Busy schedule

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

330 subscribers...gosh >w< I feel like a celebrity. Maybe I should wear sunglasses and a cap when I'm going outside - no, just joking. But I feel flattered anyways <3
Thanks for the new upvotes!

Like always I find it amazing how I can write 5 pages but in the story not even two hours pass. It's a new definition of slow. What am I doing? Writing a novel? Lol ;A;
I didn't make it to the tailor, but next chapter it will definitely happen.
I'll be gone over the weekend by the way, but I will try to update again tomorrow!

Some "Donggyu" and family bonding time ahead. You're probably sick of it by now *chuckle*
 

 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

Sunggyu woke up with his cellphone still in his hands. He smiled to himself, something he rarely did in the morning. He unlocked the screen and reread Woohyun’s last message from the night before. They were quite lucky, because the younger man had some free time around lunchtime today since the owner of the sushi bar wanted him to come later today. But it meant a shorter time for preparation as well. The brown-haired man threw the cellphone on the small table next to his bed and climbed out of his warm blanket. That the day would come when I’m leaving my bed out of my own free will…

 

He shrugged and walked to his desk. Sunggyu sat down and started writing a small list of things he didn’t want to forget today. He wrote down some possible scenarios on how Woohyun would - probably - react to his surprise present. The range was quite far from extremely positive and happy to a very depressing breakup scenario. Sunggyu ripped the last part of the page with the negative scenario off and threw it into the trash can. I should think more optimistically, right? He told me he wouldn’t leave my side no matter what happens. I believe him.

 

He groaned and wondered how everything was going to end today. His father knew about the emotional problems he was going through, but his mother had no idea. She was still unsure about Woohyun in general. The whole goal for today was to get her approval for the black-haired man and for Woohyun to take his present. Sunggyu wasn’t confident in achieving either of the two goals. He could only hope that his father had a good plan for them.

 

The brown-haired man turned around and glanced out of his window. When had his thoughts changed so much? Sunggyu had used to ponder only about his nap times or the next meal. He used to be more timid and afraid. Now he was even thinking about going to the tailor with his parents and he even wanted to go to an official event. Sunggyu wondered if it was braveness or madness that made him act like that; maybe it was just love. He knew he couldn’t think too long about the whole thing, because after a while his negative thoughts would eventually win over the positive ones. His self-confidence was still very low.

 

Sunggyu still had some time so he decided to console his best friend about the meeting today. It took Dongwoo a while to answer to his text. He could guess why, because it was still early and the dinosaur still had some time before he had to go to work.

 

Good morning, Sunggyu-hyung! (。 ̄□ ̄) What can your best friend do for you? Is this about a certain tree again? Just tell me the truth...I’m not your most favorite person anymore, right? ヽ(´□`。)ノ You’re hanging out more with Woohyun than me! I feel neglected, hyung! (´╥﹏╥) You know I love you the most ♥ ♥ ♥

      - Dongwoo

 

You liar, you love Howon the most (ー△ー;)
No one can replace you! Don’t worry, Dongwoo!
But yes, it’s about Woohyun again. Am I getting
on your nerves with my questions? Sorry.

                      - Sunggyu

 

NO NEVER! YOU’RE THE BEST! HOYA IS JUST SOMEONE I KNOW!! ( ꒪Д꒪)ノWrite me whenever you want, about whatever you want! Did something happen with the tree? Don’t make me so curious!

       - Dongwoo

 

Well he confessed to me a while ago. I haven’t
answered him yet, but maybe I feel the same.
You know more about homouality than me.
Ugh, this is embarrassing (╯_╰) My father
knows about it, but he can’t help me much with
this. What should I do, Woo?

                     - Sunggyu

 

There was no answer this time, at least not a fast one. Sunggyu frowned. Why wasn’t Dongwoo answering to the most important text? He bit his lower lip nervously and stared at the screen. A new text window popped up, but the message was from Howon this time.

 

Dongwoo just literally jumped out of the window. He forgot his phone so I’m being nice enough to inform you that he is on the way to your house. Hyung, please remind him that he needs to go to work soon, because I'm sure he forgot already.
P.S: Don’t believe a word he says, he loves chocolate the most in this world ╮(─▽─)╭

                       - Howon

 

Sunggyu sat up straight and checked the time. He didn’t expect Dongwoo to just drop everything and come to his home. They had a busy schedule today and he didn’t feel prepared at all. He stood up from his chair quickly and made his way to the bathroom. Sunggyu took a quick shower and he managed to change his clothes as well before the doorbell rang. His parents were the first at the door of course. The brown-haired man could hear his mother rejoice when she saw Dongwoo.

 

“Dongwoo, what a surprise! It’s so early, what are you doing here?” He heard her ask.

 

He rubbed his hair once more with the towel to dry it before he threw the towel away. Sunggyu stumbled down the stairs while panting. He was not used to too much moving around in the morning.

 

“Mrs. Kim! I have important things to discuss with hyung! I’m on a very important mission!” Dongwoo’s voice came from the front door. Don’t you dare mention anything in front of her!

 

“Oh, he didn’t mention anything. Why are you only wearing shorts by the way?”

 

Sunggyu hit his forehead with his right palm and jogged towards the entrance. Dongwoo saw him and waved his hand at him. The older man noticed that his friend really wasn’t wearing anything except for his shorts and the sandals on his feet. He must’ve really jumped out of the window without thinking.

 

‘I invited him over for breakfast. He hasn’t been here for a while, right?’

 

It was a lie, but he couldn’t exactly tell her that he was going to discuss his possible homouality with his gay best friend. Sunggyu suddenly noticed that he was surrounded by a lot of gay friends, no, he had only gay friends. He frowned. Maybe I’m a magnet? It would explain his circle of friends. He was sure his mother wouldn’t be able to handle the news well.

 

She smiled. “Oh, that’s nice I guess, but next time you should warn us. Come inside, Dongwoo. We’re not done with setting the table yet, so you have to wait. Put on some clothes in the meantime, good gracious! Sunggyu!”

 

The blond man laughed and tried to hide parts of his chest, now a bit shy about his appearance. “Yes! Sunggyu-hyung, let’s go to your room. You have to lend me some of your clothes.”

 

The brown-haired man nodded and they walked away. Sunggyu’s first action was to find some clothes for the almost blond in his room. He threw a baggy black shirt and a washed out pair of jeans to Dongwoo, who put the clothes on with a thankful smile.

 

“It’s good that we’re almost the same height, hyung! I totally forgot about everything else when I read the first sentence of your text! You have to tell me everything.” The blond man said and took the freedom to sit down first on the bed.

 

Sunggyu sat down as well. ‘You didn’t have to come. We could’ve talked over the phone.’

 

“Something big like this happened! How can I not come? So how and when did it happen? What did he say? What do you think about it? Are you going to accept? Oh god, have you accepted already? This happens when we don’t talk regularly anymore!” The other spammed him with excitement in his eyes.

 

He wasn’t sure which question he was supposed to answer first. It was a bit embarrassing to remember the confession, but since it was Dongwoo he could tell him about it. The younger man squealed sometimes, but Sunggyu noticed that he didn’t seem too surprised. Maybe he had guessed it already like Sunggyu’s father.

 

“After the aquarium date?! That tree…I will snap off his branches! He didn’t tell me about that part of your date!” Dongwoo exclaimed. “So it was before your panic attack in the bathroom? Did it happen because of the confession?”

 

Sunggyu shook his head. ‘No, at least not directly. Did you know he was going to confess?’

 

The blond man cleared his throat. “Well…Hoya and me, we kind of knew about it to be honest, but we didn’t want to worry you. We just watched over your developing relationship silently.”

 

He frowned. ‘How come everyone but me noticed it or knew about it, but no one told me? Now I feel like a blind idiot.’

 

His best friend ruffled his hair. “We were afraid you might not be good with…a confession from a man after the thing with you-know-who. You’re not blind or stupid, Gyu-hyung! Besides it would’ve been unfair of us to tell you. It’s Woohyun’s feelings after all. He should tell you himself. Don’t be mad, hyung.”

 

Sunggyu buried his face in his hands. This is so embarrassing. Was I the only one who didn’t know? I mean he was kind of suspicious sometimes, but I guess Dongwoo is right.

 

“Don’t hide, Sunggyu-hyung. You can talk to me about anything. I mean we’ve been friends for a long time and although something bad like that happened to you, you even accepted my relationship with Howon back then. Even if everyone else was against it, you were on my side. So no matter what you say now won’t change our friendship. Just because it’s two men doesn’t make a relationship any different. Love is the same for every human. So what happened afterwards?”

 

He told Dongwoo that he was relatively sure about his feelings for the younger man

Please log in to read the full chapter