that from the children’s menu?”

 

The brown-haired man bent over the table with narrowed eyes and grabbed his notebook. ‘Who cares? I wanted a small serving. There’s no rule on the menu that adults can’t order this.’

 

He laughed at Sunggyu’s remark. “I guess that’s true, but there are no fruits on it. Isn’t that boring?”

 

Sunggyu shrugged and started eating his ice cream. Woohyun didn’t want his sundae to melt so he started eating too. He stole glances at the other repeatedly and he caught Sunggyu looking several times. The black-haired man put a strawberry with some cream on his spoon and reached over the table to offer it to Sunggyu. The older man stared at the spoon with a questioning look.

 

“It’s for you, hyung! Only vanilla and chocolate ice cream are too boring! It won’t bite~” He waved the spoon i

Please log in to read the full chapter